Chapter 18

"Never again." Beomgyu complained for the 12th time while going up the stairs.

The dinner had finished with introductions, a few stories from the king and silence. Awkward unbearable silence.

Now Taehyun was bringing beomgyu back to his room, he thought It was kind of cute how the princes acted like two five year olds fighting over a toy.

"Thank you for staying there. It was a bit more bearable." Beomgyus last line from his rambling complaints was actually kind of sweet. Taehyun felt...happy?...flattered?...he didn't know.

"Alright your highness...tonight I will have to leave you for a bit." Taehyun set beomgyu on his bed.

"What? Why?" Beomgyu sat up again after hearing Taehyun wouldnt be staying with him. He grabbed Taehyuns hand gently asking him to stay without words.

"Aww his highness has grown attatched to me hm? Its only for a short while to check on the stables, I'll be back." Taehyun never lied, so beomgyu trusted his word and let go.

"You trust me to stay alone?" Beomgyu asked a new question.

"Well..it's not like you'd get far." Taehyun pointed to beomgyus ankle with a cocky expression.

"Oh shut up! Fine go I hope I'm asleep by the time you get here so I don't have to see you." Beomgyu huffed and turned over. He thought maybe Taehyun was trusting him to stay alone, but Taehyun ruined the moment. Again.

Taehyun sighed a small laugh and leaned over the bed, whispering to the prince since he wasn't facing him.

"Don't run away ok? It's a promise." Taehyun stood up when beomgyu only nodded, without any words or noises.

Taehyun stepped on the edge of a paper beside beomgyus bed, picking up the paper on his way out.

It's the letter I assigned to beomgyu...but it's addressed to me?

"Father....I can tell you exactly where the house is, the cat isn't very friendly but I would be extremely grateful! I'd do anything!" Soobin begged while following his father to his study after the family dinner.

"If I get you the damned forest cat, you'll do your lessons? Willingly?" The king turned and stopped, crossing his arms to soobin.

"Yes! I'll even do extra!" soobin smiled, glad he was finally getting somewhere convincing his dad.

"Fine. I'll send a group of guards to retrieve the cat in the morning. In return, you have extra fencing lessons tomorrow, since you decided to skip them today."

Soobin beamed, he finally won the argument."THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH DAD I LOVE YOU!!" soobin gave his father a bunny hug before taking off down the halls to deliver the good news to Hueningkai.

The king smiled watching one of his sons bouncing with joy down the hallway. He may not trust the forest boy soobin brought with him, but he appreciated the fact that he could make his son smile again.

All the time he hadn't spent bonding with soobin had always weighed down on the king. He thought a family might've helped soobin, but it made him run away. At least he found what he was looking for by doing so.

Soobin turned a corner and bumped into Hueningkai, escorted by yeonjun. It wasn't weird to see yeonjun with him, since yeonjun guarded the princes corridor.

Yeonjun was supposed to be guarding outside though, so it was weird this time.

"What? Kai what are you doing here?" Soobin caught his breath from running. Luckily, he didn't have to run up the stairs and met Hueningkai in the hallway.

"He said he was worried about you, and wouldn't stop yelling from the balcony to come let him out. So I went up there to escort him to you." Yeonjun felt embarrassed just remembering it.

Hueningkai had yelled the only other name he knew. 'yeonjun' was shouted countless times. The other guards' started teasing yeonjun that he had a girlfriend calling for him, so he went to silence Kai's screaming.

"Now that you're with him, I have to go back to my post." Yeonjun sighed a sigh of relief, handing off Hueningkai to soobin.

"What's wrong? You screamed for yeonjun to bring you to me?" Soobin didn't see any injuries on Hueningkai, so at least it wasn't pain. His leg had healed enough to walk on, but he probably didn't know where the dining hall was and needed navigation.

"I heard voices in the halls, they kept coming up and down the hall just talking, It was creepy so I wanted to know it you were alright. You didn't come back after your dinner." Hueningkai gave a sad look to soobin. He had waited patiently.

"Ah...I'm sorry Kai I went to ask my dad something, it's a surprise! You'll see it tomorrow morning." Soobin grinned at merely imaging the happiness Hueningkai would feel with dusty here.

     Taehyun is really not all that bad, he takes me to lessons, teaches me stuff, and doesn't let me do whatever just because I'm a prince now.
     It makes me feel more at home like in the village.
    Taehyun if you're reading this, you're a bossy jerk, but that's a good thing. I would never switch assistants.
                       -Beomgyu.

Taehyun scoffed, already deeming the letter an F for being prince worthy to send. The sentiment written was touching though.

"Stubborn..." Taehyun folded up the failed letter and kept it in his pocket as he finished switching out fresh hay in the horse stalls.

Aengdu nudged her face against Taehyuns pocket, ignoring the hay Taehyun had given her.

Taehyun laughed and pulled the letter out again. "You smell him? Sorry he took you out without permission." Taehyun ran his hand down Aengdu's mane. Silently thanking her for not killing the prince.

Taehyun pocketed the letter again. This time giving aengdu a secret treat from a bucket.

"Good horsey...he's not so bad huh? He can ride with us again soon." Taehyun was startled along with aengdu when a group of guards seemed in a frenzy.

Taehyun shut Aengdu's stall, rushing past to try and see what all of the commotion was about this late at night.

"The princes quarters have been breached, securing prince soobin and prince beomgyus safety is first priority!!"