porcelain mask || reader & author

I'm not a myth.

Above is art from a friend, and I'd like to thank them for it.

it's an Night OC.

Nor am I thinking straight.

Just read, please. You'll understand it further.

Not a songfic.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Authors PoV

Calmly picking up the mask off the table that covered the tears that shredded and fell from my cheeks, the mask glued as my facial expression changed to a pathetic smile—sitting down on the chair as she spun it around to face the beach house that softly sat at the edge of the sand.  The waves come as loving rascals, sun-warmed and sweet, to wash up on the sands. Perhaps that is why the children love to play in them so very much. The spirit of the sea and the children coming together in something we grown-ups should have held on to.  I have always loved the flowers, and the birds loved the sunlight and the clouds that drift by. I have always loved the way the leaves move in a breeze and that soft whispering sound they make like nature loves to chatter too. Yet the tiredness that begun a while ago remains like a veil over my skin, grey and cold. And as I watch the petals and the twigs that sway outside the window, there is only a creeping sorrow where there should be a joy. It sits like November rain on my skin, enough to chill what was once warm inside. At any other time, I would have called a friend, asked for the warmth I needed to ward it off, just a little is enough. No longer. Now I just let it come, drop by drop, and I feel like it is an ocean falling upon me instead of rain - that the grief of years I carefully suspended has all condensed right above my head into a cloud large enough to block the sun. They say it can't rain forever, that there will come a time when it must cease, that the last drop will have fallen. The thing is, I just don't care. I will still be true to myself, even help others, but I plan to just stay here in the cold, comfortably numb.

I was gulping up the courage, the sound of the doorbell rung. Straightening up quickly from the seat, skidding across the wooden floor-boards as I raced to the door. Anxiety filled my body soon as I reached for the doorknob, my hand connecting with the golden but old rickety metal.

The fear of someone standing in front of my door, ready to judge me, to destroy me personally. 

Swallowing my pride down, I twisted it and opened it wide open, only for an immense shine from the sun hit my eyes. Lifting my free arm to cover my eyes, a figure started to form in front of me.

"Author!" A loud voice came from the figure as I happily smiled.

"Hey [Y/N]!" Happily smiling as I took their hand, I pulled them in.

"You're wearing your mask again." They mumbled as they stared at the mask that placed on my mask.

"I-"

"You shouldn't wear it. Your hiding your feelings again.." They mumbled.

Sighing in sadness, I nodded and took the mask off, revealing the tears.

Third Person PoV

[Y/N] sighed in sympathy as she brought the Author closer, hugging them.

"It's alright to cry."

"How come I feel so empty?" The author questioned as they sobbed, hugging [Y/N].

"Shh, it's alright" Hugging them tighter. Closing their eyes, the Author also did so, calming down. 

They both softly breathed before finally sleeping.