Chapter 16

"I SAID IT WAS FOR A STUPID TEST!!" soobin groaned into his hands.

Yeonjun tried to comfort his friend but had no idea how, he thought that soobin was happy after spending time out of the castle, but he came back with a whole other box of problems.

They were sitting in the fencing courtyard, in full practice gear. Yeonjun was supposed to be helping soobin improv his sword skills, but was instead giving love advice.

"Listen...if you like him why not tell him?" Yeonjun had fiddled a hole in the dirt with his sword, thinking of comforting things to say.

"It's not that easy...I don't know if he likes boys, or would stay in the castle with me.....I don't even know what the reaction to a gay prince would be! Whyyyyyy am I Choi Soobin....I want to be a tree....planted outside with Hueningkai forever...and never have to move...." Soobin groaned and only seemed more stressed out.

"At least you're stressing over normal young people problems and not running away from a castle this time." Yeonjun had run out of inspirational things to say. He couldn't argue with soobins words. A gay prince....whew ...that's rough...

"You're not helping." Soobin glared to yeonjun.

"Look man...you said you like him right? Then make him fall for you! Even if he doesn't like you right now, can't you charm him? You're literally a prince. No one has to know if you date anyway!" Yeonjun sighed, just wanting to get to the sword lesson.

Soobins head shot up with a wide smile. "YEONJUN YOURE A GENIUS!!!" soobin squeezed yeonjun tight in a hug that would've killed him if not for the practice armour.

Soobin got up and dropped his sword, bolting out of the courtyard.

Yeonjun stared at his sword, then soobins on the ground. "What...just happened?"

A bird had landed on the bench where soobin had sat, pecking at it.

"So I don't suppose you would like to learn how to fight with a sword?" Yeonjun said to the bird, making it look at him and chirp.

"Didn't think so...."

"I don't want to write to them...I can't even speak to them yet..." Beomgyu crumpled up his fifth assignment letter to the king and queen.

Taehyun watched as the trash can filled up and sighed. "Then write one to me, but use your grammar. Pretend youre writing to another kingdom for trade." Taehyun was currently writing something of his own.

Beomgyu watched Taehyun focusing on his paper. The sun was coming through the window and lighting up his face. He was pretty cool looking right now.

Beomgyu smiled about the situation right now. Taehyun had been pissed, and understandably so, but he hadn't lashed out at beomgyu for it.

Beomgyu looked down to the cast on his ankle and wrist. They had to have been put on while he was asleep, and Taehyun had watched over him all night because of his concussion.

Taehyun had also brought him back, was spending everyday to help him adjust to prince life, and was the only one who so far could handle beomgyu.

He kind of felt unfair now....Taehyun was doing all this for him and they still bickered so much. He felt like a brat.

"Why so quiet? I hope you're being loud on that paper." Taehyun hadn't even looked up from his own paper to speak.

Beomgyu sighed and began to write his letter, having something to say now.

Taehyun peeked up to make sure beomgyu was writing and found beomgyu smiling down at his paper while writing.

Taehyun wanted to know what he was writing about that would make him smile like that. Taehyun shook his head and smiled to himself, going back to finishing his paper.

"Why are you suddenly taking me somewhere? Aren't all eyes on you?" Hueningkai was currently getting dragged by soobin, who was supposed to be in a sword lesson, to an unknown place.

'Dragged' would be an overstatement. Gently led while on wooden crutches was more like it.

"Here." Soobin turned a corner of the castle and opened french handled glass doors.

Hueningkai squinted at all the sudden sunlight around him, but when his eyes adjusted they were in a green house.

"You like lemon and fish yeah?" Soobin presented a picnic blanket with fish and lemon on plates, just like they had eaten in the forest.

Hueningkai was pleasantly surprised, more by soobins jazz hands than the food, but It was still cute.

Hueningkai sat himself down, setting the crutches beside him. He didn't hurt anymore, and could walk, the crutches were merely so he doesn't rip the stitches out.

Soobin set a few grapes on hueningkais plate, glaring at the greenhouse guards to not stare.

"What's all this for anyways? Didn't you have lessons?" The grapes in hueningkais cheeks made it hard to understand him, but soobin had.

"Ah- they finished early. It's just to thank you for helping me out again." Soobin lied, he had gotten a few date ideas from the ladies in the castle, and this apparently seemed the most romantic of the options he got.

"Do you like it?" Soobin smiled seeing hueningkais stuffed cheeks nod back at him.

"You don't have to feel so indebted just because you're a rich prince, usually if someone calls on the street, you help them up. No big deal. Now we're good friends, good enough repayment to me." Hueningkai laughed and sprinkled his lemon on the fish.

"You really think so?" Soobin cut his fish and took a bite, feeling guilty again that Hueningkai was making him happier than he made him.

"Prince or not a prince, it doesn't matter to me." Hueningkai said truthfully, but paused, staring at the last bite of his fish.

"What? What is it?" Soobin was afraid Hueningkai didn't like the fish when hueningkais expression went sad.

"I miss dusty....she's probably hungry without me there..." Hueningkai wanted to share his fish with the cat that hung around the forest.