★𝚜𝚒𝚡★

When you awoke, you changed into your school uniform and folded the blankets up, placing them in the small closet where they came from. You brushed your h/l h/c hair, letting the soft strands flow over your fingers before putting it up into a ponytail (sorry if you have short hair). You exited the living room before hearing Avdol's voice call out for Holly. Worry filled you as you ran into the kitchen where you saw her on the ground, Avdol beside her while checking her over. 

"What happened?" You asked, coming further into the room.

"I-I believe Ms. Holly is being affected by a stand." Your face went pale as you looked at her feverish figure. "There isn't a way that she couldn't be affected, however. She is a part of the Joestar bloodline so it would only make sense for her to be affected by Dio's curse."

"..aren't stand controlled by a person's mental strength?" You asked him, recalling what he told you last night. "Seiko is a gentle and peaceful woman,"

"She lacks the strength to withstand Dio's force," Avdol said quietly. "That's why her stand is moving against her and harming her! At this rate...she'll be killed by the curse. She'll die!"
Your expression turned into one of pain as you gently took the woman in your arms, brushing the strands of blonde hair away from her face. 

"A s-stand...on Holly?" You turned your gaze to the doorway where Jotaro and Mr. Joestar stood, a pained expression also clear on her father's face. Jotaro let out a small tch, that was filled with emotion. Only you could determine that it was though. You gasped when Jotaro was slammed against the wall by his grandfather. "This is what I feared the most! I knew that if she ever got a stand, then she wouldn't be able to withstand the curse! Her fighting spirit isn't strong enough!"

"Tell me how the hell we deal with this." Jotaro shoved his grandfather away with a calm tone, yet his eyes burned with anger. 

"There's only one way we can save her. And that is to kill Dio and overturn the curse!"

..

You sat beside the woman, dipping a cloth into cool water and ringing it out before placing it on her forehead. The men were talking beside you, trying to figure out a way to find the wretched man. "No matter how many times I try it, Dio hides in the darkness. Every spirit photo I take of him is always engulfed in darkness!" You flicked your eyes to the pile of photos the men had gone through. 

"We've tried multiple means to try and analyze them, but it's just too dark to see anything to give his location away!" Avdol sighed, gripping a polaroid in his fingers. 

".....jotaro," Your quiet voice startled each of them, considering that they had forgotten you were even in the room. "Your stand has extreme precision? Use it to look for something in the photos." He looked down at you. Your hair was fallen from the ponytail it had been in, the strands covering your face as you took care of his mother. He reached for the photo in Avdol's hands and he happily obliged by giving it to the teenager. 

"Y/n's right. I'll use my stand to see in the darkness, or whatever the hell it is." Jotaro took a pad and a pencil and opened the cover. "If my Stand sees anything, he can use this pad and pencil to sketch it out. " His stand appeared beside him, photo in one hand and the pencil in the other as Jotaro held the notebook. His stand's hand began rapidly moving as he quickly sketched out the image of a fly. 

You tuned out the rest of the conversation after Avdol went to the library to try and find the fly. You looked down before relief washed over your face. "Seiko," You said softly, gaining both Mr. Joestar's and Jotaro's attention. 

"Y/n..Papa I-" Her father quickly silenced her as you took the cloth from her forehead and dipped it in the water. 

"Just rest. Jotaro, would you get some water?" The teen left the room and came back with a glass filled with water. 

"Thank you, Jotaro," Seiko said, bringing the glass to her lips and drinking it quickly. Her smile lit up her features as she looked at the three of you. "I wonder what's wrong with me...I just can't believe that I passed out from a fever! But.." Your eyes caught sight of her stand moving behind her. Your chest tightened and a burning feeling rose into your stomach as you imagined something terrible happening to the gentle woman.

You sat back and watched as her father took care of her, brushing her teeth like she was a child, and just all-around pampering her. A small smile crawled onto your face when she asked Mr. Joestar to help change her panties as a joke and the beet red color that crawled over his face. 

"Now then, what would you three like for dinner?"

"You should rest,"
"No, no it's alright!"
"Don't move! Just stay in bed!"

You all turned at the sound of Jotaro's yelling. Quickly he added, "I-I'm saying that you shouldn't move around or do anything until your fever breaks. Just shut up and get better, will you?" Your eyes softened as the burly teen expressed his concern for his mother. 

"I suppose Jotaro is right. Everyone is so nice when I'm sick. Maybe it's not so bad to have a cold once in a while." Her body relaxed as she passed out once more. 

It wasn't a cold. It was far worse. It was a parasite. A parasite that was eating her away, slowly draining her energy until there was nothing left. Holly was dying. And she knew it. She was just putting a smile in order for every to not worry. She knew about her stand. 

"Mr. Joestar, I've found it!" Avdol ran into the room, flipping open the encyclopedia to the page of a fly. 

"In Egypt?" Mr. Joestar said in shock. 

"I've narrowed it down to the Aswan area! That's where Dio is!" Avdol replied.

"So, it is Egypt," You looked up to see Kakyoin entering the room. 

"It would make sense," You said, making all eyes turn to you. You dipped the cloth in the water before wringing it out. "Dio was spotted by Avdol there four months ago."

"And the flesh bud was planted on me when I went there on vacation with my family three months ago. I met Dio while visiting the Nile,"

"So it appears that Dio doesn't want to leave Egypt," Avdol said. 

"When do you plan to leave? I'll go with you," Kakyoin placed a hand on his heart.

"Go with us? Why would you want to do that?" Jotaro asked the question that swirled in each of your minds. 

"...I'm not sure. I'm not sure about why I want to suddenly join you either." He placed a finger on the bandages across his forehead. "It's like I've regained my senses. I want to help."

You stood up after placing the cloth back on Holly's head. "I'm going too,"

"Y/n-"

"Just shut up dammit!" You snapped at your friend. He was taken aback by the burning hatred in your eyes. "I will not sit idly by while the woman who has treated me like her own child dies in front of me! And I sure as hell am not letting you, of all people, go on a trip as dangerous as this one without someone who can help. I have a stand, I can protect myself."

"It isn't your fight." Jotaro glared harshly at you, facing you. You were so close your noses almost touched. 

"It became my fight as soon as Holly got dragged into it."