Ch.14 Don't Mess With Me

Normal POV

It was Friday morning. The day before their practice match. Akari admits it, she is excited and nervous. After her morning practice, she didn't pack any lunch since she showered quickly and went to the Cafeteria. She was alone since Mei and other first years had to study for quizzes in their homeroom or finish up projects before their classes start. 

She walked by the Boys' Gym as they were still in practice as Wakatoshi told her he won't be with her before Homeroom starts so she was fine with it as she told him she'll be in the Cafeteria. 

As Akari walked by herself while listening to her Blackpink playlist, getting pumped up for tomorrow and the last practice before it's show time. 

She could see and sense all of the girls eyes on her as she walked on the sidewalk to Cafeteria. 3 girls that were taller than her, with makeup, fancy acrylic nails, and stylish hairs. She assumes they're in the same year. 

"What you doing hanging out with Ushiwaka-kun?" The girl in the center with blonde hair asked. She raised an eyebrow and took an earbud off. 

"Wakatoshi-kun?" Akari asked, lazily since all she wanted was to eat, think, and play music. The girl to the right scoffs. 

"Are you dumb?" 

"Wakatoshi-kun is like the most popular boy in sports." The other girl with dyed pink ombre hair showed off her nails in a gesture that means, 'Bitch what?' 

"So, you all are fangirls?" Akari asked, which made them pissed off because she gave a blank expression. 

"I am the leader of Ushiwaka's fan club." The center girl said, proudly. Akari covers her mouth in order to not laugh but she couldn't help it which made them furious. 

"What do you guys do? I don't see any of you in class. Or is it only during his games?" Akari begins to question them. "Besides, why shouldn't I hang with him? We both have a passion for volleyball." 

"But you're so short." The girl with pink ombre hair commented. An angry symbol appeared on her forehead when she heard the word short. 

She gave her death glare which made the 3 unexpectedly shiver. She paused for a few seconds to say the right words to them since she has a lot to say to them. She couldn't between being physical, mature, or immature about this. But she decided to say all of what's on her mind. 

"Yes, I'm short." Akari stated. "I am doing whatever I can to be better in Volleyball. You girls, being the head of Ushiwaka's fan club, I expect you all to play as well but I guess if your on the team I might accidentally break your fancy nails." Akari shrugs as she put more emphasis on saying Ushiwaka and accidentally. The girls' reaction was expected as they gawked stupidly at her. 

"If I had your heights, I would be more dangerous than meets the eye. Whatever, that's all people see me as a short Wing Spiker." Akari shrugs and sighs. 

"Why are you a Wing Spiker?" The quiet girl with short black hair with Brow Bone Bangs was curious which Akari sensed it. 

"Because like your Ushiwaka, I am the Ace in training." Akari gave a poker face as the center blonde girl laughs. 

"Is your Coach blind? How can you be an Ace? Why haven't I seen you at Shiratorizawa Junior High?" 

"Well then," Akari hissed, getting annoyed. "I would like to see you try and play against me. Do you think you can have Ushiwaka?" 

"Of course." The center said confidently. Maybe with too much confidence. 

Akari snickers. "Then, I suggest you start playing volleyball or better yet become more athletic." She brush passed them, hitting her bony yet toned shoulders on their shoulders which made them gasp of how their shoulders started to hurt. Then she looked behind to them and grins.

To the bystanders, she looked older as her hair was in a low braid and her baby bangs curled on her forehead and framed her face. To them, she possess amber eyes that looked even bright when a sun ray shows across her face where her eyes can absorb it. That's in her name. 

Akari --> Brightness

"Your Ushiwaka loves none other than Volleyball. Besides, I feel like y'all are trying so hard to bring me down or push me away from him. Let's face reality. You girls will never beat me in Volleyball. I was always be there, on the court or near a volleyball in Middle School. I suggest you all bulk and eat more meat instead of being so thin to get a guy's attention. That makes me pity you." 

The center girl growls and walks up to Akari, ready for scrap but her minions held her back. The other bystanders were watching and whispering but Akari didn't care. 

"Just stay away from Ushiwaka-kun!" The pink ombre haired girl squeals. 

"I can't." Akari bluntly said, feeling her stomach was growling. "We are friends. We are classmates. And we play the same sport. You 3 give off this vibe that y'all into Makeup and Prettiness as a sport." Akari shrugs and then she smiles "Oh! Modeling! Yes, I guess that's a sport." Some bystanders were laughing as she just roasted them. 

"Why you!?" The center reached out to her but Akari holds up her hand and push against the girl's 'claws'. 2 of her nails chipped off but Akari winces and looks at the back of her right hand. 2 visible cuts were dripping with blood as she then looks up and tilts her head. 

"Ha! Now you can't be a Wing Spiker." The center points but then she notices that her nails were busted. She screams as she looks at Akari with a surprised look. 

"Blood, Bruises, and Pain is a familiar friend in Volleyball. Besides, Volleyball isn't for you 3." She places her ear bud back in her ear. 

"Because it's not for girls who stand on the court to look pretty. It's about whatever you can do to play the sport that you're passionate for, as a real athlete."

 She turns away not caring if they would do something to her, she places her minor injured hand by her side and walk normally. 

Some were applauding for her "speech" they called it. While others were looking at her bloody hand that dripped on the grass towards the Cafeteria from time to time but she didn't care. 

The bystanders sensed a dangerous vibe coming from her and it made them not look her in the eye as she had her Resting Bitch Face look. 

Finally, she has a song that would get her fired up for today. She walked and straightened her back in order to not slouch as it was bad. She walks to the beat and feels trapped in the song. 

She listened to the chorus that played in her ears: 

Ha How you like that? You gon like that that that that 

that that that that 

Now look at you now look at me (Uh!) 

Look at you now look at me 

How you like that? 

*Blackpink*