chapter 25

Lacey

No, dear god this can't be happening. Not now, not ever. I need Xavier, I need him. He's all I care about.

I started to shake with fear once Xavier snatched the letter out of my hands, his eyes already gold from anger.

I felt warm tears cascade down my face from all of the anger, stress and sadness built up.

Why me?

I buried my head in my hands, harshly pulling at my knotty hair while letting a sob escape from my lips.

I heard Xavier's bones crack, and he shifted from anger. He kept growling, knocking down everything in his pathway to let his feelings out.

I winced when a lamp shattered. Xavier's long claws tore against the wall, and he rammed into his desk- causing all of the things on it to slide off as soon as it broke.

My heart beat quickened even more, backing up even further against the bed board until I hit my head. I continued to sob, sadness filling all of me when I felt the strong urge to hurt myself again.

The loud noises from Xavier's destruction of our room stopped, and all I heard was silence. I heard a small whimper echo in the room. I looked up, my eyes tired from all the crying I had been doing.

Xavier's large wolf let out another whimper, this time louder before his large frame hesitantly moved towards mine. He kept his movements slow, making sure I wasn't scared before nudging my neck gently with his wet nose.

I felt a long, wet lick across my cheek and Xavier's head being rested on my lap. He looked up at me with his big, baby blue eyes and nuzzled his nose into my neck, then tummy.

I watched him weakly, before reaching my hand out to comb through his soft black fur that I grown to love so much. I felt my eyes well up with salty tears as I rested my head against the wall, trying to soothe my nerves.

Before I was even done blinking, I felt myself being cradled in Xavier's strong arms. He held me from behind, placing his hands on my tummy and his face in the crook of my neck.

At this point, the tears started to trail down my face again as I sobbed in Xavier's comforting arms. He turned me over and looked down at me with sad eyes. I straddled his hips, pulling him closer to me and breathing in his earthy yet inviting scent.

I soon stopped crying, then felt Xavier lift my chin gently so that I was directly looking into his blue- grey eyes.

"He's not going to hurt you, baby. I won't let him." Xavier growled in anger, his fists clenching. I believed him, of course I did. I was scared that he was going to get hurt, or any of the pack members.

It would be completely my fault if one of them died, and I don't think I would be able to live with myself if something like that happened.

Xavier kept whispering soothing words to me and holding me so that I was pressed against him- like he always did when I was upset.

Small hiccups soon replaced my tears, gripping at the soft white cotton of Xavier's shirt. My eyes felt heavy as I cuddled into Xavier's warmth before drifting off to sleep.

---
Sorry, it's short but a filler ;) probably updating later today. Thank you so much for 9k reads! That's insane.
-Corinne