chapter 14

Lacey

Hit. Punch. Crack. Tears filled my dull green eyes as my father kicked me. Three times in the nose, nine in the ribs, and 19 in in the stomach. And this was him going easy on me.

He had powerful blows, each time the hit getting stronger and stronger. I knew that many of my bones were already broken, but I couldn't go to the hospital. If I went to the hospital, they'd find out about the abuse.

Father told me if anyone found out, he would kill me.

The excruciating hits went on for hours and hours, repeating the cycle over and over again.

I don't know if he got bored of me, or maybe he got the sense that if he didn't stop soon I'd die-- but I soon felt the hits stop coming my way, when I noticed my fathers huge frame stumble around the house, breaking anything and everything in his path.

If I were healthier, I would've breathed in a long sigh of relief, just like I used to when ever the hitting session was finished.

However, I couldn't. Every time I inhaled, there was a sharp, burning sensation in my chest from being kicked and whipped there one too many times. I was already a petite person as is, so my weak- non muscled body was even more sensitive against the abuse.

I weakly tried to get up, digging my elbows into the floor as I tried to pull myself up so I could crawl to my room and try to get rest.

This didn't help, instead I heard sickening cracks in my spine and ribs making me cringe. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, while biting my lip so hard that I drew blood. If father heard me scream or hell in pain, he'd come back down and give me another round of beatings.

The pain got worse and worse, a fire sensation spreading through my body as I tried yet again to lift my weak, bloody body from the floor.

Warm, salty tears streamed down my face as I tried again and again to get up. I soon gave up, panting heavily as I fell back down on the floor, ignoring the pain this time. I closed my eyes tightly, as I attempted to shut out the pain this time.

An earring piercing scream escaped from my lips as the pain seemed to get worse and worse, the aching sensation in my head getting stronger.

"Lacey?" I heard a deep, yet familiar name call out. I shut my eyes even tighter, maybe I truly was going insane.

"Lacey? Please wake up for me, princess. I can't lose you." The voice called again, pleading. I felt someone place their hands on my shoulders, shaking me tenderly.

The deep voice kept calling out my name, dozens and dozens of times. The shaking of my shoulders got slightly rougher, as I felt a drop of warmth fall onto my cheek- but it wasn't mine.

That seemed to spark my curiosity, as I peeled my eyes open, only to see bright lights blur my eyes.

I blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the new surrounding. I then saw a worried face a few feet away from me, known as Xavier's. Oh my god, it was Xavier.

I desperately tried to shoot out of the white bed I was in, so I could touch him. I needed a sense of comfort. I needed him. I needed to get out of this nightmare that was taking place in my head.

I heard worried and angry yells directed towards me, but I blocked them out when I ripped the IVS that were pricking into my bony wrist.

I desperately clawed at Xavier's shirt, feeling warm tears cascade down my face and into his chest as I noticed that he was whispering soothing words into my ears, raking his fingers through my hair while he cradled me into his chest.

I didn't care want others were saying around me. All I cared about was being held in my mates large, comforting arms while I sobbed. He was here.

But my nightmare still wandered my head.

---
Xavier's POV coming up today! keep voting please, it means so much:)
hugs and kittens,
-Corinne