Ch.3 I HATE the word, "Short"

Ushijima's POV

We arrived at the mall but the place wasn't so crowded which was good. It was only 9:15 when we got there. I looked down at Akari who was sniffing loudly as I smelled someone cooking meat. Come to think of it, it's kind of cute when she lifts her head up and sniffs the air. I can see her face clearly as it looked like she was sniffing towards me. 

My cheeks became hot and sore as I looked away. Tendou jumps a little as he spots an Ice cream shop. Asumi hits him, stating that he shouldn't eat ice cream for breakfast but he bolted there anyway. 

We walked to the food court as there were less people than usual since it's a Saturday. We split up as we go into different outlets. I went to a place where they make Hayashi Rice. I was alone until Akari was standing next to me, looking up at the menu above the counter. She didn't recognize me until I broke the silence.

"What are you eating?" She flinches and looks up.

"Kake Udon." She replies as she steps behind me. I turned to face her but she puts her hand up. "You can order first." I blinked before I turned back around, waiting for the employee.

"What are you eating?" She asked as I turn slightly to see her tracing the visible veins on the back of her right hand. "Hayashi Rice." I said, hearing her hum as I gave my order.

Akari's POV

I took out my wallet from my bag as I waited. I looked up as Ushijima-san ordered Kake Udon. I titled my head as he turns his head to me.

"I got it." His tone was seriously deep as he stared at me. I shivered as I only replied with a simple, "Uh, okay?" He then turns around to get the receipt as we waited alongside the wall. That was weird as I started to process things. He's really scary but interesting. No one has ever did that to me, let alone a person I just met this morning. This is weird. 

"Here." I held out money to him as he just looked at it. I studied his expression but I could tell he is confused. He made a poker face as he gently shoves my hand back towards me. His hand grabbed my wrist as I realize how warm and large his hand is.

"Keep it." It sounded like he was demanding it but I just nod and put away my money. I then looked up to see him staring at me. I brought enough courage to say something without stuttering or my voice cracking.

"Thank you." Why do tall guys have to be so handsome and hard to read? Even the things I learned in an American course called Psychology can even apply to this guy.

Ushijima's POV

My mother raised me to be a gentleman as I paid for her food as well. I really didn't know what came over me. What was I getting out of this? My mind was thinking until I see Akari handing me money but I declined it. It's not money I'm after. After she said thank you, I noticed she was looking around the place. I started to notice the smallest feature on her. How long her eyelashes are. How her is wavy which I assumed comes from her braiding it. How short she is.

"Your 4'11" I stated. Thinking she was because of how short she is. She looks up with wide-eyes until after a blink, it all changed.

Akari's POV

Did he just called me short!? After being a gentleman? Calling me short? That's offensive coming from a tall guy. I blinked as my surprised look changed into my 'Resting Bitch Face' Shaira pointed it out almost everyday.

"Ya know," I started to say. "That's very offensive to say to someone who's a foot shorter than you." I sighed and relaxed but not changing my RestingBItchFace. "I'm 5'2. And a half." I blinked as to wait for his response.