.[16].

In the training room with Kylo, she ignited her brand new lightsaber. I don't know what I'm doing with this. I can seriously hurt someone with this...or worse. She held it in her grip, feeling everything it held: power, passion, hate. It all transferred onto her from the saber itself. All that was heard from the training room was the gentle humming coming from both Kylo's and Atlas's lightsaber, for Kylo too ignited his. He was going to teach her basic moves with the saber.

"We start with a basic spin," he then does a basic spin with his saber. "This will give you momentum when you need to strike. Now repeat." Atlas studied the movement of his hand as he spun the lightsaber. And carefully, she did the same with hers.

"Good. Now this one is a little more complicated." He then does a basic spin then he spins the lightsaber in front of him then does the same in the back. "But I know you can do it." He knew this because he saw her do it. He saw her do this exact same spin with her own lightsaber in the future. He saw her do it on battlefields and in duels. And it brought satisfaction.

Once she finished, she looked at her saber, surprised at herself. She never thought she'd be able to do it. She looked at her saber with such wonder. This means everything to me. This lightsaber.

Kylo looked at her like she looked at her lightsaber. With such wonder. With such satisfaction. With such hope... With such love. He shook the thought of it. He wasn't supposed to feel this way. He was supposed to be feared. But he felt that she didn't fear him. He felt that she had hope for him. Hope that he would stop this breaking and hurting inside of him. This was simply impossible for him.

Atlas broke eye contact with her saber and moved onto Kylo. She saw him look at her like she looked at her own lightsaber. Her heart started to flutter. He's a monster. Dont feel this way. You're gonna end up hurt. She tried to remind herself this. That he wasn't capable of loving. So why would she even try loving him? She looked away, feeling ashamed of herself. And so did Kylo. He also felt ashamed. No. Disappointed. He felt disappointed. He was trying to convert her into the Dark Side; and loving isn't a part of the package. He killed his own father. How could he ever be able to love? It was impossible. The feeling towards one another had to go away. It was unacceptable in The First Order.

"I think we're done for today. You did good for your first time training with a lightsaber. Go get some rest and we start again tomorrow." Kylo said this and left the training room, still her in thought.

Atlas watched him as he left the room. She watched his muscles move in his broad shoulders in his white tunic as he walked out with such confidence. She watched him as he peeled off the velcro off his gloves with precision with his delicate touch.

She sat on the bench, palms on her face. She thought about everything he did to her; everything he made her feel. She hated this feeling. She hated feeling like he was everything she's ever wanted. She didn't want to feel like the mistress of his love. A love that didn't exist. Her mind was scrambled with thoughts. Thoughts that meant nothing to him. A silly crush. It means nothing. She repeated this in her mind the entire time she sat there. She must've sat there for 20 minutes before a few stormtroopers came in to start there training. Her eyes started to water with an overwhelming feeling rising from the pit of her stomach.

She quickly brushed the tears away and headed back to her room.

She entered the refresher and let the water drip down her head, washing all the sweat. She let the water flow every thought out of her. Leaving her with a blank and fresh mind.

You're already too far in, Atlas. There's no going back now.

It was that same voice she heard when she was at the base. The same voice that would give her "advice." But it wasn't the voice with the heavy breathing. No; that was Darth Vader. This one's different. Darth Vaders' voice was full of hate and anger. This one was full of light and care.