Chapter 2

"AAAAAAAHHHHH OW OW OW!!!" soobin screeched when a cat suddenly attacked him.

"Oh! DOWN DUSTY DOWN!!" hueningkai stopped the cat from attacking soobin on the way in his house.

The cat calmed down and Soobin sat at the table, checking his scratches.

"I'm sorry, he's had bad memories with people breaking in here. He's a stray that comes to eat. I guess he's kind of adopted himself here."

Hueningkai was embarrassed that his house was such a mess. It was in the middle of the woods. About thirty minutes walking to town.

Soobin didn't mind, the farther away from people, the farther he would be from getting caught.

Soobin smiled at hueningkais home, it looked exactly like what a homeless kid would make to live in. Like a play house in the forest.

"It's not the best, but it hides both of us." Hueningkai offered soobin some water from a vase he had on the counter.

"Thank you." Soobin gave a polite bow and took the water.

"You don't have to be so polite, were friends now." Hueningkai smiled at the prince taking sips of his water because it was warm.

It was nice to have a guest that was in the same situation as him. He couldn't trust anyone unless he had blackmail on them. Since soobin was in the same situation, it was comfortable, and way less lonely.

"You kind of bumped into me when I was going to get lunch, do you mind skipping lunch?" Hueningkai felt bad he didn't have any food at his place.

"I can trade my coat at the market for food if you want, we can simply wear some cloaks if you have any?"

Hueningkai shot the prince down quickly. "No no no, I don't want your money. We can go pick some fruit from the forest?" Hueningkai offered, grabbing a basket off of his bed.

Soobin had never not had food served to him on a silver platter, forest food from his own hands sounded very....strange. He was famished though, so he decided he had no choice.

Hueningkai took his silence as a yes and walked outside, soobin following him.

"I know there's a strawberry bush around here somewhere." Hueningkai walked along the forest path, looking at the plants.

Soobin examined the boy again, his feet were wrapped with cloth instead of shoes, and his legs were bruised all over. He liked the freedom that Hueningkai had out here in the forest, he must've had many stories to tell.

Soobin wanted to ask where he got the wounds, why he was living like this, why he was wanted, but knew that it was rude of a pampered prince who ran away. Hueningkai must find him ungrateful.

"Don't pick that!" Soobin tried to stop Hueningkai but Hueningkai had already been pricked by the plant.

"Owwww....." Hueningkai bit his finger and blew on it. He hated looking for food, he would much rather take the scraps at the market.

Soobin was surprised that the boy didn't know what plants to pick or not, you'd think someone who lives in the forest would know.

"We can eat tomorrow, we won't starve without one meal." Soobin took hueningkais hand to examine it.

"Let's go back to your cabin." Soobin stopped before walking forward.

"Can I carry you? Your feet will get hurt if you keep walking around in cloth." Soobin looked at the boys feet and expected some fighting with Hueningkai over the matter.

Instead, the boy happily hopped on soobins back, hugging around his neck.

"My dad used to carry me like this all the time! Thanks soobin." Hueningkai smiled happily swinging his feet when soobin started to walk.

Soobin was taken aback by someone calling his name instead of 'your highness'. It felt nice to have someone who didn't want anything from you.

"Think of it as thanks for letting me hide here for tonight." Soobin opened hueningkais door with his free hand and set Hueningkai down on the floorboards.

"You could stay longer, I don't mind the company. You could even help me out, you seem like you're smart." Hueningkai went over to a bowl of water to wash his hands.

"I'll relay your kindness then. You only have one bed, do you mind sleeping with me?" Soobin questioned the boy.

"Not at all! It gets cold at night anyway we'll be warmer together." Hueningkai took off his wraps over his feet and laid on his bed, making room for soobin.

Soobin laid next to the stranger but felt way more comfortable In the uncomfortable bed with a stranger, rather than watched all night in a luxurious bed.

"So...I've been avoiding asking until you were comfortable, but why'd you run away from the castle?" Hueningkai couldn't hide his curiosity any longer.

"I've been wondering about youre story too. If we exchange questions and answers, maybe we could trust eachother more." Soobin turned around to face the boy laying beside him.

"That's a funny way to say you want to be my friend. Ok you go first." Hueningkai laughed and waited for soobins first question.

"Why are you wanted?" Soobin started with the most obvious question to ask. Surprisingly Hueningkai didn't seem bothered to answer it.

"I saw something I shouldn't have." Hueningkais smile slightly wavered but he asked his first question.

"Why'd you run from the castle?" He repeated with eager eyes like a puppy asking for a treat. It was kinda cute.

"My dad remarried, I'll get training for becoming king soon when I haven't even lived my youth yet. So I ran away. I know, ungrateful right?" Soobin looked sadly at the boy opposite from him.

"What? It's not ungrateful of you. Everyone has their own problems.  Just because you're a prince doesn't excuse you from being human. If anyone calls you spoiled, they haven't put up with your problems." Hueningkai gave a smile when soobin looked like a surprised bunny.

"Sorry, too personal?" Hueningkai covered his face a little shy from soobin just staring at him like that.

"No no it's just that no one has told me that before. Only the 'you're spoiled and ungrateful' part." Soobin felt touched at hueningkais way of thinking. He didn't think anyone in the world would be on his side. A spoiled prince wouldn't get any sympathy.