Chapter 50

"WHY WOULD THEY GO ON WITH THE PLAN IF THEY KNOW IM NOT THERE?!" soobin yelled over the sounds of their horses.

Taehyun was so focused on getting there as soon as possible he almost didn't hear soobin.

"WHY ELSE? IF YOU KILL THE ROYAL PRINCES IN FRONT OF THEIR PEOPLE, ITS BASICALLY DECLARING THAT THEY ARE NOW THE NEW RULERS!" Taehyun glanced at soobin with fear in his eyes.

Soobin understood quickly.

That one prince would do, but after they'd keep coming to wipe out the royal family.

Taehyun knew soobin got the message and gave him hope.

"Hey, we'll get rid of them, then tell the kingdom everything. You'll be an honorable king soobin. With all of us." Taehyun came to a halt at the castle gates, quickly unmounting his horse and hiding a ways back.

"It's alright Taehyun, there's...no guard? But the gates are locked.."

"Locked?!" Taehyun ran back from his hiding position with furrowed brows to check the gate.

"It shouldn't be locked?! It's a public wedding!" Taehyun tried breaking the gates open, but as royal castle gates would be, they were too strong.

"Would I lie right now Taehyun?!!!" Soobin unmounted slowly, catching Hueningkai drooping off of the saddle.

"No no no-" Taehyun grasped the fences bars and thrashed them, trying to get them open.

Soobin was startled at the volume of taehyuns frustration with the thrashing and growling.

"GODDAMNIT!!!! WERE HERE IM TAEHYUN COME UNLOCK THE GATES AND ARREST ME!" Taehyun was so desperate at this point and found it odd they had just locked the gates, what were they doing?!

Soobin was going to comfort Taehyun but a drowsy Hueningkai made mumbling sounds in his arms.

"Hueningkai? Kai! Hey it's soobin I've got you....do you feel alright?" Soobin only brushed hueningkais hair back and brushed his thumbs over his cheeks, waiting for Hueningkai to process.

The touching hadn't gotten the comforting feeling soobin had wished for though.

"DONT TOUCH ME!!! HELP! I WANT TO GO HOME! GET AWAY!!!" hueningkai had immediately freaked out and shoved himself from soobins hold, landing a firm punch on soobins cheek.

"Oh my god- Hueningkai?" Taehyun was now briefly distracting from the wedding at their friends outrage. They were helping him, why the punch?

Beomgyus heartbeat was overly loud, and slow. As he was walking down an aisle with a woman he didn't even remember the name of, he was focused unusually on his heartbeat and footsteps.

They rang in his head, and pulsated through him, he was scared a moment ago, but right now he felt sick. Were they actually going to come back for him? Was it already too late?

"Your highness!" The preacher said firmly, catching beomgyus attention now.

"...yes?" Beomgyu tried to seem calm.

"Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The preacher repeated the last line.

"I...." Beomgyus eyes scoured the audience, citizens, royal court members in the upper balconies, but neither his mother, or father were there. As if this weren't all their fault. Did they feel so guilty they wouldn't attend?

Taehyun....Taehyun please...

Beomgyu started rambling, now coming to a more panicked conclusion that no one here was someone he knew.