chapter 5

Xavier

She was a beautiful little thing, with a beautiful name to go with it.

Lacey, I thought. Her voice suited her, feminine, and sweet. Her skin was a creamy colour, she had long dirty blonde locks that looked like silk. Her eyes were a beautiful jade colour. She was incredibly small, around 5'1.

Her figure has me and my wolf going ballistic. Her bottom is deliciously round, and her waist perfectly curved for my arms to wrap around. Her chest is beautifully rounded. Her lips are plump and a light pink, looking perfect to kiss. She had a small, heart shaped face, her eyebrows framing her jade eyes incredibly. It's like she has been crafted by the Gods.

Hell, it must've taken centuries to create such a beautiful creature.

My little mate was currently taking a shower, and the thought of her naked excited my wolf and I to a new level I've never experienced before.

I shook the dirty thoughts out of my head before I got my wolf too excited. I needed to wait until she was ready, and I promised myself I would do that exactly.

After about 30 minutes of Lacey showering, I filled with worry. I called for her, making sure she was okay.

"I'm okay, I'll be out in a second." She replied, her sweet voice ringing to my ears.

I eventually heard the water shut off and the shuffle of her slipping on the clothes I had given her.

I waited patiently outside the door, then I soon came in contact with my little sweetheart. I looked her up and down, shamelessly.

She's so fucking beautiful, even in large, baggy clothes and knotty wet hair. My shirt went down to her knees, along with my boxers I gave her. Her face was slightly pink from the heat of the shower, and it turned even more pink when she noticed me looking at her intently. The blush had my wolf purring, and I knew by then my eyes were black from looking at this flawless creation I'm lucky to call my mate.

I sniffed her hair, and slightly moaned when I realized it smelt like me. I chuckled when I noticed her looking up at me, with wide eyes.

"Are you o-okay Xavier?" My beautiful mate asked me, stuttering, and snapping me out of my tranced state.

I smiled lightly. "Sorry, you're just so beautiful, I can't help myself." I replied, while smirking. She blushed again, and turned her head away, shielding me from seeing her pink blushed face with her long locks.

"Come here, I'll show you our room." I said, holding out my hand for her to hold.

She hesitantly put her hand in mine, my wolf purring at how soft her skin was. Her hand was tiny, almost child like, but it fit perfectly in my larger one.

"Our room?" She mumbled, only loud enough for me to hear. I chuckled, of course she'd be sleeping my room, I needed to feel her skin against mine, I needed to know she was safe-- my main priority. I winced at the thought of anyone ever hurting her, or laying a finger on her. She was mine, and only mine.

I showed my beauty pictures of my family, and I saw emotions flash through her eyes. Maybe even a bit of sadness. Why would she be sad? My wolf whined, but I shook it away. I wasn't going to ask her anything until she was ready.

I eyed her curvy little figure as she moved across the room hesitantly, as she picked up pictures I had.

"Can I see that picture? He looks so familiar." Lacey asked, pointing to a picture above her. The picture was of me and my beta and bestfriend, Bryce.

"Of course, baby." I replied, and chuckled when I saw her little body stand on her tiptoes, trying to reach the photos. I grabbed it with ease, and handed it to her.

However, when I was handing the picture to her, the inside of her wrist was shown.

"What's in your wrist?" I growled, fearful for her answer. Her eyes went wide, and I noticed her start to panic. I heard her heart beat incredibly faster, along with mine.

Please, no, This can't be real, I thought.

Dozens, probably around 60 raised cuts when in all directions going up both of her arms. I also noticed fresh bruises, and some old going up her arm.

How could I not of noticed this? I thought to myself.

My heart felt like it had been stabbed thousands of times, my head spun with anger and sadness. I felt bile rise in through in my throat, yet I pushed it back. My knees went weak, and I collapsed on my knees. Salty tears welled in my eyes, and for the first time in forever, I cried.

"N-no." I choked on a sob, letting a few tears slip from my eyes onto her tummy.

"Y-you did this to yourself? N-no, please no." I said, my voice cracking anymore. I don't care if she saw me crying, this hurt so damn much.

She nodded, and I noticed her emerald eyes well with tears as she quickly blinked them away, almost like she was trying to hide more vulnerability from me.

I hugged her body against me, still on my knees. I felt her wince when I touched her hips and back with my hands.

I cautiously lifted up her shirt just below her breasts, and noticed even more scars. This time, they didn't look self- inflicted. The cuts looked more like slashes, like someone whipped her constantly with a belt. Or cut her fragile, delicate skin. The bruises on her tummy looked fresh also. I shifted my head slightly so that I saw her back, and saw the same things-- except the slashes we impossibly deeper. There was a large one underneath her breast, which looked like it had had stitches before.

I lifted the boxers ever so slightly, and saw hundreds of small cuts slashed upon her thighs. I felt even more tears slip through, and my throat went dry.

How could my baby blame herself like this?

Then, I felt her little hand run through my hair, and I relaxed ever so slightly at her soft touch. My wolf purred, even through all the sadness, anger and pain.

It felt like I couldn't breathe. I hated myself so much for not protecting my baby.

I was a failed mate.

Someone hurt her.

She hated herself, so she blamed and hurt herself also.

And I wasn't there to protect her, to kill those sick bastards who dare lay a finger on her, I wasn't there to comfort her.

I wasn't there to fucking tell her how beautiful she was, and how much she was worth it.

This hurts so damn much.

---
this chappy makes me emotional woW love u all
-corinne