23- Extermination Day

The day has arrived. The day demons all over hell fear. I am sitting on the roof watching with amusement as all the demons below race around for shelter and supplies. Everyone else in the hotel is working to lock up all the windows and doors.

"Dear you should come inside. It's not safe out here."

"Thanks Alastor, but it hasn't even started yet. Can't I enjoy the view before I'm locked in this hotel for the day?" I respond.

"(Y/N) it's going to start any minute now."

"Oh." I jump up from the ledge and head inside with Alastor.

-time skip brought to you by angels mercilessly killing sinners-

The screams fill the otherwise silent lobby. I'm sitting on the couch with Angel. Vaggie and Charlie are in Charlie's office. Husk is passed out at the bar. Nifty is still cleaning.

I look over at Alastor, who's standing by the door watching the chaos with a sadistic grin on his face. His ears perk up when he sees something outside and without a word he opens the door and leaves.

"Alastor where are you going?!" I shout but he doesn't answer. I just watch as his figure disappears into the chaos. "Dumb ass." I mutter. "He's gonna get himself killed."

"Don't worry puppy tits, he'll be fine. He's an overlord after all." Angel says.

"I wasn't worried." I argue.

"You sure? You two seem pretty close." Angel gives me a sly smirk. I punch his arm.

"Why would I care about him? He probably wants to kill me."

"You haven't seen the way he looks at you. He definitely likes you."

"It could never work." I mutter crossing my arms.

"Why not?"

"Well for starters I'm a wolf, he's a deer. Predator and prey aren't supposed to fall in love. And second we're both overlords, to much competition."

Angel rolls his eyes. "First, this is hell. No one cares if you're a wolf and he's a deer. Second, he doesn't know you're an overlord."

"I'm terrified of what'll happen when he finds out." I say, realizing the truth in those words.

Angel pulls me into a hug. "We'll deal with that when the time comes, for right now just enjoy your afterlife."

I smile. "Thanks Angel."

"Anytime."

I pull away and watch the door, anxiously waiting for Alastor to return.

-few hours later-

"It's been hours where do you think he is?" I ask. As much as I've been trying to deny it, I'm worried for Alastor.

"He's probably fine. I'm gonna go get some food I'll be back." Angel gets up and I'm suddenly alone in the lobby. Well I mean Husk is here but he doesn't make for very good company when he's passed out at the bar.

I get up and walk to the door, trying to see if I can see him anywhere out there. I look, straining my eyes against the chaos. Then I see it. A flash of red disappearing down an alleyway. My heart drops when I also see an exterminator follow into the alley. I catch a whiff of deer blood and before I can think, I'm racing out the door.

Fuck if it's not him I just fucked myself

I race down the street. Jumping over bodies and garbage. I get to the alleyway and race around the corner. The cement screeches under my feet when I come to a halt. The sight I see takes my breath away.