Chapter 35

"oh my God doesn't it hurt?!" Beomgyu didn't know what the wound itself looked like, but all the bandaging around Hueningkais, neck, chest, and shoulder looked bad.

"You're alive?!" Taehyun still hadn't processed it. He had completely expected soobin to be delusional when he was trying to protect Hueningkai.

"Thanks for visiting me." Hueningkai hugged beomgyu, who was beside him still worried.

Beomgyu hugged back like he was hugging a paper doll. He really didn't want to accidentally kill Hueningkai by ripping out a stitch or two.

Soobin held his nose bridge and watched the two treat Hueningkai like he had arisen from the dead as a zombie.

Taehyun understood soobin not wanting Hueningkai to know now, but beomgyu knew that they hadn't told them something, so what would his excuse be?

"You two ARE engaged!" Beomgyu gasped and admired the ring on hueningkais hand, matching soobins.

It may have been weird for Hueningkai and Beomgyu, but for Taehyun and Soobin, princes getting married off early came as no shock.

"About that..." Taehyun was ready to spill the conversation that soobin and himself had spoken to the king about, but soobins foot made a harsh tap on the ground.

"Taehyun, can we speak outside? Alone?" Soobin smiled innocently to beomgyu and Hueningkai, who were curious why.

"Go ahead, not like we're walking far." Hueningkai gestured to his bandages and Beomgyu raised his leg to show off his ankle.

Taehyun hated not letting beomgyu in on something, but agreed and went to see what soobins huge deal was.

As soon as the door closed beomgyus fake smile fell and he turned to Hueningkai.

"I think they're hiding something from us. They talked to the kind for over an hour and when I went to see them they were talking about a plan." Beomgyu was being a bit petty, yes. Making his own secret gossip club with Hueningkai as revenge for soobin and Taehyun talking wasn't too petty, right?

"What? What plan? We're not in danger again are we?" Hueningkai sat up, sighing over the thought of getting nearly killed again.

"I don't think so....but they're keeping something from us." Beomgyu plopped himself beside Hueningkai and hugged a pillow, sulking.

"So they're lying?" Hueningkai was still confused, why would they lie?

"No. Taehyun doesn't lie, but he's just not telling us. If I ask him he'll avoid the question so he doesn't have to lie." Beomgyu felt a bit better with the soft pillow to hug at least.

Hueningkai tried to think of anything soobin wouldn't want to tell him, which led to him nervously twiddling his new ring around his finger.

The only thing I wouldn't tell my boyfriend is...if I liked someone else. Soobin just proposed this morning though? Was he interested in a girl too then?

Hueningkais mind was running leaps and bounds to try to think of anything else.

"Your rings really pretty." Beomgyu smiled and took hueningkais hand, admiring his new ring. He couldn't believe that soobin had not only fallen in love with Hueningkai. But was fully determined to MARRY him.

Hueningkai noticed beomgyus sad smile as he fidgeted with hueningkais ring.

"Have you found any lucky lady to marry? You are a prince it'll happen sooner or later." Hueningkai tried to pry a confirmation of his theory.

"No. I haven't." Beomgyu technically didn't lie, he didn't like any lucky LADY.

"A boy then? Like soobin and I?" Hueningkai was really trying to pry something about Taehyun from beomgyu.

He had seen the two very close, they bickered like they were already married, but neither of them seemed like they wanted to acknowledge that maybe they wanted to be something more.

Like they were ignoring their own feelings.

Hueningkai couldn't imagine not telling soobin he liked him. Was it different because soobin and him are more inexperienced with love? Is that why it wasn't as intimidating?

"I'm straight." Beomgyu said with a frown. Whatever conversation Taehyun and Soobin had to have was taking forever, and he really didn't want to think about love right now.

Every single time he thought about a future loving anyone....he couldn't think of anyone but Taehyun, and he was too scared for anyone else to know that yet. Only Taehyun.

Hueningkai fought back a snort with his hand over his mouth.

"You know, It wouldn't be bad if you liked boys. You'd be the only straight person in our group otherwise." Hueningkai tried subtly reminding beomgyu that Taehyun did swing that way. Maybe trying to tempt him.

"Yeah, I guess I would be." Beomgyu got comfortable, just wanting to sleep instead of think about love. It was too complicated.

Hueningkai really had it with this boy.

Why can't he admit that MAYBE he could see Taehyun that way? it's obvious that there's some tension between them...everyone sees it but them!!

Hueningkai laid down too, tired of trying to figure out how his hyungs brains worked.

He had to worry about this secret that they wouldn't tell them before he worried about feelings not being said.

Was soobin playing with him then? Saying your feelings without fear of being rejected could also maybe mean that he didn't really care if Hueningkai didn't like him back then.

Soobin wasn't that kind of person though....right?

"What are you thinking? Do you know that will hurt them!" Soobin refused to agree with Taehyuns logic.

"You marry a woman, to become king. Then, reveal the truth, everything! Announce that this country will have two king's!! You and Hueningkai! If they don't like it what are they going to do? Kill the king?" Taehyun repeated his plan, trying to appease to soobin.

"YES! AND EVERYONE AROUND ME! including you dumbass!! What if theres an uproar and the whole royal family and their lovers get slaughtered like lambs?!" Soobin had a strong point, it was risky, but how else could they be with Hueningkai and Beomgyu?

"Look, you like a man, I like men. We're both pretty obvious to everyone in this castle alright? If I had to bet my life is say more than half of the people in this castle will fight for you and support you as a king WITH Hueningkai."

Soobin wasn't sure, Taehyun seemed like he was trying to save something. But what? He knew Taehyun had always been gay but it seemed like Taehyun was really fighting to be with someone, why was he so determined for this?

"Why do you want me to risk everything suddenly?! You'll fight for this?! Why do you want this now all of a sudden!?" Soobin defended himself when Taehyun grabbed his shoulders.

"You need to be the king to change things alright?! I will fight for you! If you don't fight for this then we can never love Hueningkai and Beomgyu in our lifetimes!!" Taehyuns eyes were wide now, desperate to convince soobin with this.

"Hueningkai and Beomgyu? Since when did beomgyu love you?"