.[18].

She was face to face with Kylo in the command center. He had requested for her presence. Beside him was Hux. He had said that he had some important things to ask her. And that it would be best if General Hux was there too. She knew that if he had to tell her something in the command center and with Hux, it had to be something about The First Order. She patiently waited, standing there in front of both of them. She was anxious for what they were going to say to her.

What do they want from me? They never ask for my presence. Not since I was working for them.

"You might be wondering why we asked for your presence here, Atlas," Kylo said as if he had just read her mind. "You have shown great progress in your training. You have excelled immensely in your force training and combat training."

Where is he going with this?

"And it would be a great honor for you to accept our offer which is to join The First Order. To rule beside Ren and I and the members here," General Hux continued.

Atlas was shocked. What more could he ask from her? She had already agreed to training with him. She had nothing to give to The First Order. She would give absolutely nothing. So why would he want her to join him? The First Order. It was strange to see someone so powerful and feared to seek out someone like Atlas. But the galaxy is full of strange things.

Kylo held outs his hand for her to take. And she wanted to take it so bad but she knew she couldn't. Her heart wouldn't let her. She loved Leia and the Resistance, that evil and the First Order would be against her loving her family; Leia. She stared at his palm; and it hit her. A sudden vision took up everything in her mind. She saw the same girl she saw in her dream; herself. She saw her upon a village of people. She slaughtered hundreds of people; young and old. She couldn't believe that this was her.

No it couldn't be. Atlas was a caring person; always putting other people's needs in front of her own. This couldn't be her. The girl she saw was too ruthless. Too evil. Too dark. Atlas was full of light. Atlas was the person to make soup and food and bring them to the injured members of the Resistance. She was the one that cried every time she saw a poor animal die. She was the shoulder that everyone could cry on.

The girl she saw in the village was ruthless. She was evil. She showed no sympathy to others. She was numb to everyone hurting around her. She was emotionless. It couldn't be Atlas.

Atlas broke connection with her vision and continued to stare at Kylo's hand and then back at him.

"No." It was simple, fast, and efficient. It did the job and that was all it took for her to leave the room. She no longer wanted to be with Kylo. She knew who he was, even if she saw the good in him. He was Commander Ren. The man that didn't care who died. Then man who took over his grandfather's legacy. The man who killed his own father in cold blood. The man who never felt love.

She stormed out of the room and roamed the hallways. As she walked, tiny fragments of the vision she saw appeared in her mind; reminding her that this was who she was going to become. But she knew that this couldn't be. She knew what she was. And that girl she saw was definitely not her. She stayed wondering about that. How that there was no way that this was her fate; her destiny. No. She couldn't allow it. She made an oath to herself that she couldn't become like who she saw. She promised that she would stay with the Resistance, and be with Leia always.

She walked back to Kylo's personal quarters and stayed in the living room. She sat in the lounge chair, staring at lit fireplace. She kept thinking about what she had to offer. To the First Order. She kept going with that until she zoned out. She was now in a completely different world. Her senses were completely gone; only her eyes fixed on the flame. It was mesmerizing. She felt the warmth coming off from the flame onto her. The Finalizer was a cold place. It was ice cold. It was full of hate and darkness. And the flame was the only thing keeping her warm. It reminded her when she was back at the base. It wasn't that the planet was warms, it was the Resistance that made her warm. The Resistance was her only family. They saved her when she was just six when the stormtroopers were going to kill her.

She thought about how she got here. What did she do that was so bad that she had to stay here? All she could've said to avoid all of this was a simple "no" to Leia when she assigned her this mission. But Atlas was too excited. Anyone would be excited if they were assigned their first mission as a spy. She was too oblivious to what was to come. She overlooked everything that was wrong about the First Order. For goodness sake, she was falling in love with a murderer!

She stayed wondering about all those things, staring at the fire. But she felt his presence. She felt his body near the doorway, staring at her. But she didn't move. She stayed absolutely still. She knew he was there but did nothing about it.

It wasn't until she felt him start walking towards her.

He saw her sitting all alone in that chair, staring at the flames. He saw everything she was thinning of. He felt her breaking as if he was breaking himself. It hurt him seeing her in this state of emotional pain. It made hurt that the First Order was slowly breaking her. But one thing she didn't know that he did was that The Resistance would hurt her even more.