Chapter 52

Soobin woke up to a bloody dreadful headache, clutching his head as soon as he sat up in his bed.

My bed...my ..BED?!

Soobin shot up from bed, feeling dizzy and stumbling, but quickly searching the room.

"HUENINGKAI?! HUENINGKAI???!!!!"soobin slammed the bathroom door open and checked the closet before hearing the room door cream open.

What a relieving sight.

Hueningkai, holding breakfast, with adorable fluffy bed head.

Everything was a dream! A bad dream!

Soobin ran forward happily and hugged Hueningkai, startled by Hueningkais scared gasp,he had gotten scared at the hug and backed away, dropping the breakfast tray.

That'd when soobin further observed hueningkais state, it wasn't cute messy bedhead at all, he had dirt on his cheek and bruises everywhere.

It wasn't a dream...

"Kai...I am...so sorry I forgot that-" soobin held up gentle hands and took a calming stance, hurt that Hueningkai was afraid of him.

"It's fine! A rebel hit you with a sword hilt yesterday in the massacre, I'll get you more breakfast-" Hueningkai retreated towards the door again and opened it by turning the handle.

Soobin grabbed the handle from the other side and stopped Hueningkai by jamming the tray in the door.

"Wait...gum I can get it really, why don't you-'soobin just couldn't finish a sentence with Kai today. Everything was broken.

"I-ILL get it." Hueningkai whimpered out and escaped down the hallway with the tray.

Soobin frowned watching hueningkais hand, glimmering from the light bouncing off their engagement ring, vanish from sight as he left.

What can I do now....I don't even know the state of things..

Soobin caught a glimpse of himself in a mirror and scared himself.

He went to the bathroom to clean up before bracing himself to find out what happened yesterday. He wasn't sure he wanted to know.

"Was there news?!" Taehyun didn't need to leap from his seat when a nurse came from the room they had taken beomgyu away to, for he had never relaxed enough to sit.

"Taehyun...I have orders to keep you away personally from yeonjun, the royal -" the nurse dropped her clipboard at taehyuns rough thrashing of her by her arms.

"I SAID IS THERE ANY NEWS?! IM HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT, I SHOULD GRT TO KNOW FIRST!! NOW TELL ME!FUCK YEONJUNS STUPID ORDERS!!" Taehyuns yelling triggered the guards near the hall to grab his arms to keep from harming the nurse.

"May I remind you, that you still have to speak with the king about your arrest? I'd be playing nice if I were you..." The nurse seemed sympathetic, and took her clipboard from the floor.

"You're right....I'm sorry...I just-I really need to know if he's alright.." Taehyun bit his lip and looked more sad and tired than angry now.

"Yeonjun gave this order for your own health Taehyun, go rest. When Hueningkai was dying we didn't alarm soobin remember? In case the news wasn't good...." The nurse couldn't even watch Taehyuns eyes shatter.

"What?!- but that was with soobin! I'm not an idiot! I brought him here blood in my hands! I know he wasn't dead so how can I just wait around?!" Taehyun got angry again and kneed one guard, then elbowed another in both their groins.

He took hold of the nurse again by the shoulders and matched his eyes an inch from hers, letting her feel the hot breath oozing from his clenched teeth.

"If he dies, I WILL kill you ....do you hear me? I'll make sure everyone in that room pays if they make a mistake, he can't die, he's a prince! I'll have you beheaded!!!" Taehyun stopped with a groan in his breath, the nurse had stuck something in his arm clutching her.

"Relax, it won't hurt you it's to help calm your adrenaline. I will let you in, but if you interfere with any doctor, you're risking his life. So look, don't touch. And don't tell yeonjun I let you in." The nurse held her finger to her lips as if to say 'shhhh'

Taehyun, desperately nodding only agreed and eagerly paced as the nurse let him in.

Taehyun came in and his knees felt weak soon seeing beomgyu laying there, doctors and nurses surrounding him.

They had seen the nurse let him in, so they didn't question and simply kept frantically working. They had already pulled an all-night we just to keep him from dying, but now they were trying to fix the problem WHILE keeping him from dying.

Taehyun couldn't stand much longer and kneeled beside the bed, taking beomgyus cold hand from under the blanket, making sure to not block any doctors access to his wound.

Taehyun couldn't lie even to himself now, he was holding the cold hand of his lover in one hand and his mouth in the other to keep from crying.

Beomgyu wasn't going to make it.

"Hueningkai?" Soobin gently tapped the kitchen door with a smile seeing Hueningkai making more pancakes for him.

Hueningkai jumped slightly and avoided eye contact. "I'm sorry- I'm almost done.." Hueningkai seemed to start rushing the pancakes now.

"No- no it's alright I got the full story of yesterday filled in by the guards and staff in the halls on the way here. I was hit and the massacre ended with the king being found and his personal guards cleaning up the castle of civilians and rebels."

Soobin saw Hueningkai visibly ease in the slightest while moving the pancakes onto a plate for soobin.

It wasn't fixing their problem at all though.

"Kai..." Soobin came behind Hueningkai, not touching, but asking gently for some answers from him.

"Are you alright?....." Soobin saw how hueningkais legs trembled when soobins shadow hovered from behind him, so he took a place besides Hueningkai instead, leaning on the counter.

"I- Mn-.." Hueningkai wanted to say something but it was obviously he was trying to stay composed. Not even making near close to eye contact now.

"Hueningkai... Its just us. Us two, and no one else. I won't touch you, and I won't make you do anything you don't want to. I just want you to be yourself again...." Soobins hand fiddled with his own ring against the counter, making ever the slightest clinking noise against it.

"I believe you-....Im just- I'm,... I don't even know what I am! I can't look someone in the eyes without feeling intimidated! I can't stand someone touching me without feeling terrified! I'm a mess! Ruined!" Hueningkai cupped his face and sank down to cradle himself.

Soobin dropped down to hueningkais level quickly and instinctively went to hold Hueningkai, but abandoned the thought.

"You aren't Hueningkai. It's called a traumatic event. It won't just go away but you aren't broken. You just have to overcome it. Slowly. Baby steps, and we can do it together okay?" Soobin was patient. He blamed himself so much for letting this happen, so now he needed to fix it. Not wanted, needed.