★𝚘𝚗𝚎★

Flashes of bright lights passed over your eyes, making you squeeze them close before blinking them open. The ceiling above you was moving quickly, making you confused. You turned your head weakly, your e/c eyes settling on the people in scrubs yelling out commands. You couldn't hear them properly; your ears were ringing and it felt like you were underwater. Your eyes began to droop, and it was getting harder to keep them open as you got colder. The last thing you heard sounded clear to you.

"We're losing her!"

You opened your eyes to a blank room. You sat up, looking around. You were in a solid white room with nothing inside. There was no door, just you, sitting on the floor in the middle of the boxed-in room. Standing to your feet, you looked down to see you were wearing a white hospital gown and your body was littered with small scars. You walked around the room, running your hands along the walls, looking for something to allow you to escape

You paced around the room, frowning and becoming annoyed. You were stuck. There was no secret switch, no hidden hatch, no nothing. You sighed deeply, irritation evident on your face. 

Where the hell even were you?

You don't remember falling asleep in this room, or anything close to it. The last time you check you were....wait....what were you doing? When you tried to think about it, it was like your mind was clouded. What the hell?

What the hell was going on?!

Suddenly, light poured in from behind you. You spun around, thinking a door you had possibly missed had opened. You frowned, eyebrows furrowed together and confusion quickly spread over your features. A screen? Was that you and...who was that? You definitely knew it was you, you were a little younger, but it sure was you; the boy looked so familiar to you, yet you couldn't think of his name. You watched as you ran away from him, laughter leaving your lips as you ran down a crowded street towards a park. The boy smiled as he ran after you, calling your name out and telling you to slow down. 

"You're supposed to be in track!" You yelled over your shoulder. "You can keep up!"

You ran around a corner, hiding behind a tree while you waited for him to run past. When you heard his steps slow and his heavy breathing, you pounced. Your arms wrapped around his neck as you both fell to the ground. 

Both of your laughter echoed in the air as he held your waist, your arms still around his neck. After you two calmed down and you rolled off him, laying in the grass and staring up at the clouds. You pointed out shapes and figures in the white puffs, occasionally laughing when the boy would make a joke. 

"Hey, Y/n," You turned your head, a smile still on your face as you looked at the boy beside you. "You know that you're my best friend right?"

"Yeah! And your mine!" You replied, your eyes lighting up as your face brightened.

"I hope we stay friends forever." He said quietly. 

"Me too," You sighed happily, looking back up at the clouds. 

For some odd reason, you couldn't see his face. It was like it was blurred out, or smeared away. You couldn't make out his feature and the only thing you could see was the black school uniform he wore. 

"He looks familiar, no?" You spun around, facing the man who had spoken to you. Your eyes landed on a man with blonde hair and shining, vivid green eyes. He wore a bandanna and had a small smile on his face. He spoke with an accent, possibly Italian, and was just pure beautiful as a man. 

"Wh-who are you?" You asked.

"Apologizes. How rude of me. My name is Caesar Zeppeli." He did a small bow, eyes looking up at you and sending a shiver down your spine. Not in a bad way. "Do you understand where you are yet?"

You shook your head. "No, I don't. I'm so confused. What is this place? And where did you come from?" Questions poured from your lips, wanting to know the answer to everything that was happening. Caesar chuckled and shook his head. 

"One question at a time, cara. I can only answer what I know." He said. "If you have not figured it out yet, then I cannot tell you. Once you figure out what is happening, I'll be glad to answer every question you have."

"How am I supposed to find out?" You asked, desperation in your tone. "I don't know what's happening! Why am I seeing my past? I-" You stopped yourself, realization settling in. 

"I'm dead, aren't I?"

Caesar paused before tilting his hand side to side as if saying so-so.

"What does that mean? Am I dead or not?"

"You are currently on the verge of death. Your brain has stopped functioning, but your soul hasn't left your body. You are clinging to the Earth without realizing it." He said softly.

"Am I in Heaven? Hell?" You asked, eyes looking down at your feet as you processed this all. 

"Neither." He responded, placing his hands on his hips. "This is a place of decision. Here you will decide if you wish to continue on in your life or, join me in Heaven." 

You were quiet for a moment. You looked up at the blonde man, your eyes glossy, and swallowed the lump in your throat. "What should I do?"

"That's for you to decide. I cannot make that choice for you." He said, gently placing a hand on your shoulder.

You wiped at your eyes. 

"What did you do?" You asked quietly.

"I wasn't given the choice." He squeezed your shoulder. "I accepted my death while I was still on Earth. I made the choice that I would die to save my best friend. I was aware that I wouldn't see him again until he was brought here himself, yet I still died knowing that I would be saving another life." 

You cast your eyes away from the man, turning to face the screen that played images. "Is....is this my life..? Why can't I-I remember?"

"It takes a little while for your mind to process the situation and for you to regain your memories. Watching the screen helps with you remembering. For now, I suggest you let your memories before immediately making a decision." He advised, his hand falling from your shoulder. 

"Caesar," You said, turning once more to face him. "Will I be alone?"

He smiled. "No," He ruffled your hair. "I'll be here with you until you make your decision."