chapter 29

Xavier

I woke up contently to soft kisses being peppered on my chest, along with some familiar giggles that made my heart melt. I peeled my eyes open, only to find Lacey snuggled into me. She looked up at me with her green, doe like eyes and smiled.

This is what I wanted to wake up to every morning.

"Goodmorning baby." I whispered, my voice husky from sleep while I kissed her forehead. She hummed in response, her rosy lips curving beautifully at the nickname.

"You need to get up, you have a lot to do today Mister." Lacey said playfully, smirking. "Five more minutes." I groaned in response, not ever wanting to leave the comfortable bed along with Lacey's bare body in it.

"Nope, c'mon." Lacey said while engulfing her tiny hand in mine. She tried sitting up, making her whimper in pain. My wolf whined, sad that our mate was sore from last night. I needed to remind myself to constantly be gentle no matter what, she was so tiny and delicate.

I quickly rushed to her side, placing one arm on her bare back and the beneath her thighs. I tried to ignore her incredible body, which was now only being covered by a thin sheet as hard as it was.

"What do you need baby?" I said comfortingly, kissing the frown lines on her pain contorted face.

She wrapped her small arms around my neck before mumbling tiredly, "I need a shower." I nodded, purring in happiness when she let her head rest on my chest. Once we entered our bathroom, I took the soft sheet that was currently covering Lacey's delicious curves.

I instantly felt myself being turned on even more, taking in Lacey's beautiful face along with her body. My heart fluttered when I saw that her cheeks were flushed, and she held her hand out to me so I could join her in the shower.

I felt my teeth elongating at her beautiful innocence, grabbing her hand gently. The water was warm, and I instantly pulled Lacey's petite frame to mine- basking in the incredible feelings of her perky chest against mine.

I left damp kisses down her smooth skin, placing my hands on her bum. My eyes trailed down to the drain absentmindedly, cringing when I saw blood. I squeezed my eyes shut, my heart tugging as I thought about how I hurt my little mate unintentionally.

"I'm sorry, princess. I promise if I would've been able to take the pain away then I would." I said, pressing my face into her shoulder while embracing her tightly. Lacey rubbed her hands down my back, making my wolf purr.

"It's okay baby, it's not your fault. Last night was incredible, I wouldn't replace it for anything." She said shyly, sincerity lacing her soft voice. I smiled, before crushing my lips onto hers.

She quickly responded by standing up on her tippy toes, entangling her fingers in my hair. I groaned, loving the soft touch of her hands. I would never get tired of the feeling she gave me.

I washed her entire body, giving more attention to her round bum and chest for more time then I should've while she moaned. She returned the favour gladly, an adorable blush rising to her cheeks when I growled lowly at how she was teasing me, with her slow movements.

Unfortunately, our steamy shower session came to an ending. I wrapped my beautiful mate a fluffy towel, along with grabbing myself one.

"Xavier?" Lacey squeaked beside me. I looked down, smirking at her barely clothed body. "Mhm, baby?" I hummed back, drying off my hair. "Can I have some clothes? All my others are dirty, and yours are comfy." I nodded, a full grin spreading across my face. Seeing your girl in your clothing was possibly the best feeling ever.

I quickly hurried out of the bathroom, my towel still around my waist. I grabbed some of my smallest basketball shorts, and one of my lacrosse sweatshirts. Already smelling her sweet scent on my clothing made my wolf purr in contentment.

I walked back in the bathroom, only to find Lacey brushing through her long blonde locks that I had grown to love so much. "Thank you." She giggled, taking the clothing from my hands. "Of course kitten." I replied, before slipping on my clothes.

Lacey

I quickly slipped on the clothing Xavier had given me just moments before, trying to ignore his lustful yet adoration filled gaze as he stared a every inch of me. I didn't shy away, though. A part of it made me feel beautiful, for some reason.

Once I had his clothes on, I looked up. "How did I get so lucky?" Xavier mumbled to himself. My wolf purred in happiness, and my heart felt as if it were melting. If anyone was lucky, it'd be me.

I giggled, my skin still flushed from both the hot water and Xavier's words. I walked over and lifted my arms like a child so he would carry me back to bed, pouting. He smirked, then lifted me into his strong arms. I immediately sighed in contentment, wrapping my legs around his torso. I breathed in his scent deeply, making me close my tired eyes so I could enjoy his comforting scent.

Xavier then laid me on the bed softly. I frowned when he peeled my arms from him with an apologetic look on his face. "Why are you leaving?" I asked softly. "I have a meeting to go to today, kitten, I need to talk to the Black Crescent pack about some things, since they're are allie. And I need you to rest today. I'll be back tonight." He responded, kissing my forehead.

I sighed, then pressed my lips to his- he tasted like mint. I bit his lip playfully, making him growl. "If you keep that up, I won't be able to go anywhere today princess." I giggled then smacked his butt when he walked out of the room after getting dressed.

Just after a few moments of me dozing off again, my stomach grumbled with hunger. I groaned, not wanting to leave the cloud- like bed before forcing my sore body to sit up. I stood up, shivering when the cold hit me before walking down into the living room.

"Lacey!" I heard a familiar voice squeal, before I was being crushed in a bear hug.

Charlotte.

"Oh my god! Congratulations!" She squealed just like when I first met her, before jumping up and down. My eyes widened at her now large baby bump, as I remembered that she was due this month. "What do you mean?" I asked, arching a brow.

"You mated with Xavier! Oh my god. Are there going to be mini Lacey's and Xavier's running around the house soon? I hope there will be. Your children are going to be so beautiful, oh my god." She said dreamily.

My felt face as if we're on fire. How did she know?

"Your scent is mixed with Xavier's now, silly." She laughed, while poking my stomach. "Oh." I mumbled, fumbling with my hands. Great, now everyone will know. I felt Charlotte dragging me into the kitchen, making me chuckle at how hyper she was.

"Will you help me make the pack dinner? I have a lot to do." She asked politely. I nodded, glad to help her an any way.

We ended up cooking lasagna, one of her favorites. We kept the conversation light, discussing baby names for Charlottes baby on the way. I couldn't wait for the baby, and I knew the pack couldn't either.

"One second, I'm just going to run to the bathroom." I said, before Charlotte nodded and got back to work. Once I reached the bathroom, I pulled my hair up and looked at my neck. I blushed at all the lovebites that Xavier had given me. I guess I couldn't wear my hair up for a while...

All of a sudden, the shower curtain moved slightly. My heart stopped, as I turned around. I didn't even have time to react, before a cloth went over my mouth.

Then, everything went black.

---
18k reads?! That's insane. Thank you so much :) 5 comments and 10 votes for the next chapter. By the way, if any of you made a new cover for this book it would be gladly appreciated. Just message me!
Much love,
-Corinne