6- Confusion

Why?

"I don't know."

Why!?

"I said I don't know!!" I shout.

My shadow glares at me from across the table.

Answer the question.

"I don't know the answer!"

Yes you do!

"No I don't. I don't understand what came over me or why I spared him." I place my head in my hands. This has been going on for hours and honestly I'm starting to get sick of it. I've been asking myself these questions ever since I returned, and it doesn't help that my shadow is shouting at me.

You're growing weak.

"Shut up."

You're failing.

"No."

You claim to be the best, but you're nothing but a scared little lost puppy.

"Stop it."

You're nothing.

"No!"

Weakling.

"SHUT UP!!"

I slam my fist down on the table making my shadow jump. I growl at my shadow, my ears pinned back.

Then tell me why you didn't kill him!

I sigh in defeat. "I-I couldn't." I mumble.

What?

"I couldn't!" I shout. "He reminded me of someone and when I looked in his eyes..." I sigh not knowing how to continue. I close and rub my eyes.

"I felt like a girl again... a human girl without a care in the world. There was something in those eyes, something that I've forgotten. I-" I release a shaky sigh. "I just couldn't."

I look back up at my shadow and growl.

"Are you happy now!?"

It doesn't respond, just watches me with those soulless eyes.

He could be back, no doubt he won't forget what you did.

I chuckle dryly, "don't worry about that, he won't be bothering us again for any revengeful purposes."

My shadow nods.

Wiped it clean?

"Just our encounter. And left a strong feeling of not wanting to come back here." I state. Wiping memories has never been my favorite thing to do, but when it comes down to it I couldn't risk that so called 'Radio Demon' coming back looking for revenge.

I lean back in my chair. My thoughts drifting back to the deer demon. I don't know why, there was just something eerily familiar about those eyes.

Would you like to forget?

"Yes."

My shadow walks over to me and places a finger on my forehead. I close my eyes and breathe deep. Letting the feeling I got when I looked in those eyes fade away.

When I open my eyes I have no recollection of the conversation we just had and that eerie familiarity of the eyes.

I blink and look at my shadow. "Thanks. I trust you got the answers you wanted, though I don't recall what those answers were."

My shadow nods and fades from view. I stand up from my chair and make my way to the front door, wanting to go out and hunt.

My mind drifts back to my 'fight' with the radio demon. I spared him, but I can't recall why. I scratch my head in thought for a second. But I let it go, I must of forgot it for a reason.

I throw on my coat and open the door to the surrounding woods.

-•*•-
Date- 7-13-2020
Words- 523

everything happens for a reason. 😉

(I have no idea what I'm doing, I just hope you enjoy this trash)

Cya~