Ch.5 Masumi Miragane (Revised)

Masumi Miragane, used to be close friends with Akari in Middle School, ever since Akari moved from America. They would play volleyball together during school but during Akari's toxic relationship Oikawa, Masumi decides to not hang out with her because she was jealous of her.  Almost each one of their classmates' attention was on Akari as Masumi started to have a grudge against Akari.

She was the one who actually tampered with Akari's relationship with Oikawa. Who spread rumors to others and how Oikawa was seeing another girl from another school. Akari didn't want to believe this but then she processed everything after a few days, only using her knowledge of things she sees in movies and books. Masumi would secretly be dating Oikawa but he didn't care. He didn't, truly care or love Akari which made her depressed and lonely and confused. 

After her 4th year in Kitagawa Diiachi, Akari transferred to Chidoriyama where she focused only on volleyball and matured quickly and made herself forgive and not forget the lesson learned from this. Akari despised Oikawa and broke off contact with anything that had to do with Kitagawa Daiichi, even if her cousin was there, 2 years younger than her. 

Over the years, Masumi became a Wing Spiker to try and match Akari but during the Championship for a spot in Nationals, Akari's team defeats Kitagawa Daiichi in 2. Henceforth, Masumi didn't receive the Best Ace award, she still holds a grudge against Akari.

She's currently attending Aoba Johsai as a 1st year, being a regular as a Wing Spiker. And supposedly, the ace in training. She became the ace of Kitagawa Diiachi by deep corner shots and her serving. She was originally a setter like Oikawa but switched so she can match up with Akari. 

Even if Oikawa has a lot of admirers and fangirls, she doesn't care since she was close to Oikawa already and all she wanted was make Akari's life a living hell. She wanted to be above Akari in volleyball. 

~~~~~

Akari's POV

Oh great. Masumi Miragane is here. And to think she would be in a store that sells dresses and makeup. I faced her with the sports bras in hand as I blankly looked at her. She didn't change much in her appearance. I mean I don't see any that sparks my eyes. Like she grew a few inches and wearing shorts and a crop top to show off....a flat stomach with no signs of abs......and.......a flat ass. I don't see the abs or toned legs. To me, she looks like a stick. I notice she has pink ombre acrylic nails and is wearing makeup. I admit, her nails look nice but that's it. 

"So, not going to Aoba Johsai?" She flips her hair off her shoulder. 

"Nah," I scoffs. "Shiratorizawa is better." I turned away but Masumi stops me. 

"Whatever, everyone knows you are running away from Oikawa-kun." I got triggered but said nothing and just walked to the next aisle which was leggings. 

"I don't care." I stated, getting annoyed but Masumi can sense it as she pressed on. She followed me and started pestering me.

"Yeah, you do." 

"No, I clearly don't. I got recruited from Shiratorizawa and I like team" I honestly said. And to even get her triggered, I said with a smile. "They recruited me because I received The Best Ace award and went to Nationals." 

I laughed inwardly as her face was priceless. "Whatever! You didn't even win Nationals." 

"And you didn't even smelled the Nationals." I snapped as she was completely losing her head. It looked like she wanted to slap me but she calmed down and went back to her old self. 

"Whatever. But just so you know." Masumi smiles. "Toru-kun is in this store right now." She whispers as it gave me the chills down my back. She smiles then turns her back on me. 

I sighed as I quickly looked over the leggings before going to the tracksuit aisle. I quickly looked through to get my size and my favorite fabric and color before briskly heading to the cashier to pay for it so I can leave the store ASAP. 

I was almost to the doors until I was grabbed by my right wrist while I was carrying a shopping bag with the other as I was pulled into the men's section that was empty with nobody but the last person I wanted to see.

Oikawa

He never changed. He seemed happy to have seen me and he grew taller as well. If I was the fangirls, I be drooling on his handsomeness and scream for him but F*C< that!

"I found you." His voice made me cringed because it sounded all flirtatious and lovey-dovey. I tried to shake him off but his hold was strong. 

"Oikawa, stop it." I snapped, getting annoyed and stressed. 

"Why Ri-chan?" Oikawa made pout as he was so close to me, I can smell a scent of is cologne which I used to love. "Don't you love me?" 

"Please, you and your toxicity." I looked away. "Now after 4 years, you noticed I loved you? You psycho." 

Oikawa furrowed his eyebrows. "That's not fair. I had volleyball, there was no time to spend with you." Playing the victim. I thought. So toxic. I wish someone can just take me away. 

"I am a volleyball player too, you know." I snapped back, not feeling guilty but more angry. "You made out with Miragane. And I moved on. So please can you just leave me alone!" I managed to get out of his grasp and I tried to run away. Again.

"Ri-chan!" I ignored him but I collided with something hard as a person wrapped his arms around so I wouldn't fall. I couldn't hear Oikawa no more but I know he's behind me. 

My shopping bag was on the floor as I looked up to see....

Oikawa's POV

She changed. Her hair got long and wavier while she grew a few inches. She wasn't that skinny girl no more. She was even prettier than before...and curvy. I wanted to get back together with her and it really irritated me that she resisted. I was lost in my thoughts of how pretty she is as she got out of my grasp. I called out to her but she bumped into the only person I truly hate.  

Ushiwaka