Chapter 11

"Taehyun? Taehyun!" Beomgyus shout knocked Taehyun out of his delusion.

"Yes?" Taehyun shook his head and stood, going to help beomgyu with putting the outfit on.

"I called your name like five times, I can't figure out how this works." Beomgyu tried to move the tassels to button the coat but the fabric always really tight.

"That's because you need to wear the undercoat. Here let me." Taehyun removed the coat from beomgyus shoulders, tying the undercoat in the back. It was a male type of corset, just to keep the man's posture proud.

"Ow...it hurts..I can't breathe in this thing." Beomgyu gasped when Taehyun pulled the strings.

"It'll give you good posture. You can take it off after lunch." Taehyun was a bit worried about beomgyu wearing the outfit. He hadn't taken him to lessons on royal clothing yet.

Taehyun put beomgyus baby blue coat over the shirt, buttoning it properly.

"I'll help you there." Taehyun held his arm as a support for beomgyu, who was not having the tightness of the outfit.

"It's not as shallow as we thought Kai ....it should get stitches ..." Soobin looked sadly at Kai's leg, Kai refused to stand up, his leg hurt as soon as he put pressure on it.

"What do we do? They are sure to be scouring the area after seeing you." Hueningkai wanted his leg better but really didn't want soobin to be taken away.

"I can't get caught, don't worry I wouldn't change my mind now. They'd kill you and keep me in the castle walls forever...." Soobin tried to think as Hueningkai gave soothing strokes through his hair.

"I can't carry you all the way to the market in case we would get caught. I can go get medical needle and thread from the village nurse? I can trade more fish and do it myself. I know a little about stitching it shouldn't be that different."

Hueningkai tightened his lips unsure. He would rather soobin stay here, with him. If he got caught there was no way of knowing whether he would be back.

Soobin seemed to see the uncomfortableness on hueningkais face.

"I won't let myself get caught, you need help I wouldn't just leave. Its the safest option." Soobin held hueningkais hand in his own. Squeezing it lightly as a sort of reassurance.

"We're a team now right?" Hueningkai wanted to know one more thing before letting soobin go.

"Yeah. We're a team now." Soobin smiled and stood, taking that as an ok from Hueningkai.

Soobin waved goodbye at the door, watching Hueningkai smile at him from the bed.

"I'll be back soon alright? Don't get up unless you're going to pee yourself."

Hueningkai laughed. "Jeez I can take care of myself you know. I was the one that saved you. Go and be back quick." Hueningkai flicked his hand in a 'shoo' motion, making soobin leave.

Hueningkai missed him already and it had only been two seconds since he left. He thought about their conversation.

Could I love soobin? If love was a sickness, Hueningkai had all the symptoms.

Hueningkai started thinking about it. He wants soobin to live with him. He hugs soobin all the time now. They watch out for eachother. They make eachother happy. Hueningkai smiled, thinking he might have found someone he had a crush on.

Soobin walked down the market, wearing the hood low. He heard so much gossip. Half being that the prince was spotted and there was a reward on his head, and the other have was the rumored assassination of the royal family.

Soobin came to a halt when he saw a familiar face on the bulletin board.

There was a sketched portrait of Hueningkai, with a bounty almost as high as soobins. Any information was to be told to a royal guard.

Soobin ripped the poster off the board, staring at it in horror. The last line really worried him.

Dead or Alive.

Soobin put the poster in his pocket, continuing on his mission. He went into the medicine house, greeted by a nurse in white robes.

"Yes? How can I help you?" The woman greeted kindly.

"I need a needle and thread for stitching a wound." Soobin kept his voice lowish and quiet, holding out the bag of fish to trade.

"You didn't bring the patient with you? We could have it done for you if you'd like." The woman took the bag of fish but was worried about the condition of whatever patient the man needed the needle and thread for.

"I cant bring him with me, I just need the supplies. Thank you." Soobin held out his hands, receiving a needle and thread from the woman hesitantly.

"I hope your friend stays in good health." The woman politely bowed and watched the suspicious man walk out of the building.

Soobin was relieved that he hadn't been asked to reveal his face for business. Then he would've had to steal from the kind woman.

His relief didn't last very long when he saw guards in horseback, heading towards the direction of the forest. He followed them quietly, hiding behind whatever he could.

"The report says that boy is a homeless, he lives in the old cabin in the woods." The general had read the report off of a paper in his hands.

"You heard me! Capture dead or Alive! Do not harm his highness." The general had gone off in a rush. Making his horse and all the other guards' horses run in sync down the forest trail.

Hueningkai. Hueningkais at the cabin. Soobins heart raced faster than any horses hoofbeats as he desperately ran down the forest trail, trying to get there before them.

However a human can never match the speed of a horse.

Beomgyu sat in his seat, feeling awkward under his parents' gaze.
"Thank you Taehyun, you may be excused." The king smiled and dismissed the boy.

"Yes sir." Taehyun bowed, taking his leave from the room.

If beomgyu felt awkward with Taehyun there then he felt 10× more uncomfortable as soon as he left.

"Beomgyu. We wanted to ask how you were adjusting to the castle? Is the assistant helping? I can have another take his place." The king asked, eager to find a way for beomgyu to live comfortably in the castle.

Taehyun had his ear against the door, eavesdropping. He was so worried when beomgyu took a long pause. He didn't want to hand off beomgyu to someone else, he was doing good.

"No. He's very kind to me, I've learned a lot." Beomgyu avoided eye contact still, ignoring the plate of vegetables and what looked like steak with God knows what on it.

"Oh good. I figured he would be up to the task. I'd like to add some more classes for your schedule, I think you'd benefit from them." The king smiled, trying to make small talk with his new step son.

Beomgyu could tell the king was trying to bond with him, but felt so foreign around him.

"And we'd lov-" the queen was interupted by yeonjun rushing in past taehyun.

"His highness has been found!" Yeonjun bowed to deliver the news. The king and queen immediately stood, rushing to yeonjun for more details.

Beomgyus stood, now worried with everyone's sudden panic. "Whats going on? Mom?" The queen stopped and held beomgyus shoulder.

"We'll pick up here later alright honey? Go with Taehyun." His mother had left with the king quickly out the door, escorted by yeonjun.

Taehyun watched as everyone flooded out if the room suddenly. He went to follow the king and queen, overhearing that soobin had been found.

"Soobin is alright?! Where was he found?! Are they bringing him back?" Taehyun tried to get questions to yeonjun as they ran down the hallways.

Beomgyu watched as his family ran to find his step brother. Maybe he'd finally meet the boy, he understood why he ran away.