Ch.36 The Qualifiers

*After I wrote the last chapter. I felt rushed but that's ok, I want Akari to be a 3rd year already, so I can focus more on Beautiful Snow *

Normal POV 

~ Timeskip ~

Shiratorizawa arrives at the Sendai City Gymnasium on October 25. They'll be playing one game today. If they win then they'll go into the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals the next day and then the Finals. 

Well, even if their ultimate goal is getting revenge on Niyama, they must win all their games. In reality, in order to get to the top, you have to be persistent and give everything you got. Apply whatever you did during training and the reps you did after practice. Fixing your bad habits and mistakes which would show on the court by your teammates, spectators, coaches, and including you. 

Some teams with a similar goal might experience defeat and their dream or goal is past down to their underclassmen. Nakano and the other 3rd years did not want that. Nakano, as the captain of Shiratorizawa, encourages her teammates to persist and shake off any mistake they did because what matters now is getting the next point back. Remembering her declaration to Akari on the first day of practice/tryouts, she now has confidence that Akari would put the ball away, since she improved so much in their training camps and practice match and practices.

As they passed through Day 1 to Tokonami High School with a score of 25-15/25-17, Akari and the rest of her teammates have started to use their new skills and tricks. Raesoo, setting in the 10 and using making Nakano available to hit. Nakano, spreading the offense for each of her hitters have a space in front of them to hit. Yuna, improves on her read blocking, stopping most setter dumps with Mei too. Saeko improves on her float serve and her normal serve. Serving it flat so it can float. Akari, Koyuki would switch on defense in the front row so Akari can hit some sets with her left hand.

After the game, Akari looks at the schedule again outside in the lobby. The Boys had finished earlier and they decided to stay and wait for the Girls to finish. In the Quarter Finals, they would be facing Johzenji High school again. If we win that, we would face Aoba Johsai.

My family went home before I came back in to check the board. That's when I see Wakatoshi next to me.

"You're getting better with your spikes, Akari." Wakatoshi complements as he stared at the Boys schedule. Since they came out as #1 in the Inter High Prelims, they move onto the Semi Finals which starts later so he gets to watch Akari play.

"Thank you for watching me. I'm sure you killed it out there too."

"Of course I did." Akari chuckles softly to his blunt response. She notice that they'll be challenging an unknown team she's never heard of and then to the Finals. She sees Aoba Johsai on the other side, she would like to see that game.

"Ri-Chan!" She blinks and turns because she's already used to that voice calling for her. Wakatoshi glares at him but Akari gently touched his right wrist, meaning to don't do anything, I got this.

"Yes, Oikawa?" Akari raised an eyebrow as Oikawa waves his hands. While Wakatoshi death stares him out.

"I'm just here to say you're getting better in Volleyball. I hope you get to see me play too, Ri-Chan." He smiles as Akari awkwardly grins and nods to him in thanks. She then sees a girl come out behind him.

"Akari."

"Masumi."

"Ushiwaka."

"......." Wakatoshi blinks and nods. "Oikawa."