Chapter 17

Soobin remembered his not so friendly encounter with dusty the cat. Hueningkai really seemed to love the cat though.

"Will we be stuck in the castle? Could I go see her?" Hueningkai was now giving puppy eyes to soobin.

Soobin didn't know how to break it to Kai when he was begging so cutely.....

"You won't be able to leave the castle." Yeonjun came up to the two, letting Hueningkai down harshly as he set a plate of dessert for Hueningkai, soobin had asked him to help plan the date.

Yeonjun didn't realize he had worded it so harshly to Hueningkai because Hueningkai was now tearing up.

"A-ah I mean you could leave...maybe in a year or two? The king might allow it!" Yeonjun frantically tried to get the youngest to stop crying.

Soobin glared daggers into yeonjun, signalling for him to go before he made it worse.

Yeonjun, obliged and left the crying boy with the prince.

"Hey...listen maybe less than a year? Don't cry....." Soobin scooped some cake onto a fork, offering Hueningkai the dessert.

Hueningkai sniffled and opened his mouth, allowing soobin to feed him.

"But winter's coming, what if dusty dies before I get to see her?" Hueningkai was still gently crying. He maybe thought it was more than just about the cat, but couldn't put his finger on what he was crying about. So many things.

"Hey hey....I'm..don't worry ok? I'll see what I can do about it, don't cry you'll choke." Soobin was at a kiss for what to do and instead gently hugged Hueningkai, earning a tight hug back.

Soobin hated that he felt happy with a crying Hueningkai hugging him, but it really felt like hueningkai could rely on him now. He relied on Hueningkai just as much.

"Your highness, we'd like you to meet your brother, my apologies for the interruption.

"Young prince." Yeonjun called, knocking on beomgyus door. Taehyun stopped writing at the desk to answer it for beomgyu, since his ankle and wrist were still healing.

"Yes?" Beomgyu set his paper aside with the pen as yeonjun approached him.

"The king requests that you and Prince Soobin attend dinner together." Yeonjun bowed, politely delivering the message.

"Right now? He's healing, can't we reschedule?" Taehyun didn't want beomgyu to walk all the way to the castles dining hall just to meet soobin.

"I could carry him there, or perhaps a chair cart could be brought?" Yeonjun offered beomgyu a few options. None of which were 'not having to attend dinner.'

"Could Taehyun come? I'll only go if Taehyun takes me." Beomgyus bold statement surprised Taehyun.

"He can take you, but about staying there, you'll have to ask the king." Yeonjun left the room, having finished his mission he now has to return to guarding.

Until the rumors died down, he and all the other guards' were very busy, there were so many outside that only one or two guards wandered the large hallways of the castle interior.

"You really want me to take you? You won't eat the food and you don't want to talk to them." Taehyun was confused why beomgyu had agreed to go without a fight.

"If you don't want to then I won't go." Beomgyu huffed and buried himself under the blankets of the bed, knocking his letter and pen onto the floor.

Taehyun scoffed. He hid just like when they first met in this room and he still hasn't learned? Taehyun was brutally honest and didn't hesitate.

Beomgyu smiled under the blankets when he heard Taehyuns footsteps coming closer, before pulling the blanket off of beomgyu.

"Your highness, usually you fight with me why are you being so cooperative? Do you not feel well?" Taehyun checked beomgyus temperature, careful not to hurt his wrist.

Beomgyu glared and swatted Taehyuns hand away. "I can be nice too you know. Jeez." Beomgyu turned around, giving Taehyun the cold shoulder.

"There's the bratty prince I know. Here...I was just messing around." Taehyun laughed and kneeled at the bedside, turning around to offer his back.

Beomgyu slid to the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms over Taehyuns shoulders, planting himself on Taehyuns back.

Once Taehyun felt beomgyu against his back, he placed his hands on the bottom of beomgyus thighs, hoisting him up into a piggyback ride.

"Your going to go in your night clothes?" Taehyun brushed his thumb over the bare skin of beomgyus thigh, noticing the lack of proper clothing.

"No, if they wanted me to dress up they should've specifically said so." Beomgyu smiled and leaned his head on Taehyuns shoulder, trying not to laugh at the tickling feeling of taehyuns hand on his thigh.

"Alright, if you get yelled at it isn't my fault." Taehyun left the room, having beomgyu reach down and close the door.

"For not eating anything the kitchen makes you, you're heavy." Taehyun hoisted beomgyu up again, feeling him slipping a bit from the steps down the staircase.

"My legs are really strong, call me fat and I'm going to crush your stomach with them." Beomgyu growled at the insult.

"I didn't say you're fat, I said you're heavy. Two different things your highness." Taehyun tried to hide his little smirk when he felt beomgyu lean his head against Taehyuns shoulder again.

Taehyun opened one of the two large doors to the diningroom as he laid his eyes on soobin, the queen, and the king.

"Why is beomgyu on your back?" The king's voice immediately made beomgyu feel anxious to leave.

"He got injured during a riding lesson, he should heal in a few days." Taehyuns calm confident response gave beomgyu a little relief. He didn't have to answer.

Taehyun walked to the seat made for beomgyu, pulled it out, and gently helped beomgyu onto it.

"You're in your pajamas?" Beomgyus mother noticed and felt embarrassed that beomgyu came to meet soobin dressed in such a way.

"I couldn't change, short notice." Beomgyus tone was obviously hostile. He in no way was looking to please the other prince.

"Taehyun, thank you for escorting him. Care to join us for dinner?" The king smiled fondly at Taehyun, before gesturing to a kitchen staff to pull out a chair for him beside beomgyu.

Soobin gripped his fork, trying to stay composed. His father would allow Taehyun to eat with them, but told Hueningkai to wait in soobins room?? So only his fancy trained toys could eat with them?

"Soobin, why don't you go first?" His step mother was trying to start up a conversation to bond the family.

"I'm the first prince. Choi Soobin. It's a pleasure to meet you beomgyu." Soobin shared the same look of uncomfortableness as beomgyu did. Neither wanted to be here. This is not how they should've met.

"Really? Because it sounded like you ran away the day I came to the-" beomgyus muttering was stopped by Taehyun.

"He's a bit shy, forgive him." Taehyun didn't want the king and queen to snap at the princes. The dinner atmosphere was already tense.

"I'm the second prince.....Choi Beomgyu." Beomgyu forced the words through his teeth.

Taehyun then gripped beomgyus thigh from under the table. Making beomgyu slightly jump.

"It's an honor to meet you." Beomgyu faked a smile, swatting Taehyuns hand under the table.