Ch.21 Mentally Strong

Normal POV

The boys took the 2nd set with the score:  25-16

They served Akari but she cleanly receives it as Nakano sets it to Kiyoko who spikes to Hayato, Semi tosses it Wakatoshi for a back attack. He spikes it to clear the set. To his surprise, Akari dives for it to get it up as she did in flash before rolling to get up quickly on her feet but she struggles again because of the roll. 

"Up!!" Akari screams as Raesoo covers her and Kiyoko did an off speed shot over the net. Reon receives it as Semi sets Wakatoshi again. He looked and see the back corner open. He hits a cross from the right side. The Boys for sure knew it would be a point, but to their astonishment. 

Akari dives for it again. She touches it with her right arm and slides on the ground. Koyuki connects as Raesoo gets it over. Semi dumps it to the middle of the court so fast that Raesoo dives to late. Akari was still on the court, trying to get up. 

She pants and rolls to her left side slowly while her teammates and Coach Haku supported her to get up. She straightens her back as sweat dripped down the sides of her face. 

"I think I need ice." Akari says as Manager Miya walked with her to the club room. Akari looked down at her arm and she holds it to her stomach. Like the time she had a case on. 

Wakatoshi couldn't help but stare at her and gave a worried look. He told himself time and time again that this will make her stronger. Did he overdo it? Tendou pats his shoulder as he knows that his friend is worried. 

"She'll be fine." Tendou reassures. Wakatoshi nods and sighs as he drinks his water bottle. 

Coach Washijo hums at the scene as they switched sides. Coach Haku and him passes one another as Coach Washijo spoke. 

"You've got a persistent player." 

"She is isn't she?" Coach Haku rhetorically said before walking to the bench. 

~~~~~~

"Kasumi." Coach Haku called in the team huddle. "You'll be in for Akari. I don't know how long she'll be out but this is your time." Kasumi nods before Nakano high fives her. 

"Akari did good out there." Raesoo commented while drinking her water bottle. Nakano agreed. Heck, Yuna, Koyuki, Mei, and Kiyoko agreed. Coach Haku nods.

"She's the Ace in training." He then looks at the rest of the team. "All of you be ready to go in. You'll have practice time so you can work on your receives, serves, spikes, defense, anything. This is a practice match after all." The team nods as Nakano steps in. 

"Just do your best. It doesn't have to be awesome like Akari's way of playing, in my opinion but if this is a real game, we would do everything we can to push through and win this set for her." 

Raesoo and Kiyoko stands up and cheers at their captain while the others joined in. 

Akari's POV

I sit on the chair while Manager Miya takes out bandages and some wipes to clean her arm of the sweat and germs that was on the court. I flinches at the touch of the wipes as Manager Miya apologizes. I sighed and relax. 

"Where does it hurt?" She asked. I point to the outer area of my arm near my elbow. She presses it gently with an ice pack before wrapping it with clear tape. I embraced the pain. 

"I never been this hurt since Elementary." I said out of the blue. Manager Miya listens and looks up. 

"You're strong, Akari-chan." I hums in thanks. "I remind myself because sometimes I forget and I break down after the games or practice." Manager Miya nods as she too can relate to that. She was a Libero who doubt herself but then she reminded herself that she was picked for a Libero for a reason.