Chapter 1 The revival of the Mantis

No one POV

(Author: This will take place in Metal Gear Solid 4 where Psycho Mantis is in spiritual after Snake defeats the woman Screaming Mantis)

Psycho Mantis: "YES! HAHAHAHAAA! VIBRATION IS BAAACK!" Mantis cried ecstatically, seeing Snake's physical reaction to moving the controller.

As this happen as Snake looks at Mantis whose trying to have his rematch with him, but suddenly Psycho let out a scream of pain!

Psycho Mantis: "AAAUUUHGG! G-GRRAAAHHHRRRAAAGH!(mind): Wh-what is this!? what's happening!?" He cried, feeling his power over the abandoned armor waver under this strange force.

Mantis trying to find what's happening, but nothing came into his mind... until... a voice was heard..

There you are...

To this new voice Mantis started to look around to find who voice belong to, but the thing about this voice is that... it was in perfect Russian. Mantis knew that he need to keep everything under control to not lose his own spirit. But, back to the voice it completely had no accent from other nations, and was perfectly understood by him. Mantis started to looks around and see the person that spoke... it looked like a deathly pale, tall man peering down from the railing above him wearing a black-hooded coat that obscured his hair and shaded his forehead, clear glasses that somehow covered his eyes from view, and a few pieces of military gear that seem outdated. Somehow, his appearance seemed familiar to him despite having never met this man in his life.

??: "My, my... you hold quite a bit of power.... and yet so much suffering... such sadness." The deatjly pale man commented in his mind in Russian again, gazing down at him and from this view Mantis knew that the strange source is coming from him.

As this conversation kept going Snake whose been watching this is complete confused at this point of time.

??: "Hmph,, you're quite the fighter, aren't you? very knowledgeable in the works of war and combat. Unlike her that is simply... sad... so sad." He said as he looks at the women who suffers from a PTSD then back to Mantis.

It was at this moment Mantis looks at the pale man and notice under the dark hood also under his glasses... sorrowful eyes!?

Psycho Mantis: Wait...*takes a minute to see who the perfect Russian man with sorrowful eyes* No... it can't.. be.... THE SORROW!?" Mantis said in disbelief.

The Sorrow(grins): "As in the spirit Medium Soldier of the Cobra Unit? indeed I am. What about you? I've heard plenty about you from many of your past kills; you must be Psycho Mantis... or is it Third Boy?"

Psycho Mantis(angry): "Nobody calls me that anymore, old ghost!? why are you here!? whar are you doing to me.... to my spirit!?" Mantis said in rage about being recognized and what he is doing to him.

The Sorrow: "You're dead you have no place in this world, spirit, and haven't had one for nearly ten years now.. and yet. You've not moved on despite having no ties left to the mortal realm." The Sorrow stated to Mantis as he outstretched his arm and slowly made his hand to a fist. Once he did Mantis cringed to his soul and now finding trouble speaking.

Psycho Mantis: "S-so.. what? am I supposed to wander this planet for all eternity in this world! what was the point of you coming here!? to humiliate me in front of my enemies!" He said in a demanding way with rage as now he need the answers for these questions.

The Sorrow: "Nonsense no one should be allowed to disrespect the dead least of all me, Mantis. But,... to answer your question, no... I cannot allow you or any spirit to roam this planet longer than the physical body has, and you're clearly long overdue to leave this world, Psycho Mantis. However, your case is quite.... unique."