Chapter 4

Soobin hoped that Hueningkai liked grapes, he had forgotten to ask the boy what he liked, but since he ate food from the trash he didn't think he'd mind.

Soobin had used his coat as a trade and now had plenty of food to bring to the cabin, he walked in. Feeling like he just walked into his new home.

"Kai I'm back I brought the food." Soobin didn't see Hueningkai in the room. He figured he maybe went out to pee.

Soobin set the basket of food on the table and saw the plant drawings Kai had done, he must've gone outside as a reference because soobin could recognize what plants they were.

Soobin sighed under the counter and grabbed a pot, putting the fruit inside of it. He could dig a hole to put it in the cold ground later.

Soobin heard groaning from outside and perked up, running to the door to see if Kai had come back.

"Hey Hueningkai, welcome back I bought food I hope you like grapes and bread." Soobin greeted the boy with a smile, the smile soon fell when he saw Hueningkai sweating and walking funny.

"Kai? Are you alright?" Soobin now started to worry a bit for his new friend.

"Mm-n not hungry." Hueningkai mumbled, walking past soobin inside.

Soobin grabbed hueningkais arm and stopped him, placing a hand to his forehead.

"You have a fever.....I knew that food you ate was rotten." Soobin looked sadly at hueningkais pink tired face.

"Here, lay down I used to get fevers too." Soobin helped Hueningkai into his bed and took off his shirt, fanning him.

Soobin frowned when he saw Hueningkai still panting, so he got up and grabbed the water vase, wetting a cloth and wiping the sweat off of Hueningkais skin.

Hueningkai felt awful but at the same time very happy. He had been hurt a lot and sick a lot since he had lived alone here, and now he had a friend to help him get better.

Soobin saw a burn on the side of Hueningkais chest. Gently wiping over it to make sure it wasn't just a scratch.

"Is this a branding mark?" Soobin looked frantically at his new friend after recognizing a branding mark when he saw one.

"How do you know all of this stuff....plants...branding...food....survival.." Hueningkai smiled with a laugh. Sheltered prince his ass, the prince new more than he did.

"I had a lot of lessons, is it really a branding mark? Why are you branded?!" Soobin now was hurt that the boy that was so playful and kind hid a whole branding mark from him when they were supposed to be telling eachother secrets.

"Remember when I said I saw something I shouldn't have? Yeah...it has to do with that." Hueningkai held his head, feeling like he was burning.

Soobin wanted to know more but decided to help the boy first. Then soobin realized that he had been calling him Kai, a nickname he subconsciously made.

"Hueningkai how old are you?" Soobin was suddenly curious about a lot of things. If they were going to help eachother out they should at least know eachother more than their sufferings.

"I'm 18....I was born in fall." Hueningkai tried to ease his headache by moving soobins cloth to his face, along with soobins hand.

Hueningkai held soobins cold hand and cloth against his face for a while, not getting asked anymore questions for some reason. He was comfortable like that.

Soobin froze when Hueningkai had held his hand to his face. Hueningkai looked to be drifting asleep, so soobin didn't bug the sick boy with any more questions.

He looked really cute squishing his pink cheek against soobins hand. Soobin wondered why anyone would put Hueningkai in this situation. It only made him more and more curious about the boy, and how he lived like this.

hueningkai could smell the sweet smell off of soobins wrist as his face was against it. That reminded him that soobin probably wasn't used to not having royal bathes, and that he should show him how wild people bathe.

Taehyun had left to use the restroom and came back to the new prince sleeping peacefully on his study book.

They were now in the library for lessons on etiquette. Beomgyu was of course not liking it, and had gotten bored when Taehyun left to use the restroom.

Taehyun let a chuckle drift with a breathe, sitting down at the table again.

"You're way cuter when you're asleep." Taehyun brushed beomgyus bangs from his face, revealing beomgyus face getting ink all over it from the book underneath.

"Your highness." Taehyun shook beomgyu until he sat up, drowsy. Beomgyu looked at Taehyun through droopy, yawning eyes and didn't even get to ask why he woke him up before it was answered.

Taehyun pulled a cloth from his pocket, wiping the ink off of beomgyus cheek. Beomgyu scrunched his face at taehyuns rubbing but it was over soon enough.

"Are you ready for lunch?" Taehyun waited until beomgyu had fully waken up to ask.

"You watch me for LUNCH too?" Beomgyu gawked at the pettiness of the royal family.

"And lunch and dinner, and if you try to escape again, Ill have to sleep with you too." Taehyun leaned on his hand with an evil grin plastered across his face.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Fine, what's for lunch?"

"Caviar and fish with lemon. A light salad as well, you must stay healthy." Taehyun watched the princes expression go sour.

"I'm not hungry, pass." Beomgyu wouldn't eat that to save his life. He was a picky eater to the bone.

"You know, you'd be so perfect if you weren't so stubborn." Taehyun scoffed and took beomgyus hand to lead his out of the room and down the hallway to the dining room.

"Why are you holding my hand?" Beomgyu couldn't lie, it was nice to hold but didn't see the point in it.

"Well, I could also tie you to me, or if you try to run down the hallway from me a friendly tackle is also an option." Taehyun smiled as if he didn't just threaten the prince.

Beomgyu gulped and held Taehyuns hand tighter. "hand holding is good."