30- Couch Dreams

Your POV

I spent the rest of the day with Angel at the hotel. He asked me about the demon and I explained who the demon was.

Angel comforted me, though I didn't really need it. It's no surprise that one of my victims was wanting revenge.

We stayed up late watching movies, talking, and playing different games. It felt like a sleepover of sorts, a sleepover in the lobby of the hotel.

Cherri had joined us in the beginning but as the night went on she went back home. It's now almost midnight and Angel as gone to bed in his room, leaving me alone on the couch in the lobby.

I sigh and stretch out on the couch in the dark of the lobby. My body is too tired to walk to my room so I decided to just curl up on the couch. Not long after I fall asleep I'm greeted with the same old nightmare.

Alastor's POV

I unlocked the door to Charlie's office. A simple lock, easy to break into. I stroll to the filing cabinet and pull open the drawer with all the hotel inhabitants information.

Flicking through the files until I get to the one I'm looking for, (Y/N). I grab the file.

Now we can see who she really is.

Closing the cabinet, I turn and walk out the office, locking the door behind me. File in hand I start making my way to my room for a little midnight reading.

The lobby is quiet as I walk through it, keeping to the shadows. I'm about to turn down the hallway when I hear whimpering.

"Please n-no. S-stop."

I turn trying to find the source of the noise. My eyes fall on the couch, where (Y/N) is sleeping.

How did I not notice she was there?

She's curled into a tight ball. She's also clutching her tail like her life depended on it. Her whole body is shaking in fear. I can't help but wonder what she's dreaming of.

"W-why?" She whimpers again.

She sounds so broken and scared. The urge to comfort the wolf is strong and I don't understand why.

I hand the file to my shadow and it disappears, taking the file to my room. I'll read it later. Slowly I make my way to the couch.

I sit next to her on the couch and brush a strand of (H/C) hair way from her face. She's so beautiful when she sleeps, even when she's having a nightmare.

I shake those strange thoughts away and place my hand on her shoulder, shaking her gently.

"(Y/N)."

She mumbles something incoherent and starts whimpering again.

"(Y/N) dear wake up. It's just a dream. (Y/N)."

She slowly opens her eyes. Her breathing is heavy and her eyes are unfocused. She stares at me and suddenly she wraps her arms around me in a hug.

I don't know what to think or do. Normally I would kill any demon who would dare touch me, but when (Y/N) touches me it feels kind of nice almost peaceful.

The sound of sobbing pulls me from my thoughts. I look down at the wolf in my arms. Her ears are flat against her head and her face is against my chest. I call feel the tears starting to wet my coat.

Slowly, in an unsure fashion, I wrap my arms around her. She seems to stiffen a bit, not expecting it, but slowly she relaxes too. I rub circles on her back trying to calm her down. And it seems to work, slowly her sobs become quieter until they're just light sniffles.

"My dear are you all right? Would you like to talk about it?" I ask. Last time I woke her up from a nightmare she said she didn't want to talk about it. I'm thinking maybe this time she'll want to.

She seems to stiffen at the sound of my voice. She pulls away and looks at me. Her face turns from shock to fear as she pushes herself away from me.

"S-sorry. I-I thought you where Angel." She whispers looking away, but not before I catch a glimpse of the light blush dusting her cheeks.

"Ah well, that's quite alright dear, if you ever want to talk about your nightmare you can talk to me."

"I can?" She whispers as she scoots closer.

She can? What am I saying? I'm not good at comforting people.

"I- uh- of course dearest."

She wraps her arms back around me. Burying her face in my chest again. "Thanks." She mumbles.

I clear my throat and stand from the couch. "Ah well, I best be getting to bed."

Your POV

I watch as Alastor stands from the couch. It saddens me a bit I kind of like his warm embrace.

Suddenly a thought pops into my head. I don't want to be alone the rest of the night.

"Al wait!" I call out.

He stops and turns to face me.

"P-please stay with me. I- uh" I sigh and close my eyes. "I don't wanna be alone."

"Of course my dear." He comes back and sits with me on the couch. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me down so I'm laying on top, using his chest as a pillow.

"What are you-"

He cuts me off. "Sleep dear. You need it after all those nightmares you've been having."

"But I never sleep after nightmares." I mumble snuggling into his chest and inhaling his scent. I can already feel my eyelids grow tired.

"Try my love."

Love?

My thoughts are jumbled as I drift off to sleep.

-•*•-
Date- 8-5-2020
Words- 960

Another chapter done! Hope you enjoyed. Sorry for the short wait. Writer's block is a bitch!

Cya~