Ch.28 Sense of Urgency

Normal POV

It is the Last Day. The Semis and the Finals. Whoever wins in the Finals, get to play in the Interhigh Nationals. 

Akari takes a deep breath and exhaled as they'll be facing Tokonami High. Even if they are a decent team, the Girls can easily fall apart. Keeping their goal in mind, they have to get through the Semi Finals quickly. The sense of urgency is important now that they have a chance to face Niiyama for their ticket to the Interhigh Nationals. 

The regulars lined up on the court while Akari stretches her arms. Both arms. She tells Nakano that she can use it during a few plays but not all the time. 

Since they got the receive, Nakano is in the front row since she her serve can rack up some points, then Akari, then Yuna (in place for Saeko). Coach Haku strategically made it like this so Shiratorizawa can win the 1st set with serving. 

As the serve is passed by Kiyoko, Nakano sets a Gunma (Gap Set) to Akari who uses her left hand to hit the ball straight down since everyone was watching Yuna doing a broad jump. 

Now Nakano's jump serves. She didn't target the Libero just yet. But targets the "Ace" for Tokonami. Akari sense that the Ace was getting frustrated because after every receive the ball didn't really go to her. Yuna got some blocks in the Middle and Left side. 

After a block out from their ace the score's 9-1. 

Now their focus is going fast and making a point. Nakano signals for a synchronized attack. Raesoo passes it perfectly as Nakano has 3 hitters in the front and one for a back row attack. She sets the ball to Akari for a quick attack and she hits with her right down in the middle of the court. 

Now, Akari's serve. She takes a deep breath and serves with her left hand. Across from the Setter. The receiver reacted late as she gets it up in the air. The Libero covers as the Setter gets it over. Raesoo receives it perfectly as Yuna and Nakano started to run quick attacks and it worked. 

After Akari's 5th serve, she uses her normal serve for her right and does a float. She hops a little and the ball drops right behind the net, no one was there. Akari jumps and cheers as her teammates did as well. That's when the morale and momentum of the game is there's and it has increased. 

After the 1st set, Akari started working on some feints and roll shots (off tempo shots) because she can't ride her power and spikes forever. Her Father taught her that you can't always spike long, you will become predictable and the defenders won't move. 

Some of it worked but Tokonami caught on as they started shifting their defense for someone to cover the feints while the back row is covering the line shot. So, she could either target the corner by a cross spike or try do block outs or do rebounds. 

After the game, Shiratorizawa gets a ticket to face the winner in the Finals. Akari felt nervous now. She watches Niiyama leading Date Tech in the 2nd set, 20-10.

She was standing outside the court with her teammates in their tracksuits, staying warm for the next game.

She felt like she had to go to the bathroom. But she just quietly watched and drank water. You can tell she's nervous but the way her eyes are wide.

When Kimiko Mori spikes the ball, she would stare in awe because her spikes are powerful and fast. She hits the corners and usually straight down when she does a quick attack.

Not just Kimiko Mori but everyone else on the court stands out.

The Libero who makes incredible receives from float serves. The Setter who turns to the net to set it to Kimiko or she spikers. The Middle Blockers, tall as their arms can go over the net. She takes a deep breath and out.