Chapter 20

"Your request has been terminated." The king told soobin, who had Hueningkai beside him at the table.

"What?! We had a deal id listen if-" soobin got hushed by his father quickly.

"You teenagers can you shut up for two seconds and let your old man speak?" Hueningkai watched as the king motioned for soobin to sit back down.

"Where is beomgyu?" The king asked an assistant guarding the door.

"The young prince was injured and is receiving treatment, he cannot attend." The assistant bowed and delivered the information.

"I see..health comes first. Send someone to inform Taehyun to meet in beomgyus place please." The king wrote an official summoning and stamped it to send with the assistant.

The king knew Taehyun would guard the prince with his life and wouldnt go with anyone who didn't bring the king's written letter. That's why he chose Taehyun. He would protect beomgyu.

"Can I know why I was brought here now?" Soobin was growing more and more impatient to hear the reason why their deal was broken.

"Because I want you to go back to the forest with Hueningkai."

"Prince beomgyu?" A knock at the infirmery door made Taehyun quickly stand with his sword aimed.

"Who is it." Taehyuns reply was cold.

"A message from the king."

Taehyun didn't trust it. If it was a message it was most likely a letter.

"Slid it under the door and leave please." Taehyun waited until a letter slid under the door and receding footsteps echoed the hall.

When the footsteps vanished he sheathed his sword and quickly unwrapped the letter.

I've heard of beomgyus injuries, I trust you'll attend in his place.

Taehyun felt confident reading the letter, it actually sounded like the king and had the king's seal.

Taehyun opened the door, poking himself out and peeking down the hall, spotting who he was looking for immediately.

"Pppsssssst. Yeonjun. Yeonjun!" Taehyun got the guards attention. Yeonjun looked behind him and then pointed to himself mouthing, 'me?'

"Who else?! Yes you! Come here!" Taehyun grabbed yeonjun and dragged him inside the infirmery, shutting the door quickly.

"I need to go meet with the king in beomgyus place. I can't trust beomgyu with anyone else. Please do this for me." Taehyun put his hands together, begging practically.

"Of course, but I have to be guarding everyone is on edge because of the attack if I get caught not at my post then-"

"Thank you you're the best mwah!" Taehyun hadn't let yeonjun finish before blowing a thankful rushed kiss and vanishing out the door.

"Taehyun you're here! Thank you for coming." The king welcomed Taehyun, along with soobin and Hueningkai.

Taehyun became concerned it was bad news from the expression soobin and Hueningkai were making.

"You summoned me." Taehyun stated, sitting down and waiting for the reason.

"Yes, I did. The princes quarters in particular were attacked today, as you know. This means that the assailants most likely wish to harm the heirs." The king noticed Taehyuns grip his fist a bit, aura obviously getting upset.

"Yeah. I figured." Taehyun responded through a clenched jaw. He really was pissed that someone attacked when he was tending the horses. As if they waited for him to leave.

The king liked Taehyuns reaction. It only proved that he would be more than worthy to fulfill the job he was about to offer.

"With one princes room half burned, and the princes being targets I've decided to relocate them to a safe location. Soobin will be taking Hueningkai back to the forest. I'd like you to go with them, taking beomgyu with you."

Taehyun was surprised at the king's plan. He didn't expect to move the princes entirely. It was risky, but safer than the castle.

"I know you have an incredible knowledge of the forest, and survival. I'm prepared to send you with a week's worth of food and water. Anymore and it would look suspicious passing by." The king was hoping Taehyun would agree by now.

"Yes your majesty. I will defend the princes with my life." Taehyun understood his orders. He was confident about living in the woods with them. In many ways, he had more control there, and could defend them easier.

"You'll leave immediately, by horse, my men have already prepared cloaks for all of you and the bags of food are in your saddlebags. I am trusting my world to you Taehyun." The kings worry was now evident. He really loved his sons, blood or not.

"But father! When will we resume normal life? What will happen to the castle?! The kingdom?!" Soobin was still concerned about the entire idea.

"I will remain here fulfilling the king's duties, to the world, the two princes were injured and will be in their rooms until further notice." The king smiled towards soobin.

"Soobin...I know we've had some differences...but know that I love you and I hope to see you again soon. After the assailants have been captured." The king stood, walking slowly towards soobin, who stood with Hueningkai quickly.

The king didn't offer a royal handshake, but a fatherly hug goodbye to his son. Not knowing when he might see him again.

Soobin was still angry with his father, but hugged back, letting the feeling of missing ones father overcome the anger.

Hueningkai was surprised when the king acknowledged him by holding a hand over his heart and bowing.

Hueningkai didn't know what to do and simply scrambled to repeat the action.

"I'd like to say goodbye to beomgyu as well. Taehyun." The king gestured forward for Taehyun to lead the way, since he had no idea where he was taken.

"Yes of course your majesty." Taehyun held the door for the three of them and then lead them down the castle halls towards the room where beomgyu was unconscious.

Yeonjun stood in front of the door and moved aside, bowing for the king and prince.

"Oh yeonjun don't." Soobin smiled and waved yeonjun's bow away. They had been friends forever and he knew yeonjun only did it to tease him.