.[0].

Prologue

As a member of the resistance, it is very important that members mustn't have special attachments to people they love. Every day, they lose hundreds of members due to battles, fights, and wars. People who they know and love, or people they don't know. Either way, it still hurts when they're gone.

At the base, they are surrounded by outstanding and talented people. From expert fighters to code hackers to pilots. Every one of them is unique in their own way. As for Atlas Caelia, she was just always there; sitting back and observing every detail that the members do. For as long as she can remember, she's been with the resistance, always. They've been her family when she had no family.

At the age of six, her parents died tragically by a raid of Stormtroopers. Atlas's parents wouldn't let the stormtroopers enter their home. But when Atlas's father wouldn't let them in, the stormtroopers shot both of them down. While all of this was happening outside of her home, she was hiding in the bunker under her house. With her teddy bear close to her chest, she silently cried as she was worried and anxious about her parents. Were they safe? She thought to herself. Atlas flinched as she heard a laser gun go off. Just as the stormtroopers were about to enter her home, the stormtroopers were shot.

The resistance had come to rescue the village she lived in. The same person that shot down the stormtroopers, came into her house. That person was checking every room in the house to check for anybody. Atlas heard footsteps come down the steps to the bunker. It took every strength in her to stay silent. But that wasn't the case here. She gave out a quiet cry out of her. The person that came down heard the cry and walked slowly toward the pile of boxes at the corner of the room. That person cautiously moved the boxes to find little Atlas hunched over herself behind those boxes, hugging her Teddy bear as tight as she can, hoping it would give off the same warmth that her parents gave her every night before she drifted off to sleep. Atlas had tear stains all over her cheeks and red eyes. The eyes of a little girl who was crying because she didn't know if her parents were safe.

Atlas saw a woman with brown hair and kind chocolate brown eyes. This woman couldn't be older than thirty-six years old. The women had brown pants on and a white top with a grey vest on top. The woman had a laser gun at the side of her hip, clipped onto her belt. This made Altas's flight or fight senses go off. Atlas tried to get away from this woman as fast as possible as the woman held her hand out, but since she was in the corner of the room, there wasn't much space to get to. "Don't worry little one, I'm not going to hurt you...I'm here to protect you," said this woman. Although this woman had kind brown eyes, eyes of a mother, Atlas still felt as if she couldn't trust her, at least not yet. "Look, my name is Leia. My friends and I are here to help you and the rest of the village."

Atlas flinched as she heard another gunshot outside. Leia quickly came in to hold her safe and soundly so she wouldn't be so frightened anymore. Atlas felt that this woman was warm and kind. "Shhh. Don't worry, little one. Everything will be alright," Leia said as she held Atlas close to her chest, hoping that she will feel safe and secure.

"Where are my parents," Atlas asked as her lips quivered against Leia's shirt. Leia took a moment to be silent, not knowing how to explain to a six-year-old that her parents were dead.

"They are safe...What is your name, little one." Leia said as she stroked Atlas's hair.

"Atlas...Atlas Caelia."

"Well, Atlas, your parents are safe but will need to go away for a while. In the meantime, you are to stay with me. I will care for you as your parents did," Leia reassured as she still held the little girl to her chest. "Come. I need to put you into a safe place."

They both got up. A crash upstairs could be heard and the sound of stormtroopers talking as well. Leia got a rock and broke the window and carried Atlas to climb through it then climbed out herself. There were Stormtroopers and the Resistance members fighting. Atlas stayed behind Leia so she felt protected. Leia and Atlas ran to the transport shuttle to be stopped by a stormtrooper. The stormtrooper held his laser gun, but Leia shot first, but as she shot the stormtrooper, he shot her as well in the leg. She stayed strong, pretending it didn't hurt. But Atlas knew she was in pain. Both Atlas and Leia ran but now limping to the transport shuttle. They both went up the ramp and Leia sat Atlas down on the seat beside the pilot's chair.

"Atlas, I need you to stay here. Do not go outside. Do you understand?" Leia said to her, placing Atlas down on the co-pilot's chair. "I need to go tell the others that we need to go back."

With that, Atlas stayed in the seat that Leia told her to stay at, as she saw Leia go back outside, still limping to tell the others that it was time to go.

•••

After a few minutes, Leia came back. She quickly sat down in the pilot's chair. She looked worse than when she did before. Looks like she had to fight more Stormtroopers before coming back. Leia began to press buttons on the dash that Atlas didn't know of or what they meant. The shuttle began to lift off the ground. Atlas was very scared. She had never flown before. As the shuttle was in the air, she saw even more shuttles in the sky, guessing that they were apart of the Resistance as well. Atlas looked down to see no movement. Only still white figures laying on the ground, lifeless. There was no one left. Once we left the atmosphere of the Jakku, Atlas's home planet, we were in a sky of blinking and shining stars.

"Leia, where are we going?" little Atlas said with the innocent voice of a scared child.

"Atlas, we are going to The Resistance base in Planet D'Qar."

For the rest of the flight, Atlas stayed quite. And for Leia, she occasionally talked to the speaker that the rest of the members would talk through to show their progress or if any TIE fighters were behind following them.

Once everyone arrived at the base, Leia held Atlas's hand as they walked down the ship's ramp as everyone clapped at Leia for the great work. As for Atlas, she stayed behind Leia, scared of the sudden movement and noise. Some of the members brought both of them to the medical bay to help with Leia's wound and Atlas's bruises and scrapes.

•••

Years went by of General Leia Organa caring for Atlas as her own. Leia showed her the ways of being a member of The Resistance. Accepting assignments and learning from everyone around. Leia even began training Atlas how to fight and even showing the ways of the force to her.

Atlas's life was going great. Learning from a Master Jedi and from talented and hard-working people. As well as fighting for the great or good. But little did she know that just one assignment can change her point of view of the galaxy around her.