Chapter 9

"You're sure you're ok?" Soobin asked Hueningkai for the 100th time since they made it back to his cabin.

"I'm positive, it's fine you already cleaned it and bandaged it. I don't think it needs stitches." Hueningkai rubbed soobins belly comforting the sad bunny.

"But lemoned fish would make me feel 100× better." Hueningkai said in a baby voice, obviously asking.

Soobin sighed with a smile. "Alright alright stay put." Soobin was beginning to get used to the strange boys tactics of persuasion.

Soobin went outside to cook the fish over a fire, waiting until they looked ready, then he set them on a chipped plate he found in hueningkais cupboard.

Drizzling the steaming fish with lemon completed the delicious smell, he seemed it right to give to Kai as an apology.

Kai watched soobin walk in like a shy bunny giving a peace offering.
Hueningkai took the plate gratefully and dug in.

The pain his leg had was mostly from the impact of the sword knocking it against the buildings stone wall. He though he sprained it for sure. The fish was taking away a lot of the aching though.

"Can you tell me another part of your story now? I think at this point we can be sure we won't be leaving eachother anytime soon." Soobin felt bad for asking, but he still wanted to know about Hueningkai.

Hueningkai could see soobin getting more and more curious about his life day by day. He felt bad so agreed after finishing his fish.

"I didn't run away like you. I was taken away. My father had been trying to free the slaves from my town, they weren't any specific group of people. Anyone could be a slave if they were homeless, an orphan, or simply mistaken for one. Where I come from it isn't uncommon."

Soobin paused him. "Where you come from? You aren't from my kingdom?" Soobin was extremely confused at how far this boy had walked here.

"That's the thing....I saw the slave trader break into my house when my father wasn't home, he took on of our family heirlooms to pawn off. My guess is he had a grudge for my dad meddling with his business and wanted to give him a warning."

Soobin saw hueningkais expression slowly dropping with every sentence he remembered. He wished he could find this slave trader from hueningkais land and kill him.

"I saw the whole thing while I was hiding, I was the only one home at the time and I couldn't run when he saw me. He hit me over the head with the heirloom and then.. ."

Soobin looked to where Hueningkai was talking about, there was still a faint wound on hueningkais head, it looked like it had hurt.

"What was your heirloom? I'm sure I could get it back for you."
Soobin then remembered he wasn't a prince here, and didn't know where the slave trader would be.

"It's a sword but...That's the thing...I got branded and then put into his slave business, I'm sure my family has no idea where I am. I have to clue where they are. I escaped after several miles of travelling with the slave carts. I don't even know what direction I came from anymore."

Soobin softly wiped a tear that fell on hueningkais cheek. He didn't know why anyone would abandon such a sweet kid before, or who would abuse a kid like Kai to the point of him running away...it turns out it was neither.

"Ill help you find your family! And we can get the sword back and prove he stole it! A princes word would convince whatever town you came from." Soobin tried to comfort the boy who was so wild, but so delicate looking at the moment.