Chapter 45

March 23rd

One day until this short-noticed wedding. They would most likely start decorating today. At least not seeing the bride was a tradition, so soobin wouldn't have to meet this Yeji. Not if he managed to cancel the wedding.

"Are you ok? I got a little carried away...I'm sorry." Soobin came out of the bathroom to see Hueningkai eating from a tray of food.

"Sore, my neck might as well be entirely purple, thanks to you." Hueningkai gave a glare and drank from the grape juice that had been brought in on the breakfast tray.

"Did you go down and get us food?" Soobin didn't remember ordering breakfast for them.

"A maid brought it, don't you want yours?" Hueningkai smiled and wiggled a bite of the pancake in front of soobins mouth.

Soobin only groaned and shook his head no. "I can't eat thinking about any way to get out of this." Soobin sat beside Hueningkai and ruffled his hair as he ate his pancakes and drank his grape juice. Cute.

"Are you sure you can do it?" Hueningkai gave an adorably concerned face with the fork still in his mouth.

Soobin felt bad for reminding Hueningkai that he was betrothed to another tomorrow.

"I'll figure it out...don't worry gum enjoy your breakfast in bed, I'm going to talk to the king." Soobin stood and ruffled hueningkais hair one more time before planting a kiss on the crown of his head.

Hueningkai flushed lightly and gave soobins belly a brief rub before he left, waving him out the door.

"You look astonishing." Taehyun tightened the sash around beomgyus waist as beomgyu pulled his white gloves on and stared into the mirror.

"I should be wearing this at our wedding......"beomgyu couldn't bring himself out of the dark cloud he was in after their talk.

"Hey....I'm sure soobin is already working on a plan, I'll go talk with him. We'll work things out, no one is going to make you do anything your highness." Taehyun leaned his head on beomgyus shoulder, hugging him from behind into the mirror.

"I trust you....but I hate even pretending like I'm going to get married..." Beomgyu felt disgusting looking at himself in the mirror, dressed to marry someone else right in front of Taehyun. Even if it was only to try on the suit, it felt wrong.

Everything felt wrong, something wasn't right, everything was too, too choreographed against them.

Beomgyu looked at the rings on the stand by the clothing rack. The wedding dress was in the next room, but the rings were kept in the princes dressing room, it was odd but beomgyu had the sudden urge to try something.

"Give me your hand." Beomgyu smiled and stepped off the platform, grabbing the two rings.

"What- beomgyu...don't....oh my God you're embarrassing-" Taehyun scoffed and tried to hide his smile at beomgyus cheesiness with his hand.

Beomgyu only turned pink and happily kneeled. This, this was what it should be like.

"Kang Taehyun! Will you marry me?" Beomgyu gave his widest grin and displayed the ring outward to Taehyuns hand.

Taehyun tried to rip his hand away, but the butterflies were holding him back. Instead, he just pulled beomgyu in by the sash and let him have his cute moment, staring at their hands like a happy baby bear.

Beomgyus smile had a bittersweetness in it, which Taehyun was sad to say was there more and more often nowadays.

Taehyun brushed his thumb over beomgyus soft cheek, admiring how his long lashes drifted upward to look at Taehyun.

Beomgyu was growing more and more pink, waiting for Taehyun to finally say something about maybe proposing to him, like Hueningkai and Soobin. Once soobin proposed to Hueningkai the thought of marriage seemed to become an option.

It had never crossed his mind but once he saw how happy Hueningkai and Soobin had been about getting engaged, he slowly started imagining a wedding with Taehyun. 

However, all his wishful thinking was cut short.

"I never said I wanted to marry you, stubborn princes aren't really my type." Taehyun pretended to make a disgusted face.

Beomgyu gave a sharp yelp of emotional wounding  and smacked Taehyuns shoulder, making him run around the room trying to defend himself.

"KANG TAEHYUN IM GOING TO KILL YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Beomgyu froze when the door opened to the dressing room.

Oh shit....Taehyun isnt supposed to be here- nor wearing a matching ring with me-

Hueningkai gently swayed his feet in the air as he tried to practice handwriting on the notes that soobin left.

Hueningkai couldn't help but get bored of what was essentially homework and doodled on the margins of the paper.

"A bunny for soobss....and a penguin for me!" Hueningkai smiled to himself as he tried to perfect the little doodle.

He had to stop when his stomach gurgled, feeling uncomfortable. Hueningkai furrowed his brows and sat up, thinking maybe he had been on his stomach too long.

Grabbing his stomach he say for a few minutes trying to see if maybe it was a cramp.

"About time that kicked in."  Hueningkai turned to see who had said the sentence, netting face to face with a very familiar unfriendly face.

The man seemed to be as shocked to see hueningkais face as Hueningkai was to see him.

"No way...this job just keeps getting better- is it my luck or what little runaway.." the man smirked and approached Hueningkai.

Hueningkai processed what was going on when his head felt funny,  the room was spinning and he tried to stand, but fell.

"No- GO AWAY!! GET OUT!!" Hueningkai was now terrified and started throwing whatever he could get his hands on. A lamp. The notebook. A shoe.

"Now now, is that anyway to greet an old friend? We were really close back when you were a slave for us weren't we?" The man took a firm grip onto hueningkais leg as he tried to crawl away under the bed.

"SOOBIN!!! NO- LET- AAHN!!-" Hueningkai whimpered as he tried to cling to the bottom of the bed post, trying to hide under the bed still.

Hueningkai was too weakened and his hands could no longer grip the bed post, but his nails left scratch marks along it as he got dragged away.

He grabbed the rug, knowing it would just pull with him, but hoping for anything to help him.

"Soobin.....where...are you?-" Hueningkai tried to scream more but his screams became quiet until his head hit the floor, unconscious.

"Damn. You have a strong immune system kid." The man scoffed and grabbed hueningkais face by his cheeks, turning him over to look at him.

"Someone try to kill you while you were away?" The scar across hueningkais shoulder and collarbone looked fresh, and gave the man a brief summary of some of the events that had happened since Hueningkai escaped his slave trailer.

"This will be more enjoyable than I thought. I'll tell the others you're no longer a problem while they kill the stable hand and the princes tomorrow. Sleep well Hueningkai."

The man's laugh was sick, but he was truly happy to have Hueningkai in his clutches again. Who knew that taking someone from the castle would be this easy?