chapter 12

Xavier

I woke up to no little body known as Lacey's curled up to me. Instead, I was in bed alone.

My heart pace quickened as I shot out of bed. Where could she be? Negative thoughts sparked through me when I thought about all of the possibilities.

How could I not of noticed her leaving?

I reached the bottom of the staircase, sighing in relief when I smelt my beauty in the kitchen, mixed with the scent of pancakes and bacon.

Her and Charlotte were cooking breakfast, swaying their hips playfully to a song that I had never heard before. I felt lust overtake my wolf as my mate danced while laughing.

I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her curvy waist.

"You scared me, princess." I said, my husky morning voice coming to action.

"Sorry, baby. I didn't want to wake you up, you looked so tired." Lacey said quietly, her eyes showing innocence as she pressed a chaste kiss on my stubbled cheek.

My mate looked absolutely stunning with her dirty blonde hair in a messy pony tail, silk pajama pants and an oversized sweater.

"Charlotte." I said while looking at her, nodding my head.

"Good morning, Alpha." She replied happily while getting back to work.

I frowned at the sight of my mate working, and reminded her to be careful when she was dicing tomatoes-- I didn't want her to cut her delicate fingers.

I noticed my Beta, Bryce and my third in command, Jackson burst through the door just seconds later, being loud and obnoxious while doing so.

My mate grabbed my hand, I'm assuming for a sense of comfort when I heard her heart beat quicken. I gave her a gentle squeeze of assurance, reminding her through our link that Bryce and Jackson meant no harm.

Lacey noticeably stiffened when she saw Bryce, pain, confusion and fear flashing in her eyes. What's wrong?

'What's wrong, baby?' I asked her through our link. She didn't respond, instead she continued to stare at Bryce.

I looked at Bryce with confusion, trying to figure out why she was acting this way. However, he didn't look my way at all, and I noticed that he was staring at Lacey too.

"Lacey?" Bryce said while walking over to my mate, hesitantly. I kept a hand on her thigh, as she slightly cowered back away from him.

Understanding that Lacey was obviously scared, a growl escaped from my lips as he tried to get closer to her. I stood slightly infront of her, my wolf whining when she gripped at me shirt. She didn't deserve to feel this way.

"What do you need, Bryce? Why is she getting scared. Tell me now, or else." I growled lowly, my wolf coming out.

Lacey

I woke up in Xavier's warm arms yet again this morning, and I sighed in contentment.  Hope I would get to wake up like this every morning for the rest of my life.

I lifted my head from Xavier's comforting chest, so I was looking directly at his face. My heart swelled in as I took in his pure beauty, he was so perfect in my eyes.

His long, dark eyelashes laid against his chiseled cheekbones. He had a slight stubble growing on his strong, squared jaw. He had dark circles under his eyes, from constantly doing, "alpha work."

His dark, soft hair was messy, brushing against his forehead. I found myself dozing off into his warm, strong chest before I decided it was time to get up.

I cautiously shifted out of Xavier's strong arms, and let's just say it took a little bit longer than I thought it would.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I had finally gotten out of Xavier's strong grip without waking him up. He needed sleep after working so much.

I quickly slipped on a baby pink lace bra, a grey oversized sweater, while changing out of Xavier's boxers into a pair of baby blue silk pajama pants.

I walked down the long stair case into the kitchen, only to find Charlotte making breakfast. I had to hold a moan in when I smelt what she was cooking: blueberry pancakes, bacon, and eggs.

I started helping Charlotte make breakfast for the pack, dancing and laughing as we listened to Beyonce on the radio that was set up in the kitchen.

Charlottes baby bump was now visible, and she told me it only took 2 months for a woman to have gone through the entire pregnancy, then give birth. My jaw dropped in shock, how the hell is that possible...

I soon smelt Xavier's prominent, earthy scent as I felt strong arms wrap around me and someone rest their chin on the top of my head.

I knew right away that it was Xavier, from the pleasurable tingles I felt when he touched me.

"You scared me, princess." Xavier said, his husky morning voice making me shiver.

"Sorry, baby. I didn't want to wake you up, you looked so tired." I said quietly, while placing a brief kiss on his scratchy jaw.

I blushed slightly when I saw Xavier looking at me, with adoration and lust in his eyes.

"Charlotte." My mate nodded as he looked over at Charlotte, who was currently making another batch of pancakes to feed the pack. She look over, smiling at Xavier shyly.

"Good morning, Alpha." She smiled, before getting back to work.

Just a few seconds later, two very tall men burst through the door, their loud voices and footsteps echoing through the house.

I grabbed Xavier's hand, my heart beat quickening since I wasn't good with meeting new people.

As soon as I saw the man that looked exactly like me, I gulped. He had my eyes, and hair-- yet his was slightly darker. His voice was deep, as his laugh rumbled through his chest. He was tall, strong, and intimidating.

I tried to remember how I knew him, but I couldn't function. My mind was jumbled from just looking at him.

He was the man in the picture I wanted Xavier to get for me off of his desk, because he looked so familiar.

'What's wrong baby?' Xavier said, noticing my panic and confusion.

I ignored him, because I truly didn't know what was wrong.

"Lacey?" The man said from the picture said, slowly walking towards me with caution.

I felt Xavier move a large hand on my thigh, as I scooted slightly behind him, for reassured protection since I had no idea who this person was, except that he looked extremely familiar.

I whimpered slightly when a growl escaped from Xavier's lips, cowering behind him while I tugged at the back of his t-shirt.

"What do you need, Bryce? Why is she getting scared. Tell me now, or else." Xavier growled, threatening him.

I tried soothing Xavier by rubbing his back with shaky hands, since his wolf form was coming out from anger.

"Lacey... She's my s-sister." The man said, his eyes wide with shock.

~~~
almost 1k reads! IM CRYING I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH THANK U ALL FOR THE VOTES
kisses and baby cows,
-Corinne