Ch.47 Shaira Ai

Timeskip - Interhigh Prelims

Normal POV

After days of practicing, team bondings, and challenging one another, Shiratorizawa heard news of 2 representatives for Miyagi in the Girl's League [A/N] If they could at least be the 2nd they can go to Nationals.

Akari tells the 1st years as they head inside the gym that their worthy opponents as they go into the Finals are Niiyama Joshi and since Aoba Johsai's worthy opponent in the Boys League is Shiratorizawa, the Girls hold a grudge against them. Masami still wants to beat Akari since she's jealous of the fame she's getting in the Volleyball Monthly. Masumi knows of the twins as she told her teammates that the Wohi Twins went to Shiratorizawa after wining 1st place against Dosho Middle along with being on the Junior Olympic Team last year.

Volleyball Monthly did an article of the Wohi Twins when they won the Nationals and one about their experience in the Junior Olympics as the only 2 that were undersized. Akari, nonetheless, proud of her sisters, even their Father was shocked too since the twins had to travel.

As Shiratorizawa displays their skills on the 1st day in Rounds 1 and 2, Akari and the twins lead the team to sweep the first 2 teams under 20 points. All 3 scored the most aces combined. As they headed into the Quarter Finals on the 2nd day, they notice that their cousin, Shaira Ai is Karasuno's Setter and they made it to the Quarter Finals, challenging Masami. Akari pointed out that they weren't good back then since she had to challenge them in the 1st round. 

"Ira-chan's here." Fuyumi pointed out, as they head onto their Court after a Boys Match was finished. Apparently, Karasuno loses to Aoba Johsai in 3. It was a hell of a game to watch but Akari felt sympathy to the orange haired, short hitter. She too, got stuffed by a block like that. But that set made Fuyumi astonished and amazed. She heard of the King of the Court when they went to the Nationals in Junior High. His sets were amazing which Shaira pointed out. 

"Noya-kun did his best." Natsumi murmurs as she gave a sympathetic smile as he walked by. He was sweating badly but pursed his lips before walking out of the gym. 

"Ri-chan!" Akari turns around to see Oikawa waving and smiling. Akari gave him a calm reply and congratulated him on winning, being humble. Oikawa smiled and then came up to her as her teammates went on the court. "Ushiwaka is going down tomorrow." Akari scoffs as she placed a hand on her hip and looks up to him. Being half a foot taller than her didn't scare her unlike being vulnerable in her 3rd year in Middle School. 

"I hope you can handle the Intense Force of Shiratorizawa, Great King." She stared him in the eye before he chuckles as Iwaizumi started calling him. 

"We'll see who Rules The Court, Sūkikiyo no Tori." Oikawa murmurs and turns away. Akari hums as she went to warm up with her team. Not realizing that Ushiwaka himself was watching their interaction. 

Shaira Ai, wanting to attend a school that didn't have the Wohi sisters because she wanted to play on her own. She didn't want to play in the shadows of her cousins, being that they're all renowned in the Miyagi Prefecture. When she attended practice, the girls looked like they didn't want to be there. She felt bad for their captain, Michimiya. She called out to them and pointed out their inability to not try hard for this sport. She hated when people do something that they do not love or won't put their effort into it, despite if they have talent. 

"Why play volleyball if you won't work hard?" Shaira bellowed at the upperclassmen. Michimiya became shocked as this 1st year stands in front of them. "I joined this school because it's motto and they were once a powerhouse that brought Shiratorizawa down. When Karasuno was a powerhouse. Who cares if you lost against Akari. With me and my friends, your underclassmen will be next to you, senpais!" She was on the point of crying before entering in the Interhigh Prelims.