Ch.41 Training Camps Apart

Normal POV

After the Playoffs, it's now a new month of November and Nationals is in January. Wakatoshi gets invited to the All Japan Youth Training Camp while Akari and the Girls had a training camp with Itachiyama, Geba High School, Morita Girls, Iwaki Girls. They're training camp is hosted at Geba High School. These schools are representing their prefectures for the Nationals. The camp would be on December 10-16. 

Coach Haku and Manager Miya planned ahead so they would leave in the morning on the 9th. It will take around 4 hours to travel using the train to go from Sendai to Osaka. Coach Haku advise to bring any snacks or food or even a small pillow. 

They didn't have practice 2 days before their train ride in order to get caught up or even get ahead of assignments in their classes. 

Akari thinks it's funny to see Wakatoshi peering over shoulder after he had practice because she's studying for an upcoming quiz for the next few lessons in Math, Geography, and Painting. She thought it was kinda cute but she insisted on him going to sleep since he came over and is leaning his back against the wall on her bed. She couldn't believe that the bunk bed didn't break yet. 

"I'll be going to Osaka for a training camp." Akari mutters as she flips a page of her Math notebook. 

"I know." He sighs. "I'll miss you, Akari." She smiles warmly and leans into his chest while he rests his chin on her shoulder. "Can I copy your notes when you're gone?" Akari chuckles softly. 

"Ofc, just don't mess it up and lose it." He hums in response and leans into her hair. 

Akari would stay in during lunch and after school to take the quizzes that were suppose to be on the days of her training camp. 

Akari bid her goodbye to Wakatoshi the night before along with a hug and few words. 

"Do your best." Akari smiles. "You too!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari's POV

During the Training Camp, I met with the rest of the Top Aces:
#1 Natsuki Kimura 
      ~ 3rd year/Morita Girls
#2 Mako Abe 
      ~ 3rd year/Itachiyama
#3 Kimiko Mori
      ~ 3rd year/Niiyama
#4 Risa Tanabe 
      ~ 3rd year/Geba High School
#5 Hatsumi Yamane 
      ~ 3rd year/Iwaki Girls

I felt weird. Their first impressions were insulting but I just shrugged them off. The coaches called each school's ace because this camp is suppose to be for teams who're going to Nationals. They looked surprised to see me in Kimiko's place. 

"You're the Ace of Shiratorizawa?" Risa Tannabe, #4 Ace in the country. "The Sūkikyō no Tori who took down the Queen?" She gives me a suspicious look. "No way."

"Yes way." Mako chimes in, resting her elbow on my shoulder. "I taught her my famous left-handed cut shot." 

"She's left handed?" Hatsumi Yamane, #5 Ace in Japan, asked. 

"I'm Ambidextrous." I answered her. 

"An Ambidextrous Ace." Natsuki Kimura, the one who won Nationals last year. "Interesting. I can't wait to play you, Sūkikyō no Tori." I felt chilly and excited at the same time. I get to play against the other top aces before Nationals. I hope I learn something. I want to able to max my full vertical jump and my abilities of using both hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wakatoshi's POV

I got off the train and stand in front of Ajinomoto National Training Center. I want to play already. I'll be here for a few days getting better on my spikes. I kinda wish Akari was here. I see a few girls on the other side of the gym. I guess we'll be here with the girls.