Chapter 38

I know he'll show up...at least to tell me when he can come back...can I clear his name somehow? I trust him.....but this is scary...

Beomgyu flinched and sat up when a knock at the door happened.

"Who is it?" Beomgyu was cautious at letting people inside now, this was Taehyuns bedroom, not his own. And with Taehyun gone, he would protect it until he got back.

"It's soobin and Hueningkai." Hueningkais voice chirped with a tone where beomgyu could already picture Hueningkai doing aegyo to his words through the door.

"Come in." If there were two people who weren't behind all of this, it definitely wasn't soobin or Hueningkai.

"Hey...we just heard what happened this morning, are you alright? Taehyun didn't do any of those things right?" Soobin sat down beside beomgyu, Hueningkai following after.

"No, of course he didn't. He just got accused and they tried to take him, so he ran. I have no idea who reported him." Beomgyu wasn't happy that soobin and Hueningkai had no idea either.

"Well....Taehyun and I both got summoned to speak to the king about it earlier...that's why we were there...the king didn't seem angry or malicious against us, why would he suddenly send guards today?" Soobin had only shared a small portion of the truth that they talked about in the king's room.

"I don't know...I didn't even know why you two went there in the first place until now....do you think he'll come back soon?" Beomgyu used his hands to play with the end of Hueningkais shirt sleeve. Obviously worried about Taehyun.

"I hope he doesn't soon. If people are trying to arrest him and he resisted arrest he should stay in hiding until this either blows over or we clear his name." Hueningkai fiddled with his ring once again, thinking about it deeper now in this situation.

If Taehyun got accused of inappropriate relationships with beomgyu...and had to run away....what will they do if they find out about soobin and I? He'll be the king...they won't hurt him will they?

"Kai, hey dont worry ok? I'm sure Taehyuns fine he's the smartest among us..." Soobin noticed Hueningkai fiddling with his ring and looking nervous about something.

Hueningkai stopped fidgiting and pretended that Taehyun was what he was thinking of just then.

"Yeah, of course. Let's just find out who accused him and clear his name." Hueningkai took beomgyus hand off of his sleeve and held it reassuringly.

"Im very happy for you two...but don't you think wearing your rings around could be dangerous right now? Someone apparently has been watching us when were 'alone' what if you get arrested?" Beomgyus expression was one of a concerned friend, he wasn't wanting them to hide their relationship, but it could hurt them.

"I won't let either of us get arrested. I'm the heir they wouldn't arrest me. If they want to report us then we can find out who reported Taehyun then. Like bait." Soobin held Hueningkai closer by his hand.

They aren't going to seperate anyone...not while I'm breathing..

Taehyun had finally caught his breath. Only after running from the castle all the way to the castle pond did he realize how convenient horses were.

He sat on the dock and took off his shoes to dip his feet in the cold water.

If I only had a little time to explain to them....they're probably panicking now....

Taehyun ruffled his hair back and sighed, frustrated about the whole situation.

"We didn't get them all....there are still some who reported me...they definetly want to hurt all of us somehow..." Taehyun now talked to his own reflection in the water, venting his thoughts.

I miss beomgyus chatter....it's too quiet....

Taehyun wasn't used to having no complaints ringing in his ears, it felt so lonely without the vocal reminder someone was there.

What do I do now?

"Hey...cheer up were supposed to be on a date." Hueningkai gave a smile and rubbed soobins tummy, trying to make him smile.

"A secret date...." Soobin only frowned more and stared at the grass.

They were in the garden, the only place where they wouldn't be caught.

"Fine, then I'm going to go ask beomgyu to go on a date with me." Hueningkai stood up from the swing chair and started stomping off dramatically.

This, of course, caught soobins attention.

"Hey hey! Don't do thattt c'mon I'm just worried let's have our date...Kai?" Soobin got up quickly and tried to find where in the garden Hueningkai had wandered to.

"JJANG!!!" Hueningkai popped up in front of soobin suddenly with a flower in his hand.

"AAH- Jesus Kai don't give me a heartattack...." Soobin blushed seeing Kai's hair littered with flowers, the same type that Hueningkai was tucking behind soobins ear.

"Hey Kai.....I've been meaning to ask, if you don't want to answer, that's alright too but ...why were you crying last night?" Soobin felt like it would be a sensitive subject, but Hueningkai reacted normally.

"I was just thinking too much. I'm alright now." Hueningkai took in soobin with the flower in his hair and geniunely felt better.

There's no way soobin would do that....we trust eachother..

"If you don't mind your majesty....may I ask who reported Taehyun?" Beomgyu was sitting in the king's office now, with the help of Jimin to get here. It seemed like Jimin would be replacing Taehyun indefinitely.

He hated that word. Replaced. Taehyun was anything but replaceable.

"Shouldn't you and your ankle be resting? I heard you may be crippled." The king didn't want to look at beomgyu. Only because he was ashamed that he could do nothing for the boy as his new father, or as the king.

How did you grow a bond with your stepson when everything was rules? Busy...busy....busy..

"Sir...that's not what I asked...please I won't tell anyone you told me!! If you tell me then I'll do anything!" Beomgyu was desperate. If he could just have a name, proving Taehyuns innocence would be a piece of cake.

The air was awkward to say the least, two relatives, trying to be close but never quite getting there, now had to fight over such a serious situation before even getting comfortable with eachother.

"You want it to prove Taehyun guiltless, correct? To make it safe for him to come back?" The king finally put down the papers he was holding and looked at beomgyu straight in the eye.

Beomgyu didn't want to admit it, but he felt the king already knew more than he thought, so he simply nodded.

"But he IS guilty. What if he doesn't want to come back?" The king felt a bit like a monster seeing beomgyus heart shatter through his eyes, the quiver in beomgyus lip only hurt more.

"H-he does want to! It's just not safe for him, if I clear his name then you won't arrest him right?" Beomgyus voice was more quiet and sheepish after the remark, but still wanting to stubbornly fight.

"Listen....son....Taehyun and Soobin have confessed to loving both you AND Hueningkai, soobin is already planning to marry Kai. I have to let you know that this cannot happen, it's just the truth....I don't want you two getting hurt in the process of this hopeless mission."