★𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎★

"Are you familiar with the term, 'to kill a mockingbird'?" Dio asked, grinning maliciously down at you.

"You bastard." You whispered.

"Have you?" He asked, kneeling down beside you. His hand grabbed the back of your neck, making you tense up from the feeling of his nails poking your skin.

"Y-yes." You said.

"And do you know what it means to kill a mockingbird?" He purrs, his voice directly in your ear. You swallowed the lump forming in your throat before giving a single nod. "Then what does it mean? You must use your words, Y/n."

"M-mockingbirds are a symbol of i-innocence. To kill one is destroying innocence. They only sing songs for people to enjoy but they sing their hearts out. T-thats why its a s-sin to kill one." You said in a quiet, shaking voice.

"Six lives are laid out in front of you. Who is your mockingbird?"

"I won't choose." You said, closing your eyes. You refused to open them, even as Dio seized your jaw, digging his nails into your neck slightly.

"Pick. A. Card."

"No." You yelped in pain as your eyes shot open. Dio had sunk his nails into your throat. "I-I'm not p-picking s-someone t-t-to die!" You choked out. You grabbed his wrist and kicked your leg up, catching him off guard and knocked him back. His other hand raised and you grunted in pain as his nails cut under your eye. As soon as Dio was knocked back, your image flickered. You hadn't even thought about where you were going, so it wasn't a surprise when you landed on the top of the stairs. Dio flashed in front of you and you took a step back, loosing your footing and falling down the stairs. You gasped once you hit the bottom, wincing and grabbing your side. You landed on your back, trying to regain the breath that was knocked away from you. Dio stood at the top of the stairs, making no move to come down. You were confused as to why he wasn't coming after you until you realized that it was still daylight and the sun was beating straight down at you.

You held your middle finger up. "Take that you crusty vampire bitch." You panted, taking a second to regain yourself. You grunted as you got to your feet and pulled your stand out. "To answer your question, Dio."

"You made a decision?" He asked, voice echoing around you.

"Yeah." You said. Atlantis stood beside you with his arms over his chest as you stuffed your hands into your pockets.

"And?"

"You see, I like to bullshit my way through things. So here's my bullshit answer." You said, squaring your shoulders up. You ignored the blood running down your cheek from the cut he gave you. Your eyes had darkened and your demeanor changed.

"Ill be the mockingbird. So take this as my answer," You pulled a card from your pocket, flipping it over to show the card face. It was an Ace of Diamonds. "This is my life. Do what you want with it. Just dont touch my friends again."

You flung the card in the air, your image flickering as it floated to the ground. You immediately started running as soon as your feet touched the ground in a new location.

"Find them now!" You told your stand. His image started flickering, flashing all around you so fast you had to avert your eyes so you didn't get nauseous. The scenery around you changed and you found yourself outside. You could see the flash of red and silver hair. Skidding around the corner, you almost fell if you hadn't scrapped your shoes on the concrete.

"Hey!" You barked, making them turn to you. A look of shock passed over their faces.

"Y/n!" Kakyoin yelled, running to you. He grabbed your face and moved your head side to side. "What the hell happened?!"

"I fell down the stairs," You said, removing his hands. "Listen to me. I outsmarted Dio and he's going to try and kill me first now. Whatever happens, stay away from me when he's around."

"Are you fucking crazy?! We aren't gonna leave you alone when he's going to kill you!" Jotaro snapped, shoving Kakyoin away. He grabbed the collar of your sweatshirt and yanked you closer. "What the fuck are you even thinking you crazy bitch?!"

"I'm not crazy Jotaro." You said, a smirk crawling in your face. "I'm fucking insane. And I have a fucking insane plan. It may or may not work, and I may or may not die. But I do know that all of you will survive for sure so I really don't care."

"How can you not care if you live or die?!" Polnareff yelled.

"Because I don't care about myself. My only concern is making sure all of you stay alive. I've seen two of you already die. It was fucking horrifying. I'm sure as hell not letting it happen. I know what Dio's stand is. I know what I'm capable of doing. I know more about his mind than any of you do. I have a plan to save you. I have a plan to kill Dio. So stop worrying about me and fucking worry about yourself. I can't guarantee that any of this is even going to work. I'm taking risks. I'm testing theories. I'm doing what I do best." You said, glaring up at the 6'5 teen who held your sweater.

"Y/n..you.." Polnareff said in shock.

"Y/n's the smartest out of all of us. She's thought all this out. Haven't you?" Avdol said, glancing at you with concerned, yet trusting eyes. You nodded.

"Just please trust me." You said, turning back to Jotaro and Kakyoin with a serious frown. "I have everything planned out. So please? Put your trust in me?"

They both stared at you with uneasy eyes. You gasped as Jotaro pressed his lips against yours. You relaxed. As soon as you were released, Kakyoin grabbed you and pulled you into his chest. You held onto his gakuran tightly.

"Say you won't die." He said, pulling away and cupping your face. "Tell us you won't let yourself die."

"Promise us, Buttercup." Jotaro said. You bit the inside of your cheek.

"Fine. I promise I won't die. But you guys have to hold up your ends of the deal." You said, taking a step back and putting your hands on your hips.

"Deal," They replied.

"Good. Now let's get set up. We have fifteen minutes before the sun sets and Dio comes out of the mansion."

...

"You sure this is gonna work?" Mr. Joestar asked. You nodded and finished tying the bandages on your side.

"Dio doesn't know I have this," You said, reaching into your pocket and pulling out the photo of Jonathan.

You knocked Dio back and your image started to flicker. You learned that Atlantis could create that image with his speed. So while that was happening, you grabbed the photo from the mantel and tucked it into your waistband. When you fell down the stairs, it shattered but the sound had been muffled. You played it off by having Atlantis place a card into your pocket.

"For all the knows, it's still sitting on his fireplace." You said, standing back up.

"What makes you think he'll even care about it?" Polnareff asked, frowning at you. "Its a picture."

"From what I've gathered, he wanted Jonathan dead because he was power hungry. But once he died, he realized what he had done. They were raised as step-brothers so Dio practially killed his brother. He also tried killing me when I dropped it the first time." You explained, watching as the sun set below the final building. "Alright. Times up. Everyone ready?"

"Y/n." Kakyoin said softly. You walked towards him and Jotaro. "Please. Come back to us in one piece." They both put a hand on your cheek. You raised both of yours to hold theirs. You smiled at them before you started backing away. Before you turned away, you said something that left them both in shock.

"Byōki wa son'nani kantan ni sagaru to wa omowanaide kudasai. Baka."

"Don't think I'll go down so easily. Idiots."

You were out of time. Now, you were finally going to face Dio, and you were going to kill him.