chapter 7

Lacey

I woke up in strong, warm arms. I carefully turned over so that I was facing Xavier. I lingered on his features for a while, taking in his pure beauty that seemed to captivate my heart. Waking up this morning was unfamiliar to me. I felt safe, comfortable, and warm. For once in my life I didn't have to subconsciously run my fingers up and down my arms to keep me warm due to the lack of blankets I had in my room.

My heart beat quickened as I came to another realization: I've never been in a bed with a boy before, I thought.

"Good." Xavier said, startling me. His morning voice was husky and groggy. He fluttered his eyelashes opened, and for a second I admired how his long eyelashes framed his chiseled face.

"How do you do that?" I asked, nervously.

"Do what, Princess?" He asked, smirking at me.

"You read my mind. You knew what I was saying... Without me speaking a word. And it's not the first time you've done it either. How?" I asked, curiosity sparking in me.

He smiled, almost nervously and kissed my nose.

"You'll find out soon, sweetheart. I promise." He said, almost in a dismissing manner.

I frowned at his sparse response. This all was becoming really weird, really fast. With each day my gut was telling me to leave more and more, the feeling of the need to escape and become further away from my father festering deep inside of me like an old wound.

"Are you hungry Princess?" He smiled at me, brushing a hand through my hair.

I flinched at the sudden contact, not used to the feeling of human affection. I looked up to his eyes, which filled with pain. He was moving way too fast, but I was partially to blame. I was allowing him to do this, I was allowing myself to feel safe. I was as naïve as they came.

"I'm s-sorry." I said, running my shaky hand over his stubbled cheek. "I just have to get used to this..." I trailed off.

"This what?" Xavier asked rubbing a hesitant hand on my waist.

"This... Affection," I said. "No ones ever treated like this." I whispered to him, lifting myself from the bed.

He stood up swiftly behind me, grabbing my waist with his larger hands. "I'm glad that I can be your first, baby," He said gruffly. I blushed fiercely, knowing it had a double meaning.

"I'll be the only one that will ever touch you," Xavier whispered in my ear, biting at my earlobe as he ran his hands up my tummy and back gently, and every time he did this, it felt like the scars, the bruises didn't even exist.

I almost felt beautiful when he touched me with his rough, calloused hands. It was quite a foreign feeling to me, but it made my heart flutter and lurch simultaneously. Xavier swiftly lifted me into his strong arms as we walked downstairs into his kitchen.

As soon as we walked into the large, cream coloured room I noticed a man and a woman talking, in what seemed a flirtatious way.

"Oh my gosh!" A girl with bright red hair and chocolate eyes squealed as she ran up to me, pulling me to her in a bone crushing hug.

My hands hung limply at my sides for a few moments, confused by this girls actions.

"Easy, Charlotte. Don't scare her off now." The man said, coming up to her and prying her off me. The girl rolled her eyes, and directed her attention back towards me.

"I'm Charlotte Ross, a.k.a this dorks best friend." She said while ruffling Xavier's hair. I giggled. A part of me felt jealous, but I quickly shook it away.