Ch.8 Drop The Formalities (Revised)

Normal POV

When Ushijima asked if Akari wanted to eat dinner with him, she looked at him with wide eyes as Tendou facepalmed next to Asumi who just smiles. Akari clears her throat and looks away. 

"Do you mean, a date?" She asked as she looks at Tendou. Before Ushijima even questions what a date was, he jumps in. 

"Wohi-chan, he means if you would like to sit with us in the cafeteria?" Tendou said with a smile. Ushijima looks at him with a confused look as Akari hums in comprehension. 

"Sure, I am hungry after running on the track." Akari nods as Tendou understands why. 

"You must really love to workout." Tendou comments. 

"Got to stay in shape and increase my stamina and endurance." She shrugged.

"Well let's go. You guys must be hungry." Asumi pointed out as Akari follows her. Tendou grips Ushijima's arm. 

"You can say the most random things sometimes." Tendou sighs. 

"What's a date?" Ushijima asked as they were walking a few feet behind the girls. 

"It's where 2 people go out alone and spend alone time." Ushijima blinks and then asked. 

"Isn't that a way for me to be her friend?" Tendou facepalms. Again.

"Yes but only if you know her for a couple of months. Wohi-chan thinks you were moving to fast. Way to fast. When starting a friendship with a girl, you have to know what she likes and her life. If you have any classes with her, it's the best time to get to know her." Tendou explains as Ushijima absorbed the information he received and nods. 

"I guess, I can wait." Ushijima sighs, he didn't like to sugarcoat anything. With his straightforwardness, he tends to reject girls and says anything that is on his mind without being nervous or emotional about it. Which leads everyone to think of him as rude and heartless

~~~~~

Akari's POV

Something's going on and it's really making me wonder about it more often other than Volleyball. Meeting a stranger who would be considered as like an acquaintance at least in the next few days. But, the stranger turns out to be so blunt, he didn't even consider the outcome of asking me. 

"Ushijima-san seems...odd." I stated as I looked up to the night sky, enjoying the small breeze that made the sweat on my forehead dry. 

"Yeah," Asumi replied. "See what I mean when I ship you guys." I was taken back and looked behind me to see Ushijima looking at me as Tendou was talking to him. I looked straight again and then furrowed my brows. 

"But still, I just can't understand why would he do these things for me and to me." I doubted. "I don't even know anymore, I bumped into Oikawa today and I was glad Ushijima-san was there because I felt like I was about to have an emotional breakdown." I shivered at that as I shake my head. 

"Well," Asumi sighs after hearing Oikawa's name. "I sense something too. But I'll ask Tendou when school starts. The thing I sense, it's a good thing for you so don't sweat about." She then paused and laughs as I joined her. 

"I'm already sweating." 

~~~~~

Timeskip