Project partners

"Hey, how was school today?" My brother asked from the kitchen. "Good I guess" I answered bored. "Do you want to eat something?" He required concern in his voice. "No" I just said and went upstairs to my room to rest. I stripped my socks from my legs and changed into comfortable clothes. I sat on my reading table to do my homework. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone or even eat. I was moody and I  was kinda glad because being moody feels like a me-time to yourself. I brought out my homework from my bag and began working. After a couple of minutes, I decided to get fresh air. I roamed around the street until I arrived at a coffee shop and decided to buy a cup of coffee. It has been a very long time since I had street coffee. I requested a cold cup of coffee and sat on a table to drink it. I just want to drink in peace and without anyone now. I heard the bell Jingle as I knew a customer came in. I stared at the window looking at how people passed by. Small kids had cotton candy on their hands while some had balloons. It reminded me of my childhood. A small smile made my way to my face until it dropped. My eyes turned to a boy who came in. 

It was Ryan.

He was sitting on a table looking at his phone. Then his eyes met mine. His stare was long and cold like he had something bad against me. I looked away and looked back at the window attempting to focus on the children passing by. I heard footsteps coming to my table, my finger crossed.

Ryan came to seat with me. His eyes burning into mine like I was a movie or something. "Please stop staring!" I commanded. My voice held with authority. "Please stop staring Ryan, that's scary" I warned shaking on my spot. I sighed in my head. Why can't he stop staring at me?

"Are you dumb?" I asked looking into his blue captivating eyes. He only shook his head saying no. "Then why can't you talk?" I asked him. My voice sounded like I was screaming. He just stood there still watching me until I got up to leave. "Satisfied?" He asked.

I just stood there on the spot. 'Did he just talk?'. His voice was very deep and every tone sounded serious. I can't still believe it. "You.. just talked," I said.

"So? I have a voice." He said rolling his eyes at me. "Hey, don't be mean" I pouted. "Listen, you're the only one that has ever heard my voice in school. So keep it that way", he warned. I only looked at him in the eyes. Was he asking? Or threatening?

He stood up to leave, then stopped. "And stop calling me a Greek God," he said and exited the cafe. I don't understand what he's talking about. I shook my head in confusion and exited the cafe. I just wanted to be alone and now Ryan had to come and fill my head with confusion and thought. I quickly finished my coffee and went home. The day has been confusing enough.

****

"Today we're gonna be pairing partners in this project. If you hear your name called, come forth" The teacher announced and everyone shook their head in acknowledgment.

"Claudia and Ben

"Casey and Blair

"Anthony and Ruby

"Jake and Anita

"London and Yna

Bella and Blake

Lastly,

"Isabella and Ryan.

Whattttt?

"Umm...Excuse me ma" I bit my lips in frustration. "Can't I be with someone else?" I asked

"No Isabella, you can't and besides, you and Ryan make a good Project partner," She said and adjusted her glasses that were about falling. I looked at Ryan at the corner of my eyes. His face wore a smirk. I just felt like punching him until his toothless.

"Now, you are to find out about your country," She said.

At least it was easy than I expected. I just need to search it online and Boom!! Ryan's gone.

"To be submitted on Monday. Class dismissed.

The bell immediately rang after she said the last word. Her words are always punctual to her mouth before the bell even rings. 

I grabbed my bag and swung it to my left shoulder. My eyes fell on a piece of paper on my table with an Italic handwritten. 

'Meet me at my house for the project, I'll text you my address. Better be punctual'

I rolled my eyes and tucked it into my bag's pocket before leaving for the next class. Thank goodness I had it with my 2 besties that are not as senseless as Ryan.

---------------

"I never wanted to be paired with Casey in the first place. I wanted it to be a boy" Blair complained. I chuckled at her action and grabbed my food before approaching our table. "Listen, Blair, you talk too much that's why you are not growing' Casey complemented before stuffing her mouth with salad. "Excuse me, I'm taller than you" Blair pouted even though it wasn't true. 

"Why do you want a boy to be your partner? it's not like you're gonna learn anything in this project" Casey continued pinching Blair on the cheek. 'Ouch! That hurts" Blair exclaimed

"You guys!! Can we eat our lunch in peace without you two fighting?" I begged to try to hold in my laughter after seeing Blair's facial expression. 'Okay," They both said in unison.

I looked at Blake's table. He wasn't here yet with his group. I slapped the thought out of my head. After what he said yesterday, I can't just believe it. I was a fool to believe he would like me in the first place. 

"Helloo, Earth to Isabella. What are you thinking about? Ryan?" Blair asked and winked at me. She's always finding a way to harass me. "No! Why would I think of him?' I screeched back. 

"Whatever, you're very lucky though. You have the most handsome guy in school to be your project partners. God, I wished it was a partner for life" She said acting exciting.

Typical Blair.

"So are you going or his coming? Casey asked staring at Blair with her eyes rolled at her best friend foolishness.

"I'm coming," I said. God, please kill me.

Why must I have to be the one with Ryan? First, he threatened me and now, we're project partners.

Someone truly cursed me when I was little.

A/n

Soooo.Ryan finally talked with Isabella. And now they are project partners...I was getting tired of Ryan's Silence treatment already

Comment

Vote.

1087 words