.[24].

~Suggested Song for This Chapter~ As the world caves in~ Matt Maltese~

As she watched the only person she truly loved fall to their death, it suddenly hit her. Atlas had a moment of realization. What have I done? Never in her life had she thought she would do something so cruel. With tears in her eyes, she fell to her knees. That wasn't until she heard a loud Wookiee sound. She looked up to find a Wookiee and...Finn? It was probably her imagination. She did have tears in her eyes, after all, her vision wasn't clear. She rubbed her eyes more and Finn was definitely there.

"You should've came with me," Finn yelled.

"I wasn't in the right head space." Tears filled her vision, and her lips quivered.

"I'm sorry, Atlas," he said.

That was when she saw him grab the Wookiee's bow caster and point it at her. And in a flash of a second, he pulled the trigger and the next thing she knows, the metal quarrel was interjected into her abdomen. The pain and shock shot up to her head. She had never felt physical pain like this. This was unlike anything she had ever felt before. She fell on her back. She had no more strength in her body to keep herself up.

In her peripheral vision, she saw someone sprint to her. She didn't have enough strength in her body to turn her head to see who it was. But she didn't need to do that. She already knew who it was. With tears that blurred her vision, she saw the dark figure run towards her. And soon enough, the figure got close enough that she can see its face. Kylo?

Surprisingly, someone who she thought didn't care for her at all, someone who thought would be cruel enough to watch her die, someone who she lived with in his personal quarters for months, someone who she shared her traumas and troubles with, was running towards her with full speed.

He immediately knelt down beside Atlas. He gently placed his palm behind her neck to support her limp body. He had never felt so many emotions at once. He didn't want her to go away like this. He was just starting to understand his feelings towards her. This just wasn't the way things were supposed to end. He eventually had tears in his eyes as well. And truth is, he wasn't afraid anymore. He wasn't afraid that his emotions were showing. His entire life, he never showed any sort of emotion towards anyone. That was what Snoke had taught him.

He stood beside her, tears in his eyes, heart full of regret. He regretted everything that he had done to her. He regretted humiliating her. He regretted hurting her. He regretted manipulating her. He regretted telling her about her parents. Because he knew if he hadn't told her about her parents, this would've never had happened.

He kept close to her. He whispered sweet nothings to comfort her as the life inside if her slowly left.

"Come here, it's okay. I've got you." He wiped away a tear from her cheek as she slowly closed her eyes. "They will remember us; all of them. We won't be forgotten."

He slowly leaned his face towards her, both faces full of tears, sweat, and blood; the perfect mixture of war. He gently grabbed her limp lifeless hand and placed it on his cheek, just to assure him that she was alright. That she was going to be okay. He placed his pink lips and grazed it on hers. His wet eyelashes skimmed the surface of her damp cheeks. And he gently put more pressure onto their first kiss...and sadly, their last.

For the first time, he smiled when they parted. He truly smiled. This was it. He was no longer bound to be the cruel, ruthless, and evil Kylo Ren. No. He was someone else. He was truly himself. The one that enjoyed life. The one that was grateful to have everything he had. He was grateful that he had met and loved Atlas.

But all of that came to an end when a sudden rush of pain had hit him in his back. He knew all of this had to come to an end. Finn had shot him too. And as much as he wanted to fight. Fight for justice; justice for Atlas, he knew fate had brought this upon him. That this is what was coming to the day he was born. So he didn't fight. He accepted everything that has happened to him.

He gently placed Atlas's now deceased body down on the blood covered floor. And he did the same. He felt his heart beating slower by the second. There was nothing he could do now. He laid there beside Atlas; the one he was now proud to say that he loved, and slowly held her cold hand and warmed it with his. With every bit of warmth he had within him.

As he accepted this, he starred into nothingness and said "I'm sorry it had to end like this...But I wouldn't want anyone else by my side."

He held her hand with as much strength that he had inside of him. And rested his eyes closed. He watched as the universe and galaxy around him caved in. And eventually, the heart that was filled with hatred and evilness, the heart that was known as the heart that can never love was finally put to rest and beat its last beat.

And there it was, the two beings who thought would never love, hand in hand. The love that was never meant to be. The stars were aligned for this moment. The suns of planets shone for this moment. This was meant to be this way. And there was no better way to be put to rest.