chapter 10

Xavier

Currently, I was laying in bed with my little mate curled up on my chest, watching Criminal Minds.

I had my hand on the curve of her tiny waist, and the other hand was engulfed with Lacey's little one. My wolf purred whenever Lacey drew a pattern on my bare chest, loving the feeling of he skin against mine.

She looked so damn beautiful, with or without makeup. Her skin was creamy and soft, and her long, doll- like eyelashes made her look ever more innocent then she already was.

With each passing day, it was getting harder and harder to resist my little beauty. She had gained a few pounds, finally bringing her to a healthy weight. I knew she was still self- conscious, but I didn't know why she cared so much about every little detail on her body.

I loved everything about her- every flaw, every curve and dip. She was so beautiful in my eyes, and I could tell other girls envied her in the pack.

I could tell Lacey was struggling to resist me, also. When we kissed, it was almost like her soft lips were begging for more, wanting more-- yet I knew she was too shy to admit it.

However, I would wait until she was ready for that. I know it would take her a little more time, because she's been through more in her 17 years of living than most people have been through in their entire life.

My heart clenched, thinking about what he did to her for years and years, but I quickly shook the thoughts away.

Whenever I asked where her father lived, so I could kill that son of a bitch, she dismissed me with ease.

"How old are you?" She asked, while she played with my fingers.

"Old." I responded gruffly.

"How old?" She giggled.

"24, unfortunately." I sighed, kissing her forehead. She giggled, before poking my stubbled cheek softly.

"Yeah, you are kinda old." I placed a hand over my heart and made a dramatic facial expression, acting as if I were hurt. This earned another round of melodic giggles erupt from Lacey's chest, making my wolf purr.

"I want to know more about this whole werewolf thing, I'm still confused-- if that's okay with you." Lacey said, breaking the silence after a few moments.

"What do you want to know, beautiful?" I replied, nipping playfully at her earlobe.

"How did you become a werewolf?" My little mate asked me, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"No ones really sure how you become a werewolf, but some say it was a science experiment gone wrong back then. If your parents are wolf, then you would most likely gain the wolf gene, too."

"When do transform? Like at what age?" She asked, still gazing into my eyes.

"16 is the normal age. You find your mate when you're 18, usually. But sometimes, people never find their mate." I felt sadness wash over me as I thought about if I never found Lacey.

"That sucks." Lacey frowned.

We continued watching the telly, occasionally sharing pecks on the lips, or Lacey playing with my long fingers.

We both started to doze off in each others arms, Lacey's short legs intertwined with mine. Her heartbeat was a lullaby to my ears, as I raked my fingers softly to her dirty blonde locks.

"Goodnight, Xavier." Lacey said, already half asleep.

"Good night, babygirl." I replied, gently kissing the crown of her head.