Chapter 39

Beomgyu got on his knees, not touching his ankle, but on his knees to beg.

"Please.....dad.....we can't live without them....." Beomgyu hated seeming pitiful, but maybe, just maybe it would touch the king's heart.

He called me dad....

The king couldn't help but feel saddened by the timing of beomgyu accepting him as his dad....when he was begging on his knees?

"Beomgyu.....I didn't order anyone to arrest him......I kept the confessions to myself. I told them what I'll tell you. I have no problem with you guys loving in secret, but royal princes must marry a princess for the throne."

The king knelt and put a hand on beomgyus shoulder.

"I'm sorry..."

"Oh, I've found a fairy...I shouldn't wake him up." Hueningkai teased as he entered the garden again.

He had left to get some snacks for their secret date, but came back to soobin asleep on the grass.

He looked ethereal, truly a fairy.

Hueningkai set the tray down and sat beside soobin, waving a freshly baked bread loaf in front of his nose.

Hueningkai had brought sandwich making materials to have a kind of peaceful picnic, but it seems that soobin beat him again.

Soobin really was romantic without even trying, sleeping beautifully on the grass, waiting for him to come back, and now.....bubbles?

There were bubbles coming from the sky! Why were bubbles suddenly falling?

Hueningkai laughed and decided it didn't matter how the bubbles were there, just that they were.

He giggled and tried not to shriek-laugh when a bubbles popped on soobins nose, causing soobin to flinch and wiggle his nose.

"I knew you weren't asleep!" Hueningkai pretended to be angry as he finished making his sandwich.

"I was, I was dreaming about a really handsome boy making sandwiches in a beautiful garden and- oh! It looks like I'm still dreaming." Soobin acted shocked and touched hueningkais arm to act out the 'im dreaming' more.

"Here, You can be the fairy of bubbles, since you made it rain bubbles,and I, will be the fairy of sandwiches!" Hueningkai smiled and happily dug into his deliciously made sandwich.

Soobin felt a sly smile spread on his face when he saw hueningkais full cheeks with little bread crumbs on them.

So freaking cute!!

Soobin wasn't really hungry with all the scary things going on, it was a miracle since soobin really loved food, especially on a picnic date with Hueningkai.

Beomgyu blew bubbles from the balcony, a little girl in the hallway gave him some as he passed.

He had never seen children in the castle before, but he hadn't lived here for more than a year so maybe he didn't know some things.

Either way, the bubbles were little comfort to the fact that they were stuck in an impossible situation.

Beomgyu noticed that the sun was going down, and at least savored the last sunlight of the day on his skin, warming him.

The giggles below couldn't be seen because of all the plants, but they sounded like hueningkais laughter, he was glad they weren't  letting the situation ruin their time together.

Beomgyu wanted to sleep already but he couldn't get up to go to his bed without an assistant, he had shooed jimin off earlier and now he was without help.

Beomgyu sighed, using the balcony rail to stand and hopping over to the doorway, grabbing the arch before making one leap to his bed, barely landing.

His ankle was sore, but it really did seem to be healing, then he would have to go to lessons soon. He now wished his ankle wouldn't heal.

It would be perfect if Taehyun was just with him 24/7 bedridden,taking naps and stealing kisses, having breakfast together and NO lessons.

Beomgyu lightly lifted his legs under the soft sheets and watched the last sunlight leave the sky through the window. Was Taehyun alright? Where would he even be? We're Hueningkai and Soobin planning to hide in the garden all night?

"The sun went down." Soobin said through an obviously sleepy voice.

They had long finished their sandwiches and ended up laying on the picnic blanket, cuddling.

Hueningkai only responded by curling into soobin with a quiet whine.

"Let's just sleep here...I don't want to move..." Hueningkai smiled to himself, plenty comfortable in the garden under the stars with soobin. Really. It couldn't be more comfortable.

Soobin gave a sleepy smile and just closed his eyes, turning over to face Hueningkai.

"Alright. You win." Soobin leaned on his hand and moved hueningkais hair slightly to watch as he fell asleep.

It was so peaceful to see someone sleeping, but seeing someone sleeping forever had felt awful.

Soobin felt at rest seeing the lack of blood and paleness on hueningkais face this time, he just looked like he was sleeping. Adorably.

Taehyun winced and put his finger in his mouth when his finger met a sharp thorn in the terrace.

It had hurt like hell climbing it, but how else was he supposed to get to his room. He hated how the princes balconies didn't have roses for the flowers on their walls, but of course his did.

It was a good thing beomgyu was staying in his bedroom in the castle however because less guards would guard a room that wasn't a royals.

Taehyun almost fell with a clunk onto the balcony floor but caught himself in time and quietly entered the room.

It looked like beomgyu hadn't really been up to anything since this morning, he didn't expect Taehyun to come back so soon probably.

Taehyun saw beomgyu sleeping soundly, so was met with a problem.

He was going to explain everything, but didn't want to wake him up, so he paced and quickly came up with a solution.

He sat himself at the vanity and grabbed a quill, the ink, and a paper slip, writing everything down for him to find when he woke up.

He did need them to know everything in order to clear his name.

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates, school has been busy.