.[23].

This was it. This is what was coming since the day she stepped foot on the Finalizer. This is what she was destined to do.

"Where are they," Kylo said in a hurry.

"I believe that they will come through the hangar, sir. But we already have back up there."

Kylo looked back at Atlas, hoping that she heard what he had heard.

"Come Atlas."

As they both speed walked, Kylo was saying "Atlas, I'm sure that the Resistance fighters are in the Hangar. But remember, without Leia, they have no lead. So our target is Leia. And if she is as smart as everyone claims to be, she will come at a different approach. But we are smarter."

"Of course Kylo." She said this softly. The complete opposite of what she was going to do.

For some reason, Atlas saying his name made him feel a certain way. A way that he has never ever felt before. It made him feel not full of hatred. And that was exactly what he needed after years of hatred consuming his mind.

As they walked to the bridge, a couple of resistance fighters were on the same path. Immediately, they put their guns up and Kylo and Atlas ignited their fiery lightsaber. The fighters started to shoot, but they blocked them with the lightsabers. It would be no surprise that the old Atlas knew these fighters, but the new Atlas found them unrecognizable. Each time the laser bullets hit the red lightsabers, sparks went flying all around them. As Atlas held off the bullets, Kylo took this chance to impale them. And just like that, the shooting stopped and their lifeless bodies laid on the floor.

"Are You alright, Atlas?" He came rushing towards her to see if everything was okay.

"Yeah, Im fine," she lied. Kylo noticed that a laser bullet had grazed her skin on her fore arm, making it bleed. He felt sorry for Atlas. Not just for the injury, but for everything else that happened in her life. But they had to move on.

They kept on walking the halls, Atlas putting pressure on the injury.

They finally reached the bridge. Kylo stayed behind, this was her fight. She didn't need Kylo there interfering. So Atlas had told him to stay back. And if it was necessary, watch. She touched the side of her hip, just to check if her lightsaber was still there. A reminder of power.

She walked along the bridge, envisioning Leia walking towards her. Finally taking down the Resistance.

"Atlas!!," a voice screamed. It made Atlas stop in her track. She was the predator eyeing out her prey.

Atlas turned around to find her one and only mother figure. The one who had lied to her for most of her life. The one who tucked her in every night and comforted her every time she had a nightmare. The one who she was proud to call her mom.

"Leia Organa." She said this in a stern voice. Trying not to show any emotion towards her. Whether it was happiness, sadness, or anger. "It's been a long time."

Leia walked closer to Atlas on the bridge. The only sound heard was the noise of Leia's boots clanking on the metal.

"Leave this all behind, Atlas. And let's go home. I want my daughter back." Leia had sad eyes. This was never meant to happen.

"You're daughter is gone," Atlas spat, "she was weak and foolish like her mother. So I destroyed her."

"That's What Kylo wants you to believe. But it's not true. My daughter is alive," she said as walked towards Atlas.

"No. The Commander is wise."

"Kylo is using you for your powers," she said as she walked closer and closer. "And when he gets what he wants, he'll crush you." She finally came to a stop right in front of Atlas. "You know it's true."

"No. You crushed me. You lied to me my entire life. Made me believe that my parents were out there, looking for me. Instead, they're now ashes, dust."

"Atlas. I did it to protect you. You were too young to know the truth. It would have crushed you." There was so much emotion in Leia's eyes; it almost made Atlas sorry for her. "Come with me. Leave this all behind."

"It's too late."

"No it's not. Leave here with me, come on." She came even closer to Atlas. "I miss you."

Atlas's eyes began to water. She never doubted that Leia loved her. She took care of her for years. "I'm being torn apart." This was partially true. She was being torn between the light side and the dark side. Her voice began to break. "I want to be free of this pain...I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it." Her nose began to run. "Will you help me."

"Of course, Atlas. Yes, anything."

Leia searched her eyes. Anything of forgiveness. That was all that was needed for this war to end.

Atlas unhitched her lightsaber from her waist belt and held it in front of them. Both were looking at it. She held the lightsaber out towards Leia, and she grabbed it. All the lights around the room grew red. This was it. This was the moment that they dreamed of. The descendants of the Jedi to be gone.

Atlas pressed the button to ignite it and immediately pierced Leia through the stomach. She made noises of pain as Atlas dug it farther into Leia's now frail body. "Thank you," Atlas said breathlessly, eyes full of anger. And yanked the lightsaber back out.

Leia's eyes were wide of disbelief and pain. She couldn't believe that the child she had raised and cared for was trying to kill her. But she understood. She placed her palm on Atlas's cheek, and wiped a tear away from her eyes.

And now her lifeless and frail body plunged down into the unknown of the bridge below.