006. {fight club}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 13th
hawkins' army store - hawkins' police station

the next day, once daniel had left to work, tilly snuck out of the house and to the army store because she knew that's where the two would be.

"thanks for the invitation." tilly spoke to nancy.

the older girl nearly dropped her basket in surprise, "mati-tilly? what are you doing here?"

"jonathan called this morning and told me last night was a failure." tilly explained.

jonathan came out form the other aisle, "tilly?"

"she snuck out." nancy told him, "and she wants to come with."

"what?" jonathan asked.

"i mean when you called this morning, it sounded like you were asking me to come." tilly said.

jonathan shook his head, "no, i was not."

"have fun explaining to your mothers why you're stocking up on weapons." tilly pretended to walk off, knowing they wouldn't let her.

the two teens transmitted a look, "wait!"

"i knew you'd cave." tilly smirked, "now, what do we need?"

nancy walked forward and saw bear traps, she looked back at jonathan for approval but was interrupted.

"gringo!" tilly grinned as she snatched it off the shelf and put it into nancy's basket.

"gringo?" jonathan asked.

"yeah." tilly nodded, "it's like a mix of great and bingo or it means badass."

"i've never heard that before." he admitted.

"oh well." tilly shrugged, "i probably made it up."

the three rushed to the counter and as nancy was unloading everything, the shopkeeper had his mouth agape.

"problem?" tilly raised her eyebrow with a smile.

"and i'll have four boxes of the .38s." jonathan told him.

"what you kids doin' with all this?" he finally asked.

"um..."

"monster hunting." nancy told him.

"huh." the man scoffed but let them go either way.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"monster hunting?" jonathan asked as they loaded his car.

nancy laughed, "you know, last week... i was shopping for a new top i thought steve might like-"