Ch.18 Front Row

*Current Rotation*

Girls Lineup:

    Akari (WS)          Koyuki (OP)    Yuna(MB)

Raesoo/Mei (L)      Nakano(S)   Kiyoko (WS)

Boys Lineup:

Captain (WS)        Wakatoshi (OP)     Tendou (MB)

Hayato/2nd yr(L)        Semi (S)      Reon (WS) 

Normal POV

It looked like Akari was going to shank it if she tried to take it squared. Just when the ball about to reach her she ducked away. 

"OUT!" 

The ball was indeed out as she was stepping on the service line. She looks at the ball before turning to her teammates. 

"Nice!" Koyuki said as Kiyoko went to serve. Akari stepped onto the net. Yuna and Koyuki high-fives her as she looked through the net. She smiles as Wakatoshi looks at her. He made a small grin before turning to Kiyoko. 

Kiyoko serves it deep as Hayato receives it. Semi sets it up to their Captain as he did a straight on Nakano who receives it to Raesoo. 

"Rae!!" Nakano yells as she sees her bump setting the ball to Akari. 

"Here!!" Akari yells as she gets ready to hit. The ball sets up high for her as she looks at the Boys' defense. Wakatoshi was on the left, Tendou coming to block, Reon getting back to defend along with Hayato. She could only reach up and try to hit a straight. But she had a hunch. As she goes up with her right hand in the air. She looks at the corner by Hayato. 

She then tries to swing it down but only get blocked by Tendou. Who swings his arms toward the direction on where she's spiking. Luckily, Raesoo receives it as Nakano came running to get it up high. 

"Again! GO!" Akari was already ready for another one but this time she goes up so fast and hits the ball off of Wakatoshi's arm and out. Akari lands as she looks at Coach Saito who gave her the point. 

1-2

Akari smiles and didn't look back at Wakatoshi or Tendou who was pouting that he didn't block her. 

"I'll get you next time Akari-chan!" Tendou yelled from the net. Akari just smiles. 

"You almost had me." 

Kiyoko's 2nd serve went to Reon as he got it up for Semi who sets it to Wakatoshi from the right side where Akari, Yuna, and Koyuki who tries to line up and get the timing right and block him. 

But Koyuki was a little early as the ball landed in front of Nakano who was in position of digging a hard driven ball. 

Koyuki apologizes as Yuna declared that she would tell us when to jump in sync. Nakano waves it off as they're receiving now. 

Tendou went to serve while Hayato went out as another Middle Blocker came in. Nakano claps as she encourages her. 

"One pass, here we go." 

The ball went straight to Raesoo who got a perfect pass as Yuna went in for a quick while Akari and Koyuki stayed on their respectable attacking position. Tendou didn't receive it as Coach Washijo started yelling at him as Hayato took him out. 

Yuna went to serve as Mei went in for Raesoo. Akari high-fives her as Koyuki did also. Nakano told Koyuki that she has the 2nd since Yuna is out. 

Yuna did her jump serve as the Boys took the point back as Wakatoshi spikes it off of Yuna's arms which she flinches at the power. She went out as Raesoo went in. Akari moves back as Raesoo and Kiyoko are in the back row passing. 

Nakano motions to Koyuki to stay while Mei would be hitting the outside, Akari will come in for quick in the middle. Kiyoko will be set for a back attack. Akari notices that Wakatoshi is bouncing the ball. As the whistle blows he tosses it and does it jump serve. Kiyoko tried to receive but it was too fast as it swings off her arms to the wall. Raesoo looks at it and started to get fired up. 

Akari looked at Wakatoshi again as she took deep breaths. She wanted the ball. She wanted the set. She wanted the kill. She wanted to touch the ball. 

"Serve it to me!!" She opens her arms as he serves it in between Kiyoko and her. She takes a step forward and holds her platform. The ball shoots up towards Nakano who stared in awe as the ball went up. Akari got up after 2 seconds and went in for the quick. Nakano sets the ball to Akari who hits it straight down as the middle blocker looked dumbfounded of how quick that went. 

"Did you see that!?" Tendou puts his hands in his hair. 

"Don't just stand there!" Coach Washijo yells. "Block it!" The middle blocker flinches as he apologizes to the captain who waves it off. Wakatoshi made a small grin before it disappeared. He got excited for that as Akari cheers with her team. 

"Less go!" Raesoo pats her back as Koyuki went for serve. Her teammates in the square cheered too. Coach Haku smiled as he saw that their Ace in training boosted the teams fire with the courage to take a powerful serve straight on. He claps his hands to Akari who just smiled and turned back to the net. Ready for another kill. 

She did though, getting kills with her right hand but not with her left. At least not yet. She couldn't wait to show what she has to the Coach but she is patient. 

~~~~~~ 

To Coach Washijo's dismay of expecting the score to be 25-3, the score was actually 25-15. He noticed that the girls were giving all there tosses to Akari who made some really interesting kills of off the blocks and out, manipulating Tendou with his guess blocking, and being used as a decoy in some plays. 

Before the 2nd set began, he looked at his team with a dangerous look. The boys sure did flinch but, especially not Wakatoshi but he really is willing to hear and do whatever Coach orders. 

"I want you all to target their #4. I assumed you all that she's Ryu's daughter. The one I'd put as a Middle Blocker instead of an Ace. I want you all to act like we are playing against a regular boys team. Stop getting surprised if they do something so mind-blowing. They're girls!" Captain nods as we follow him. 

"Sorry Nakano," The captain mutters for his team to hear. "We will be shutting you down."

Something turned in her stomach after she cheered with her team. Something bad was about to happen but she just let it go.