Chapter 23

Soobin awoke startled by a pile of wood falling on his feet. They and all slept on the floor with the saddle blankets, so sleeping wasn't exactly pleasant.

"Mm...Kai...what the hell?" Soobin rubbed his eyes to adjust to the sunlight now pouring in the windows.

Hueningkai was wearing his pants rolled up, his shirt looked to be a bit cropped so the bottom could become the bandana that held his hair out of his face.

"Why are you staring?" Hueningkai wrung out a towel in a bucket of water, putting some a wanted soap into the bucket.

Wife material...Soobin wanted to say, but for obvious reasons, didn't.

"Your hair looks nice pushed back. What's with all the bags?" Soobin pointed out the large pile of bags in the corner of the kitchen.

"Oh Taehyun and I hauled those in this morning while you and Beomgyu were sleeping. It's just supplies he bought at the market."

Hueningkai stood once the cleaning bucket and rags were ready and pulled a broom from the pile of things Taehyun had bought at the market.

Soobin stood quickly picking up the saddle blankets and clothes they had slept on so Hueningkai could sweep there.

"Can you lift me so I can get the things off of the top shelf?" Hueningkai finished sweeping and set the broom aside.

Soobin was about to say why not use a chair, but the chairs were probably not reliable. He wouldn't trust old crickity chairs with his kai.

Soobin bent down and lifted Hueningkai by his knees, regretting nothing when his face was practically right against Kai's ass.

Hueningkai pulled jars and books off of the high shelf, throwing the books into a pile and setting the jars on the table.

Soobin smiled at Hueningkai working so hard to clean, it was unlike him.

"You're really passionate about fixing this place up hm?" Soobin leaned on the counter, admiring his boy- his friend.

"Taehyun said that you and I could be roommates if I finish cleaning the inside today. He made a chore chart." Hueningkai handed the piece of paper to soobin.

"You really want to be my roommate that badly?" Soobin gave a shy smile and hid his face.

"Of course, I like you." Hueningkai laughed and started scrubbing the floor.

Soobin read the 'chore chart' and frowned. It didn't say that Hueningkai had to clean the inside.

Went out to shop with beomgyu, stay inside the cabin till I get back.
                                   -Taehyun.

Soobin reread it again, and it said nothing about chores. It made him confused.

"Kai, did you even read the 'chore chart'?" Soobin held up the paper so that Hueningkai could see it.

"Yeah, he told me everything that we did the cleaning and him and Beomgyu can do the fixing." Hueningkai ran his finger along the words as if reading them.

"Kai.....can you read?"

"Would you stop that?" Taehyun grabbed beomgyus hand harshly away from a hair comb that they didn't need.

"Ow ow hyun that hurts!" Beomgyu slipped his hand away and blew on it, looking sad that Taehyun was just rushing through shopping.

"Comb isn't on the list, I got two proper hairbrushes in the basket." Taehyun pointed to the basket on his back, showing the hairbrushes he had already purchased from a woman.

"Then what else is on the list? We got combs, soap, dishes, bedding, lamps, what else can we even carryyyy" beomgyu complained since his basket was more full than Taehyuns, which only had the brushes.

"We can make pretty much anything else we need there, it's a far trip from anywhere into the forest so I want to make this a stock up trip." Taehyun was focused on looking for the section of the kingdoms market he wanted.

"That's nice, we won't have to come back for a long time so what else could we possibly-" beomgyu froze when Taehyun turned around and shoved a shirt against his chest.

Beomgyu looked at taehyuns eyes speaking what he was thinking. Taehyun nodded to himself.

"What? We all need clothes and I don't know how to sew do you? Blue looks nice on you anyway." Taehyun put the shirt over his arm, deciding.

Blue looks nice on me? Beomgyu smiled to himself at the small compliment Taehyun gave him. It made his cheeks pink.

"Taehyun, can I get this one for you?" Beomgyu smiled and pointed at a cute red shirt with dangly sleeves.

"Get whatever you like." Taehyun tried to sound cool and not touched at beomgyu wanting to get something for him in return.

Taehyun let beomgyu continue to throw clothes into his basket. He discovered another thing about the stubborn prince.

He really likes fashion. Which was nice, but not when Taehyun had to carry it all for him.

Taehyun decided to let beomgyu do the shopping for everyone and just walk alongside him, eavesdropping for any rumors about the princes leaving the castle.

He heard a rumour that one had died, but knew that both were very much alive. If that was the only rumor people had then word must not have gotten out.

"Your hair is long." Beomgyu noticed taehyun staring off into space.

"Are you done shopping?" Taehyun ignored the statement about his hair, he wasnt wrong it was getting in his eyes since he hadn't had time to cut it.

"Yes, can I put it up?" Beomgyu followed Taehyun as he payed for the clothes and left the clothing section of the market, then the marketplace, and started on the trek through the forest.

"No. You get haircuts from servants, I'll get one when we get back to the castle." Taehyun flipped his hair back out of his face.

Beomgyu frowned. He really wanted to play with Taehyuns hair.

"Can we take a break? We've been walking through the market my feet hurt, there's a little river going through the forest let's dip out feet in!" Beomgyu grew excited now.

"Must you complain about everything? No, let's get home and-" Taehyun turned around to see beomgyus basket on the trail, abandoned.