Chapter 43

Soobin was a heavy sleeper, but Hueningkais tears had dropped onto his arm and woke him up rather fast.

Why was Hueningkai crying before bed every night? He wanted to wait till Hueningkai was ready to tell him all these things, but would the day ever come?

Soobin turned around and hugged Hueningkai from behind, holding his arms around his waist tightly.

"Why are you crying?..." Soobins voice remained very tender, soft, as if coaxing.

Hueningkai was quiet for a few moments, but feeling soobin nuzzle his face against the back of his neck, he knew this was getting to soobin.

"I don't know ......just overwhelmed." Hueningkai was honest, trying to wipe his tears with his hands.

Soobin held his wrists to stop him. "You can cry, I won't judge. Getting it out is better than holding it all in." Soobin let go and let Hueningkai turn to face him.

"You've been waiting patiently right?....." Hueningkai had guilt in his voice. They hadn't even acknowledged the fact in a while, let alone talked about it.

"Can I just know one thing tonight? I don't have to get it all in one go....just gradually....anything." soobin was feeling a bit self-conscious that Hueningkai knew everything about where he came from, but he knew nothing of Hueningkais origins or family besides the lies he had told him when they first met.

"What do you want to know?" Hueningkai was ready to at least tell soobin one of the things on his mind, maybe not the fact that soobin was engaged to a woman to become queen soon.

"Any you want to tell me." Soobin casually slipped their hands together under the blankets, as if a silent support for both of them.

"I told you about my family and the slave traders....that's who I'm hiding from, that and the people after you now too. That isn't much of a secret. That's why I can't read." Hueningkai was a bit embarrassed about this fact still.

"I know that....but it just feels like you aren't telling me something....I want to help you....but I don't know anything of what goes through your head..." Soobin traced hueningkais palm with his thumb, unconsciously soothing the tension somewhat.

"..........are you getting married?" Hueningkai said it outright, before he could change his mind.

"Wh- what? Um...yeah duh.." soobin scoffed with a little laugh as he held up their hands with their rings.

"No..-" Hueningkai stopped himself....maybe now wasn't the time to ask. It would ruin their night and sleep.

"I'll talk to you about it tomorrow, it's no rush ok?" Hueningkai gave soobin a reassuring smile as soobin only nodded in response.

"You came in the middle of the night before?" Beomgyu gave a groggy, but creeped out tone to his words.

Taehyun made a disgusted face, beomgyu was making him sound rather creepy given the circumstances.

"Yes. But that isn't the point right now, I have only the night to warn you." Taehyun looked like he wanted nothing more than to kiss beomgyu till he died, but he was right, and had to finish explaining.

"The king wasn't the one who reported me. He would never do that. Those people, the ones who nearly killed us all? Yeah. There's more, and they took advantage of our assumed victory."

Beomgyus face was one of confusion now, trying to make sense of taehyuns words.

"What do you mean? I thought we killed them all? Why would they wait this long?" Beomgyu sat up and made room for Taehyun to sit besides him.

"Because I'm afraid they have a bigger plan. They never caught the one who slashed hueningkais throat....he probably told them we killed their others. Meaning they've got it out for the princes AND Hueningkai and I, personally." Taehyun handed the letter to beomgyu with a shake of his head.

"They targeted me first because they knew I would figure it out first, removing me meant not warning you guys and buying time. Which I hate to say, worked....whatever they're planning we have to be cautious now...."

Taehyun didn't really have much more to say, he figured out that it hadn't been the king. But everything else was real, the kingdom was now suspicious of their sexualities, the king and queen were in tight spots.....and-"

"I'm getting married...." Beomgyus tear hit Taehyuns hand before he finished the words, crumpling the note Taehyun handed him.

Taehyuns heart sank to the floor. He gave a gentle smile, figuring beomgyu was trying to be romantic with him about marriage, but the tears and face of anguish beomgyu was trying to hide, were very real.

"Hey....it's ok don't cry...please don't cry, what do you mean married?" Taehyun furrowed his brows but wiped the tears from beomgyus cheeks delicately.

"I mean- whatever it is they're planning....them buying time for it...they have it! The king and queen are ordering soobin and I to marry two princesses from neighboring kingdoms to help stop the suspicions." Beomgyu just couldn't bear to show his face to Taehyun. To his lover, whom he was telling he was marrying another to.

Taehyun stayed silent for only a moment, knowing his silence would make beomgyu assume that he hated him for this.

"It's alright! I'm sure its just a bluff! We can work to figure out the plan together, yeah? When is this wedding?" Taehyun tried to hide the pain in his tone, but couldn't.

This couldn't be happening. The attackers AND a wedding against them??! How was he supposed to fix both? Especially when the whole group was seperated like this?! This was exactly what they wanted.

"I'm not lying Tyun!!" Beomgyu pulled the envelope that was delivered to both princes to Taehyun, letting him re-read it a thousand times.

No matter how many times Taehyun read the letter, the words never changed.

"Marriage to Princess Lia, March 24th"

The worst part? Today was March 22nd.