★𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢★

You shot up, eyes wide as a startled scream left your lips. You were covered in sweat, you were shaking and breathing heavily.

"Y/n!" You slowly looked over at the others, who were gathered on the other side of the room, gathered as if they had been discussing something beforehand. Your eyes were the size of saucers and you had tears streaming down your face.

"Are you okay?" Jotaro asked, making you look at him. As soon as you did, the image of his lifeless eyes passed over your face, making your stomach swirl. The image just kept flashing over your mind until the point that you began to hyperventilate. "Y/n!" He yelled, standing up. You felt your stomach churn.

You sprang out of bed and ran to the bathroom, immediately emptying the contents into the toilet.

It was a dream.

It was all just a dream.

None of it was real.

You had to keep telling yourself that.

Jotaro ran in after you, immediately dropping beside you and gathered your hair behind you. Kakyoin entered, concern plastered on his face as he grabbed a rag and handed it to Jotaro, you wiped your mouth. You turned to him, grabbing his face and staring into his eyes. They were brightened, his pupils expanding as he looked at you.

"S-sorry," You whispered, dropping your hands into your lap. "I...just had to make sure." Kakyoin looked down at you, then at Jotaro. He left silently, closing the door behind him softly.

"What the hell happened?" Jotaro asked. He fixed himself to where he was sitting crossed legged, leaning against the wall.

"You're not going to die, right?" You asked, looking at him with pleading eyes. His face twisted into shock and confusion. "Jotaro," You said, grabbing his face, your lip quivering. "P-promise me that you aren't going to die."

"Im not gonna die, Buttercup," Jotaro said gently, making your eyes widen as he grabbed your hips and forced you into his lap. "I promise." You wrapped your arms and legs around him, burying your face into his chest.

He held you as you explained your dream, and even what has happened with your stand. Everything has caught up with you, and even though you weren't one to bust under pressure, this had gotten to you. It seemed so real, and that's what terrified you.

You were able to see into the future before. You had saw the user of Wheel Of Fortune before he ever started his attack on you and the others. What if your dream was the same way? Would you see that all again in the future? Was it going to happen? Or was it just a bad dream? Either way, it still mortified you that you even had to see that. The thought of Jotaro dying was practically unbearable. What the hell would you do without him? Jotaro was always there. The mere quick thought that he might not be there made you tear up and hold onto him tighter.

If Jotaro was gone, who would walk to school with you? Who would sweep in and help you finish fights with the thugs that picked on you? Who would stay up with you and read with you in the library? Who would be there to hit you over the head and remind you to do your homework? Who would make fun of you because you couldn't fix your backpack strap?

Without even realizing it, Jotaro's sooting motions were slowly lulling you to sleep. It also reminded you that he was here, alive and well as he held you while you began to calm down. He was okay. He wasn't dead. He was here. Not on that street.

It was okay.

...

"Damn," You whispered, sitting back and raked a hand through your hair. You looked over at the blonde man who was watching with you.

"Damn indeed," Caesar said, straightening his posture. "Do you always overthink like that, tesoro?" He asked as you stood up and stretched.

"Apparently so," You responded, walking over and taking the seat across from him. You sighed and ran a hand over your face.

"Something on your mind?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually," You said. "Why did I have that dream? Was it actually because my stand was showing me the future, or was it just a bad dream?" You groaned in aggravation, grabbing your hair. "I'm so confused!"

"You will be," Caesar sighed, crossing his arms. "And unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do. Your knowledge here, is the same knowledge you had when you lived through it." He said.

"This is stupid," You mumbled. "Why couldn't I be smarter?" Caesar chuckled at this.

"Just relax, Y/n. Getting worked up over this won't help anything," He said. You nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you're right..It's just very frustrating."

"That it is," He said.

"Was it like this for you?" You asked, making him look at you strangely. "I mean was it confusing to you, when you died?"

"Like I said before," He said. "I accepted my fate while I was still alive, so I wasn't exactly confused as to what happened, like you are." He said.

"Hmm." You said, propping your head on your hand. A million thoughts were swirling around your mind, and it was becoming overwhelming to even think.

"What was it like?" You asked suddenly. "When you were alive, what was it like in Italy? And what about Mr. Joestar?"

Caesar grinned. You listened to what Caesar told you, about how he and Mr. Joestar would get into small scuffles all the time, and how fun it was to mess with him about Suzi Q or about his Hamon training mask. He went on to tell you about what Italy was like when he was young, and you couldn't help but imagine yourself there.

Listening to him tell you about his old life was only a distraction to get away from the devastating thoughts in your mind, and both of you knew it.

Maybe...just maybe...things would turn out better than it seemed.