Ch. 46 We're 3rd years Now

Normal POV

During school, Wakatoshi stayed in Class 3 while Akari moved up to Class 4. They don't have classes together anymore and Akari was sad but didn't know if Wakatoshi felt the same way because he became more stoic and deadpanned. 

They would however, exchanged glances during school but as she heads down to the Boys Gym to see if Wakatoshi was there, she notice him practicing already. She walks in and puts on her volleyball shoes. He was alone, the others are having lunch while her sisters were too. She decided to eat fast and quickly walk to the gym. He was serving. I put my bag down next to his as I grabbed a ball. He didn't notice me until I bounced the ball behind the service line. 

"Akari." His voice deeper, sending shivers up my spine. I looked him in the eye as I smiled. 

"Hey Wakatoshi, may I serve too?" He nods before bouncing the ball next to her. He didn't want to admit it but having her here with him makes him feel happy inside. Even though they've cuddled and spend more time with each other, he was too focused on getting better and trying to maximize his power in volleyball. Akari notice this and didn't want to hold him back, but she desired to spend time with him. Doing this was a start. 

As she does her jump serve, she hits it on the tape of the net as she huffs. She watches as Wakatoshi performs one and it went over the net. Akari hums as she gets another one. 

"You seemed off." Wakatoshi stated, looking her over with a new ball in hand. 

"I just want to spend time with you." She averted her eyes and took a deep breath, ready to redeem herself for that missed serve. She tosses it up and serves with her right hand. It goes over and in as she sighs. 

"You are now." Wakatoshi replied after seeing her serve. 

"I mean like spending time alone." Akari blushed, getting another ball. "Even though we're not in the same classes, I still want to do study dates with you. I still want to keep doing this but I want to spend time with my sisters as well." 

Wakatoshi stops and faced her. He stares at the ball in his hands. Thinking about what to say. He doesn't know what to say. Akari waited for him to reply as she looks up. She knows he's thinking and trying to say something and she felt a little embarrassed. 

"Akari, we're 3rd years now." Wakatoshi stated, rather bluntly which made her think he's mad at her. "Whatever you choose won't make me distance from you any less. You should focus more on your volleyball career." Akari felt a weird feeling. She then hugs him, feeling his muscular built. He placed one hand in her hair once again while lifting her chin in order for her to look at him. 

"Understand?" He continued to use his tone which made Akari to only just nod. She didn't want leave him and spend more time doing something else. But, he's right. If she wants to become a professional volleyball player, she has to focus and put relationships aside. Just like what her Father said. 

"Will I ever spend time like this with you?" Wakatoshi blinks and then let out a little sigh. 

"I'm afraid not." That broke her heart a little as she just buries her forehead in his chest. Wakatoshi continued to caress her hair. "Always know that you mean everything to me." 

"I-I understand." Akari said with a shaky voice. "You're the same with me. Along with volleyball." 

"Yes." Wakatoshi murmurs softly. "Would you like to spend time with me during lunch hours?" Akari let out a shaky breath and wiped away any tears that were forcing their way down her cheek. 

"I would like that very much." Akari gave a small smile as they both took down the net and cleaned the gym before sitting down by the wall. Akari gave Wakatoshi some snacks all while sitting close to him. Sometimes, Wakatoshi would pull her back close to his chest as he wraps his arms around her torso. Breathing into her hair or resting his chin on her shoulder. His knees leans against her small ones. If anyone were to walk in on them, they would think that Wakatoshi is showing his possessive side only to her. 

Akari would tilt her head back and closed her eyes, putting her arms on his thighs, relaxing. 

He enjoyed this small, little time he has with her. After graduating from High school, he wants to live with her and even do the things he told her Father. He just wanted to focus on volleyball now and want her to do the same.

After their lunch..date, Akari had to part ways since she was in a class higher than Wakatoshi. He missed the class time together with her but he had to live through because it is what it is. He would have practice matches with college teams so Akari couldn't spend time after practice since she wanted him to rest. Their only time together is narrowed down to lunch break. 

After eating, Akari would then go to the gym to spend her time with Wakatoshi. All while spending the rest of the time with her sisters. They didn't really take it well. 

"Ushijima-san is suppose to be your friend." Fuyumi pointed out in their dorm. 

"Why are you hanging out with him?" Natsumi added. 

"That's what friends do, twins." Akari snaps. "Why shouldn't I? You both know who he is. Father knows who he is. We aren't dating anyways." 

"It looks like it." Fuyumi jabbed. 

"Enlighten me." Akari gestures with her hand. "Friends can cuddle too. At least I don't do it in front of you both. You have Noya-kun as a guy friend along with Goshiki so don't even." Akari began to feel annoyed. 

"Goshiki-kun won't do that." Natsumi defended. 

"Then drop it." Akari shakes her head, using a different tone for them hear an emphasis on the word drop. "At least I spend time with you both. Would you want me to not spend time with you both more than my close friend??" The twins looked at each other then dips their heads. 

"We're sorry neechan." They both said in synced, Akari sighs before wrapping her arms around them. 

"I'm a 3rd year now. At least accept the time I'm spending with you other than volleyball. High school is 3 years and you can do enough things at a time so make the most of it while you still can." Akari consoles, remembering this feeling once again. 

"Since we're playing together again." Akari changed the subject. "We will win Nationals this year." 

"We'll make Father proud." Fuyumi lets go and stood up straight on the couch. "Junior High Championship isn't enough." Akari sensed the fire in her sister's voice. She hates losing and wants to feel that feeling on victory once again. She worked hard to improve her strength in setting, being an undersized one is difficult to beat out 2 tall ones for the spot on the Junior Olympic Team. 

"We were so close to defeat Korea." Natsumi furrows her eyebrows, remembering her amazing pancake at the last point against Korea for the Gold Medal in the Junior Olympics. "We could've gotten Gold." 

"Well," Akari murmurs. "we can get gold if we win our ticket to the Nationals. And receive a better golden one in the Nationals." 

"I like that." Fuyumi clenched her fists as Natsumi hums. "Me too." Akari looks both at them, the twins had the same aura. Similar towards hers. Akari puts her fist in front of them. They gladly fist bump her as a memory flashes back to when they won their ticket to Nationals. 

"We're not the Wohi sisters for nothing." Akari declares. 

Wohi means Fire and that drives into each and every one of the sisters' veins. The passion for volleyball is stronger when they are all on the court. Together.